Corven Trailer

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by CorvenPOR, Jun 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Ahhh what a great opportunity to insert a Kickstarter meme here.

No one ever learns

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Sadly I agree. Been down this road before with other kickstarter games and dont have the confidence it will come to fruition with less money.

It's unfortunate because the demo looks great and would fill that Ultima VII itch that I have been looking to scratch for years.

Montaigne and Barugon like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Let's also not forget Corv's history on his old account on these forums and reddit as well.

5. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

I would think twice and three times about backing a project that came up and then re-set itself when things did not go their way. What is to say the project was meant to go on at all? There is a HUGE difference between 20 and 40k. This is some shady stuff.

And yes, a (the?) dev of Corven could not say enough bad things about LB and SOTA for quite a while. He then deleted everything here, on reddit and elsewhere when he sniffed an opportunity to cash in on the Ultima name.

As a huge Ultima fan I am pretty sick of mediocre games cashing in on the name. I want to believe a new Ultima type game is in the works somewhere, but there needs to be some more honesty before I can commit.

Montaigne likes this.
  6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I was sad to see this not make the funding level. I was a bit worried when the tiers were fairly well spaced until you got to the $230 somethings level and the net one was $500. A huge loss of potential backers that would not want to do the $500 but might do up to $300. Oh well hope they have better tiers and better rewards.

Here is what they said:

Why are we doing a re-launch?

Because even with very optimistic calculations and assuming we have a big uptick at the end of the campaign we would not have made the goal by about $ 8000.-

So rather than wasting 20 days waiting for it to fail, we decided to start new, with better rewards, a lower goal and adjusted tiers.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly some people are to dump on something before the details are out. Just by the fact that there is a playable demo speaks volumes. That's more than SotA had and more than most others. That's already a lot of man hours for something some of you are calling 'shady'.

As if $20,000 or so means much of anything in the game development world. In the case of a small team it just means it takes a little longer to make. It's not like the KS is intended to fund the project from beginning to end.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I was sad to learn the project was removed. I cannot wait to for Monday to see the new campaign details. Just wanted to mention it here In a prior posting as others may not of seen the email from Corven yet.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I would be more willing to kickstart if they would post something more recent than the same demo they’ve been using since 2016.

bloodydragon likes this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Did you actually play the demo and compare it to a demo you played in 2016?

11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings greenerpastures
    As you can see from my post this not something I said, it was a quote from the email I received. Is this really a red flag or a poor attempt to come up with tiers, rewards, and a reevaluation of the minimum amount needed to start the kickstarter with the hope of raising more as the project unfolds? I thought their tiers were a bit random and they needed to evenly space them out. Also the physical rewards were Meh, although that may be because of the SotA kickstarter comparison. I am glad they are re-thinking it and are willing to start over. Monday I will decide if the new kickstart is exciting enough to pledge again. As for the past with Lord British I would think that has all be resolved since LB is supporting the game with his image. Maybe @Lord British would like to comment on this?

12. Nick

Nick Avatar

My opinion is that corv was speaking up for players he felt unfairly moderated back then. Looking at some of the rage quit posts other players have posted, it wasn't all that bad. (It was entertaining to read though)

I think back then he felt, I can make a better game, and so he tried to. Looking at the demo, it does look good, and he might have indeed made a better game that many backers wanted. (At least the quest dialogue looks way ahead of SOTA). It'll scratch many old timer's itch. Posting it here does make sense since there are backers who do come back to read topics that interest them, even if they no longer play.

Also, Darkmoon likes it. It means a lot to me. :)

Looking forward to the next round of kickstarter.

13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Is Darkmoon still around? As an old Ultima fan I used to appreciate his engagement trying to get the Devs to make a really good Ultima-style offline game. I did a search for him just now and found no posts from him at all.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Avatar

He's not in the forums. he did post on kickstarter. (I assume its him). There's also a character Darkmoon in the game too.

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

He was banned long, long ago, which is funny because as far as journalists go, he gave SotA its highest review score.

Cordelayne, Kara Brae and ephialtes like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Avatar

Entertaining wasn't it? :)

It was kinda tensed back then, angry words were thrown. Port weren't angels in the way things were handled. We've all moved on since then.
    If Richard has nothing against him, who are we to say anything now?

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

You mean things like this?

I really wouldn't say, Darkmoon's critique was insane - he tried to be constructive, got a little annoyed sometimes ...

18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I see. Well, he also was annoyed about how things were done and hoped it would change.
    Hope, he is doing better in Corven :) We will see ...

19. Duke Gréagóir

I don't remember Darkmoon at all. I have been here since before the Kickstarter wrapped up.

20. Duke Gréagóir

My guess was right. 20k is what they want now. No more $20 tier either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.