Cabalists and Triglavians

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oplek, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

Recently, Eve Online introduced an ongoing event where some form of evil outside force is combating the world, and the players can join in and fight for either side. This happens in PVP areas especially, driving a lot of conflict. This supposedly has permanent ramifications and consequences for the world.

Honestly, that's where I thought the whole cabalists sieging towns and cities was going, in this game. Instead that was never completed, was dumbed down, and is now trivial.

When we're talking about changing direction of the game, that's what I'm hoping for. Not more decorations, or classes, or minigames.

2. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I remember when they were describing that owning a home was an integral part of the game and that areas (towns) could be under attack and would impact things... Portnip's description of that was like a parent promising to bring home fireworks and giving you a box sparklers. Total let down. Total miss. And then, as you said, they went and dumbed it down even further. That was like them taking away your matches so you couldn't even light the simple box of sparklers they gave you.

I have heard nothing nor have I seen anything that would lead me to believe they have the desire or ability to do what you and I are hoping for.

3. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

I love sieges. Idk why though, they are almost pointless. Oh how I wish they had a purpose, aside from the .00001 chance to drop a hood. I miss the days of having to run through them to enter a town, dashing all the way, hoping my tiny 300hp self didn’t accidentally touch the fire. Same with when the passes on the overworld map were closed. Gave me need and drive to gain skills.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I loved sieges when I would get 480k experience for turning in 18 Arcane Catalyst each day.

Prada, Nick, Jikininki and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

That is true lol. I came back to the game from hiatus only the last couples days of that. That drive to do my sieges for those big numbers had me looking forward to that clock reset.

Boris Mondragon, Prada and Barugon like this.
  6. Prada

Prada Avatar

I used to love sieges...

I had started playing again when the QUEST EXP was boosted, as I wanted to turn in my 18 Arcane Catalysts each day...only have 5422 left!

Nothing worse than having something you have done the work for, that will require you to log in for the next 301 days to turn in LOL!

evillego6, Anpu and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.