1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Minimum Level filter for party creation in group tool

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by spainchaud, Jun 22, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

There seems to be a problem with low level characters joining groups and contributing almost no DPS. Last night I was in ERG, standing next to an archer that was only attacking sporadically. After 3 runs, where we attenuated, this avatar had done less than 60,00 in damage. I had been only using auto attack and had done 970,000. We need some way to keep people who are not going to contribute to the group from joining.

Drya likes this.
  2. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

On the other side of the coin, I often see the only ERG groups saying minimum 120 or 115 characters, and I an 112 and feel excluded. It is hard to stop unless the group decides not to allow them or they die every few minutes. Only other thought is that they were healing and that is why they did not do much damage. But freeloading is not uncommon in this game too.
    Regards
    Waldo Ptolomy

Cordelayne, Net, Dollar Bill and 2 others like this.
  3. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

This avatar was not healing. I originally took notice when I saw her health bar sitting at about 50 for over 1 minute, which told me she was not healing herself in any way. Then I noticed she had no attack speed buff, and her attacks were not regular, as if not to draw any agro. That is when I started checking damage output.

When my guild runs ERG we allow low level members, but we know not to depend on their DPS. We may require them to be on resurrection duty. In a pickup group I would expect each member to contribute their share. If it is as a bard or healer that is OK, and can be done at a lower level.

I have been in groups where, as an archer, I am pulling agro from Skelrin and several skeletons, while no one else is targeting Skelrin. That is not fun. I usually just leave those groups, since I seem to be mostly drinking potions to stay alive.

Waldo Ptolomy likes this.
  4. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I am not against this, but I would not want to see it implemented until you provide options for players to get sufficient EXP without having to fight their way into a CP.

Drya likes this.
  5. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

At low levels I got my EXP by hunting low tier zones and eventually sieges. There are also lower level control points than ERG. After I joined a guild we would go to the Lost Vale. There are lots of places for low level avatars to go. If they want to leech, they should join a guild that will accommodate them.

Net and Sole like this.
  6. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Lots of wrong in here lol

1. Being able to set level requirements when you create a group is fine
    It's up to a group creator to decide what they want their group to be

2. Level requirements won't do what you're asking for. A 150 can afk or do no dps just as well as an 80.

3. Already a way to remove non-contributors -> Kick Party member

The request is basically already in-game with more effective options

If you want a serious pub group change text description to No Leechers for new people joining

7. Net

Net Avatar

I do not mind low level players joining the group, though they cannot be the majority:)

I am not too happy about afk players who may do some damage on auto-attack but could probably contribute more with active game-play and would leave the zone properly without letting the mob overrun them and their pets.

I specializeded as healer so I may be seemingly high level but my dps is 0 and my pet may not be very effective either. I do try to keep everyone healthy, but trying to rez afk players is an issue:p

I am not too fond of people being kicked of party (real life happens), but that is an option that works quite well. Some people may take the game more seriously than others, though I really think that is what private parties are better. I also do not know if kicked players can return immediately or after some time... that might be an issue for open groups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.