Summer Showdown Group Combat Tournament RESULTS POSTED

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Grumpy Krabnevir, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Thanks for the reply. Since this is posted in recurring events, the community can eventually expect "special items" "eventually". Good to know. I hope you event works out wonderfully. I will be looking for partners to hopefully participate in time. Thanks to everyone who put in work to make this happen.

Net, Sonja, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  2. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I'm not 100% sure what you are getting at, but if you were questioning chris' willingness to provide items for these type of events, I can say that according to what I was told, he was willing to do so, may still even do so, but was going to be hard due to time constraints. I have no reason not to take them at their word on this matter and personally am ok with their answer no matter how it turns out.

Secondly, I did change the level requirements, which makes it easier to put together a team, I surely suggest you participate, the prizes aren't shabby.

Grumpy

Sonja, Jikininki and Peach like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are non-PvP peeps allowed to watch, or is the town PvP by default ?

Sonja and Jikininki like this.
  4. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

The town of Krabnevir is not PvP flagged. The event is in Grumpy’s dungeon, as to whether it will be PvP flagged or not, he’ll have to answer, I’m not sure. Even if it is, I know Grumpy will not tolerate any poor activity and spectators are more than welcome! The original post mentions wine for all, participants and spectators. While I’m giving out gifts to all participants, I will also be giving treats and random goodies to all spectators who come to enjoy the event too!

5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Your original post made it quite clear of your intent. Thanks for cleaning it up on the second reply, as yes. The second post was a simple question without an obvious off-topic derailing agenda. (Which is why I left it, and replied to your question directed at me). PM me if you wish to discuss this further. Hopefully you've signed up for this event and have some fun. It looks like Grumpy's put in some serious effort here :)

Grumpy, ya, I don't think Chris will have any special items available for you by the time of this event. But perhaps if you save your roster, you can provide some after-the-fact down the road.

I hope everyone has a great time!

@Grumpy Krabnevir -- is Fzol going to be streaming this?

Lily Byrd, Sonja and Jikininki like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

The dungeon was flagged for PvP when I entered to check it out and I assume it will stay so, because it is complicated to do this type of event otherwise. Sure he might require participants to flag, but it is annoying, so I assume the dungeon will stay PvP.

Sonja and FrostII like this.
  7. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

The town is not flagged as pvp, and everyone is welcome to attend and spectate. If anyone attempts to attack anyone outside of the tournament match, they will be banned from the town.

Hmmm, i'm not sure, I will have the dungeon set as adventure mode, if it is necessary to flag for the contest, there is an oracle building in town.

@Elgarion yes, the plan as it stands is for fzol to use the 'fly' command in the dungeon and stream the event as best as possible, and yes, I will save the roster and send it to you and maybe Chris can do something when he has time. Anyone else who wants to is welcome to stream while competing etc.

Sonja, Lily Byrd and Violet Ronso like this.
  8. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

There are still a couple spots available in the main event and in the newcomer event. Anyone interested plz contact me. If you don't have a team, I might be able to help you get with others who want to be on a team.

Sonja, CatherineRose and Violet Ronso like this.
  9. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

I will come and watch as I have not had time to think about getting a team together. I'm looking forward to this Grumpy.

Sonja, Jikininki and Violet Ronso like this.
  10. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Be prepared, we may ask for volunteers if there are any spots left and if there are multiple singles that want to give a go, especially in the newcomer bracket, which is now anyone 125 and under. :) And you still have time to do a team.

11. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Curses and damnation. 12 midday NBT is 1 AM in my little corner of the world - and the main events will get under way at 3 AM!!! This old relic just cannot appear at that time - you'll have to murder someone else

CatherineRose and Violet Ronso like this.
  12. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

I will DEFINITELY be ready!! And I am still looking for a team, too. But, I will watch if no spots are available. Thanks!!

Sonja likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I just want to take the time to thank Grumpy for this great event, as a Team from the Newcomer bracket, and our highest AL being 115, when we got accepted to the main bracket since there was a team missing for the main event, we just hoped we could get a decent showing.

We know where we made mistakes, and we were clearly outmatched, but proud nonetheless.

Also, GGs to The Strangers, I hope we can cross Blades again another time when you guys are more prepared!

And a big thank you to everyone who participated, it was fun and interesting to see all the different team compositions and player builds, gives me plenty of ideas.

So on behalf of The Gardiens du Lys, thanks a lot, and I hope Devs can show up next time, this was the most fun we have had in a while and events like this one need to happen more often!

Lily Byrd, Sonja and King Robert like this.
  14. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

Lovely fun, thank you Grumpy for putting it on.

Jikininki, Sonja and Violet Ronso like this.
  15. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

we should have had a match for second from last place. As it is I think we tied for second to last ;-))

Sonja and Violet Ronso like this.
  16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I though of that too, we ended up with Last place prize but I think it was the spot we would have ended either way :p.

If your team wants we can have an unofficial fight for last place :p

Sonja likes this.
  17. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

You are welcome, thank you for participating. I think everyone had a good time. We will do this again in due time.

Results have been posted in the original post. Great Job Everyone!

Nope, final position is based upon seeding and tournament structure based upon which match is played when, etc. BUT!!!, the good news is, I forgot to give you the ADDITIONAL Special Last Place Prize of 100K gold which was so kindly donated by @CICI so please find me in game when you get a chance and i'll give it to you.

Lily Byrd and Sonja like this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ohh sweet! My teammates don't use the forums so a free 100k :D

Jk they will be getting their share, thanks a bunch @CICI !!!

Sonja likes this.
  19. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you guys end up with a video of this event, please link here. I'll try to put in the next update as well :)

Jikininki, Sonja and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.