Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Cool, Thanks @Elgarion…Easy to get to Rock Ridge…the middle island of Mistrendur, along the west sea coast with fast travel connections in Central Brittney at the docks, Noreach at the docks and Crafter’s Town at the Docks…

We also have two Fishing Dungeons… Careful one is just fishing but the bigger one is full of critters…We are also doing a side event during this week’s event…We are offering a bounty for the largest Fish of each water type caught in Rock Ridge during the main weekly CatNip fishing contest…The top (longest) fish for each water type is worth 500 Gold Crowns for the winning fisherpersons…the plan is to have fish turned into the chests on the bulletin board side of the crafting pavilion behind all the Vendor Row Lots in Vendor Square…The entries for this special event will be returned to each participant shortly after the end of the weekly CatNip event… All entries must be caught during the weekly CatNip event – this Friday at noon until next Friday at noon…Please turn in your largest saltwater fish caught in Rock Ridge unless your fish could win the main contest… If that is the case contact Dougan Redhammer so a visual confirmation can be made on the turned in fish…

To find the dungeons move to the bulletin board at the main dock, look down and follow the paver path until you find the fish statues that mark the entry point for the dungeons…Good LUCK and thank you for visiting…

For the other bounties please read the postings on the bulletin board at the docks…

Good Luck Everyone and Hope to see you in Rock Ridge!!

Dougan Redhammer

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Added, you'll be coming up not this upcoming Friday to Friday contest, but the next :)

Awesome, thanks for making a spinoff contest :) I'll get a link to this post put in the update entry for the contest :) I'll updated your description too with directions.

Sean Silverfoot and Net like this.
  3. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

@Elgarion, please add the Outlander Welcome Center to the list. Thank you!

Sean Silverfoot and Sonja like this.
  4. Elgarion

Added! Thanks Bayard.

Also here was this past weeks winners. The prizes have been sent. Grats! I'll get the participation trophies out Monday or Tuesday:

Week 8
    Kithel, Large King Salmon, 2.45 (New Britannian Market)
    POT Towns (Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy)

Emmory Watsyn, Small King Salmon, 1.73 (Paladis Shardfall)
    PvP (2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy)

Big Mac, Mosasaurus, 7.09 (Sunless Barrens)
    Lava (Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy)

Sean Silverfoot, Sonja and Net like this.
  5. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

I am Offering This weeks towns a " Fish Finder Cloak " to help promote their towns, each town will be given 1 Cloak. If you would like a cloak for your town @Redhammer @Griffler @Trinity Please let me know, and I will be more then happy to send you one. These cloaks should be used as a prize for the people fishing your towns. please do not spoil this for future events. (This goes for all future towns also, During your towns turn during this event if you would like 1 cloak please let myself or @Elgarion know.)

NOTE: Not All Towns Will Have A Cloak, Towns That Ask For A Cloak Will Be Responsible For Delivering Cloak To Their Prize Winner. @Phamyns and @Elgarion are in no way responsible for any lost or damaged cloaks, please contact the shipping service to file your claim as each postal service has different policies

6. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Thanks @Phamyns here is what will happen in Rock Ridge this week...

Have you been trying to get your hands on “The Fish Finder Cloak?”

Join us this week in Rock Ridge for the Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney one (1) of the special “The Fish Finder Cloak” cloaks will be given to the angler who catches the largest fish in Rock Ridge during this week’s contest…the fish must have been caught between Friday June 19th Noon CST and Friday June 26th before 12:00 Noon CST.
    If you catch a huge fish and turn it in to @Elgarion cool but let Dougan Redhammer know so the catch can be confirmed and entered for the contest… All other entries can be placed in one of the Chests under the bulletin board wall of the crafting pavilion behind the rows of row lots along the water front….All fish will be returned after the contest result are confirmed.
    Thanks @Phamyns
    Thanks for fishing Rock Ridge!!

Sonja, Aldo, Sean Silverfoot and 3 others like this.
  7. Elgarion

Cool, I received it - thanks :)

I've got it listed as a spin-off event, many thanks Redhammer :)

Sonja, Aldo, Sean Silverfoot and 2 others like this.
  8. Elgarion

Get those fetid conversion statues ready, governors! :) Next 3 towns are up in 4 minutes ;)

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event is live as of Friday the 26th at Noon CT to Friday the 3rd at Noon CT, and this is this week's prizes and goals:

Largest FETID WATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy
    Knightmare Falls (@shadowvice) NEW!
    Outlander Welcome Center (@Bayard) NEW!
    Logan's Farm (@Gridseed)
    RECOMMENDED: Please put a mailbox for your anglers to use by the water. For salt or fetid water contests, town owners can receive a loaner statue to convert the water type of their town to that of the contest, if required.

Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Libris Ruins
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Blackblade Foothills
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who submitted an entry that did not win an above prize
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

Sonja, Sean Silverfoot, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Aldornia, Sonja and shadowvice like this.
  10. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

Welcome to Knightmare Falls, Lained

Your best options is the following:
    - Search for a local Galleon ship in your area.
    - Choose Mistrendur as your favorite destination
    - Once you're off the boat, head east and stick to shoreline until you find a ferry willing to take to the island (this is roughly past about 5 smaller islands)
    - After enjoying a lovely trip to the Head of the Serpent, take the path that heads to the north and then turns to the northwest.
    - Knightmare Falls is the second town on the right.

We'll keep the fires going for ya!

11. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Announcing the Outlander Welcome Center (OWC) Sharptooth Catfish Contest (A contest for the non-pros!)

Update - Due to the large turnout for the first contest, the Governor has added a second contest for Large Sharptooth Catfish. Same rules, info and prizes now apply for the three largest Large Sharptooth Catfish as well!

Hear Ye, Fellow Fishers of the Fetid Waters! The three largest Sharptooth Catfish caught in the OWC and placed in the chest on the porch of the Outlander Inn during this week's fishing contest will win the following prizes:
    • Largest Sharptooth Catfish - Fishing Rod of Prosperity (non-vault!) and 100 Drudge Leeches
    • Second Largest Sharptooth Catfish - 50,000 gold
    • Third Largest Sharptooth Catfish - Bait Pack including; 10 Pale Leeches, 10 Drudge Leeches, 5 Sardines, 5 Herring and 100 Hoppers
    Q. Why Sharptooth Catfish? They aren't the largest or rarest fetid fish.
    A. Exactly! The largest/rarest fish will be sent to @Elgarion for the weekly fishing contest so Sharptooth Catfish won't interfere with that contest.
    Q. Why give prizes for those fish? Anyone can catch one.
    A. To have fun! This is a contest anyone can win even if you don't catch the rarest or largest fish.
    Q. What do I do with my Sharptooth Catfish if I think I can win?
    A. Go to the central bridge and look on the front porch of the Outlander Inn for a deposit only chest with a small silver fishing trophy in front of it. Deposit your fish and your name and fish will be recorded.
    Q. What if there are many fish of the same size?
    A. First fish put in the chest in wins, so get fishing NOW (chests have a View Log feature to show order of submission)!
    Q. Where is the OWC?
    A. Up on the hill just outside of Soltown.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Anpu, FrostII, Sonja and 7 others like this.
  12. Charon

Charon Avatar

OWC is on the hill right outside of Soltown.

Pro-tip: For extra fishing catching goodness follow the stream to your left from the landing bridge until you get to Dainty Flower's fishing shack. On the porch you'll notice a practice dummy that, oddly enough, is named Johnkirk Bayard Jr. The word is killing the practice dummy gives a +5 fishing buff ...

IF for some reason you do not get the buff send a nasty in game mail to @Bayard .

13. Elgarion

adding to the event descriptions

adding town location descriptions as well (very summarized versions)

14. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Greetings good citizens of Novia – The Results are in!!

I would like to start this missive with a resounding “Thank You” to everyone who fished the Waters of Rock Ridge this last week…I can’t express enough how fun for me it was to see so many people catching fish and Sharks. It was very nice to meet so many people and to see the great competitors now in the fishing arena.

I am pleased to announce the winners of the 1st ever Rock Ridge Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Contest Spin off event…

This was a wonderful effort by all the anglers and resulted in the following winners this week…

The Largest Salt Water Fish – A Large Tiger Shark coming in at 5.07 by Engel wins 500 COTO’s

Thanks to a special prize from @Phamyns & @Elgarion the biggest fish caught in Rock Ridge for the week also gets “The Fish Finder Cloak” as an added award.

Many Tiger Sharks were taken from the waters of Rock Ridge this week and it may take some time to replenish them.

The largest Fresh Water Fish – A Large King Salmon coming in at 2.6 also by Engel wins 500 COTO’s

The largest Fetid Fish – An Alligator Gar coming in at 2.41 also by Engel wins 500 COTO’s

In addition a group buy in event was held with a 100 COTO anti with a winner take all payout… This was also won by Engle whose Large Tiger Shark coming in at 5.07 wins that prize pool also…that amounted to 1000 COTO’s

Again – thank you all for taking part in this event…Engle is the big winner this time around…

I am looking forward to the next time Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Contest visits Rock Ridge.

Look for even more ways to win in the future…

Take care, be safe and be healthy…

Dougan Redhammer

Anpu, Engel, Rook Strife and 2 others like this.
  15. Elgarion

Wow, Engel was rockin it! I can send out a cloak soon -- grats Engel :) Thanks for running the spin-off contest Dougan :)

Engel, Net and Sonja like this.
  16. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

@Elgarion I'd like to add Fallin' Green to the town list pls!

Sonja, Sorgin Txakal and Net like this.
  17. Elgarion

Added, you'll be up starting at noon next Friday :) Thanks for joining up!

Also, here's the winners for this past week in case you missed the stream:

Week 9

Engel, Large Tiger Shark, 5.07 (Rock Ridge)
    POT Towns (Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy)

Net, Large Mahi-Mahi, 2.29 (Rhun Ruins)
    PvP (2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy)

Dougan Redhammer, Large Mosasaurus, 7.44 (Oracle Colossus)
    Lava (Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy)

18. Engel

Engel Avatar

I found this
    Don't ask me why I'm so Hooked on Fishing ask Yourself Why You're not
    Thank you Redhammer Phamyns and Elgarion
    Amazing week !

Sonja, Phamyn, Redhammer and 3 others like this.
  19. shadowvice

shadowvice Avatar

How do we know if a fish is OK to send in?

20. Elgarion

@Gridseed make sure your water is set to Fetid. Someone just messaged me that your town is set for fresh water fishing. If you need a loaner statue to change it, let me know pls :)

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.