1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Crafting Items You haven't Made Yet

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Micmatty, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I would like for any item you never crafted before to be marked with a *New icon and once crafted that *New icon will disappear. This is just to make it easier to track things you've never made.

Tho over all I would love a whole new crafting UI.

[​IMG]

Thank you,
    MicMatty

Chemical, Bedawyn, Net and 8 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Great idea. It still would be nice if we had an achievement system in place tracking our actions as well

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

I'd go with something a bit more subtle like highlighting the decorative border.

Micmatty likes this.
  4. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

That is completely fine just some indication to show you've never made it before. I just put the *New because it big and flashy and catches the eye.

5. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

How about items you have never made, have a grey'd out background

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good idea!

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    So @Micmatty what would be the purpose of discoverable recipes? Would you have a crafting book that list all recipes and the ones you have not made are shown with ingredients and have an indicator on them?

8. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

I am not quite sure what you are asking? But what I am talking about is a recipe you already learnt and is in your crafting UI but because you have yet to make it ( first time making you get bonus exp ) it shows some type of *New logo on it or like some of the other suggestions people have mentioned so you know you have yet to get the bonus exp from said recipe just to make the process easier.

9. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

I would be happy to just know the name of stuff I might be missing from my recipe book. I dont need to know ingredients, just the name would be nice. Grey it out, if its discover-able , ya I'm going to have to figure it out, ask someone, or look it up. But I really dont want to flip through my unsearchable recipe book to see if I might be missing something. There has been a few times where I want to make something, but 1/2 way through - bam, i'm missing a component ingredient. NOw - I have to go figure out where I can find it. Semi annoying.

10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Micmatty
    That explains it to me, thank you. It is not for recipes you do not have in your recipe book. It is a icon or indicator that you have looted or bought a recipe and have not actually used it yet. I can see where this would be beneficial although I usually add it to my book and make it then. It would be good for people that acquire a lot of recipes at one time and add them but wait till they have the time, need, and ingredients to make them.

11. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

This would be wonderful, especially for low- and mid-level players. I always prefer to make a recipe as soon as I acquire it -- but I can't count how many times I've learned a recipe only to discover I'm missing some ingredient or don't have enough mats, and it will take me weeks of adventuring (which my noncombatants don't like to do) to get the ingredients. By the time I've done that, I've forgotten which recipes I've completed and which I haven't. Meanwhile, to avoid that, I leave other recipes sitting unlearned, but then I have to manually keep careful track of which I've already bought or risk buying duplicates, since the tooltip only tells you whether you've learned a recipe and not whether it's sitting in a container at home or not.

We know the game already tracks whether we've used a recipe the first time or not. If it just gave us a visual indication of that, it would solve both problems. @Micmatty, thank you so much! I honestly don't think I've seen a wishlist suggestion in the past year that would save me so frustration with so little work on the devs' part and so few potential drawbacks as this one.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i DO like this idea, but just to play devil's advocate: if you learn a recipe and find you can't do it right then, take out a sheet of paper and make yourself a to-do list. this is realistic behavior and gives you a piece of deco that actually has some meaning for your character in game. (of course, these notes would have to be editable as you progress, which is a different wishlist item and why MY new britannia to-do list is a text file and not actually an in-game note...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.