Armor Damage Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anpu, Jun 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

One would think............... ;)

GMDavros and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

That isn’t the kind of content delivery process that Catnip Games uses, as you can see for yourself right now....

Boris Mondragon and FrostII like this.
  4. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

This is one of the most annoying thing about this game is the devs have an idea, they don't test it and patch it to live. This would have been an amazing opportunity to use the QA server to test this new feature. No not Sota, we put it into production and hope it works. Well if you had tested it you would have found out that it cannot be trained yet. You would have tested all other issues that people are bringing up now.

Also why not just modify Taunt to do this new skill, what is the reason for Taunt now, will it be removed at a later date?

GMDavros, Saesa, Jikininki and 2 others like this.
  5. SteelCore

SteelCore Avatar

As far as i understand it the provoking shout boosts all aggro from all sources, like adding a certain aggro value from skills and equipment and boost that for a certain amount of time. But you still have to use the taunt skill frequently to hold the aggro.

6. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I agree, taunt still needed.
    But as the aggro meter is totally hidden trough the combat mechanism, there is no tactics or gameplay around this...
    I see no value to add another skill for aggroing, making taunt maybe more efficient should have done the job

Vaiden Luro and Tirrag like this.
  7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The reason is simple, this skill works best with Heavy armor spec, so Chris wants to leave taunt available to everyone, but have this skill that will buff not only taunt, but agro generation from any kind of damage, CC, buff, heal or anything.this could mean having a fire + heavy tank could never lose agro with his ring of fire or other tactics such as that.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

agreed. i specifically downloaded the QA version as this is the first set of update concepts i have been excited enough about to do it. kept waiting for QA to patch so i could try them out and provide feedback... then came the message that it was going to live. i thought maybe i had missed something but ends up i didnt.

i certainly appreciate the speed to market though and am very excited (as are many of us) about Tanks getting some updating.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  9. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

Based on the skill description, Heavy spec only increase duration of the buff, the skill effectivness doesn't change if you are speced or not. (Heavy Armor Mastery may increase the values, I don't tested it yet.)

As is, Provoking Shout is only good for the Combat Block Modifier because I had no aggro issue with Taunt at 140 and its 0 second of Coldown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.