SOTA Is a Fishing Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beaumaris, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Episode #3 is a Myth...

Jikininki likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Maybe they should put on that gustball game. Or host a crafting recipe swap. Or teach an agriculture class. Or restock a vendor.

You're right, there are a lot of events they could do. It doesn't all have to be combat, fishing, and dance parties.

majoria70 and Rook Strife like this.
  3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

It was when the original obsession with fishing started that I finally quit playing the game and gave up any hope it might be turned around.

All those game elements that needed either fixing or creating and they devoted months of precious Dev time to fishing ! Presumably because a couple of the inner circle like it so much and waved some cash in the Devs direction. The fact that it is still going on beggers belief.

arcdevil likes this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

the only time I ever come into the forums is to post a bug, or wishlist well I am working at work where playing is almost impossible short of crafting. I do respond to some threads when I do pop in. but can't say I come here for questions or other stuff maybe some marketing stuff... the rest all happens in the game for me. i just use the /u or /t for all my needs rather than leaving the game to post. just my thoughts on why people dont use the forums as much... why bother when you can get info in game faster.

5. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

SotA is a fishing game.
    SotA is a Decorating Game
    SotA is a role playing environment game
    SotA is a PvP magic combat game
    SotA is a hunting game
    SotA is a mining game
    SotA is a crafting game
    SotA is a zombie slasher game.
    SotA is an MMORPG

It's probably better to say what SotA isn't!

BTW, I love the fishing in SotA but don't get to do it enough.

Elgarion and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm happy fishing got some updates finally but still it's missing some interest with the decision to have no water aggressive plants and water creatures to attack. Just a few like krakens or sharks in deeper water and of course message in a bottle to get a quest and treasure map or partial treasure map. Fishing did not get much depth of interest added but many did give ideas that did not get implemented.

I agree fishing and dance parties should not be what the game is mainly doing as advertised events. That is for players to do. The game should be calling all avatars to a dragon invasion or undead invasion complete with quests, rewards, etc. A story of why included. An on-screen announcement that it's going to start.

We should have events created by the game. Like Battleground's, invasions, etc.

Fishing quests should be a daily players can pick up as with all merchants giving those out to those players looking for other things to do.

I'm not saying don't have an occasional fish tournament with special something added to the waters to spice it up but always think to include a quest and story to go with it. On screen announcement not chat window announced always even though it could be both.

arcdevil and Sulaene Moon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.