1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Craftable Clockwork Combat Pets

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

I would like to see the ability to craft combat clockwork pets. There are several clockwork enemies currently in the system that could be turned into a craftable combat pet. These enemies already have an AI and skills that could be reused as a combat pet.

Clockwork Dragon
    Shock Monkey
    Automaton Assassin
    Clockwork Attack Dog
    Clockwork Attack Cat
    Clockwork Attack Raven

This should be crafting focused. Material types should be incorporated in the process to add different resists or buffs making each have a variety of options depending on its intended use. Masterworks (maybe a new masterwork skill) and enchantments (again maybe a new enchantment skill) to further enhance. This could be based off the existing crafting trees and skills or a whole new crafting tree altogether (ie tinkering). The main idea would be that the build and the skill of the crafter gives the pet most of its strength. If absolutely needed, maybe something similar to the focus tree enhancement of summoned pets so a limited set of skills to provide some boost after construction.

Summoning could be similar to taming but maybe a "clockwork pet control ring" that the pet is bound to instead of a necklace. These rings could then be sold on vendors. Healing could be a clockwork pet repair deck skill similar to potion deck abilities that uses repair scrolls from inventory instead of potions. Recipes could be drops from Kobold enemies.

So now it's just up to @Elgarion to make it happen :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I threw it into company chat in case we get some nibbles -- cool idea ;) Up to me? Haha -- I'm not one of the men with the magic powers behind the curtain :p

Tirrag and Sole like this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Cool idea.

Makes me wonder about an entire future character class built around clockwork tech / time related skills.

Tirrag likes this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I thought this would come one day, an entire tree focused around Kobold tech that would allow you to use their guns and pets and whatnot, would be really cool!

5. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

(Kobold)Engineering crafting tree!

Tirrag and Lord Aventine like this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I had hoped this would be Tinkering, eventually. Use alchemy potions and such to craft traps, pets, crowd control measures, etc.

Anpu and Tirrag like this.
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

bumping this. just heard on the stream it might be happening!

Elgarion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.