We just had a patch...what was in it?

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Pawz, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

We go live in a couple days and still have no idea what, if anything we should test and so nothing will be tested. It's so frustrating to try and help the game and get less than zero support! @Atos help us help you!

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If they want you to test specific things, they will make a post about that.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What's the point of us "testing" aimlessly ?
    If Chris wants "testers" he needs to be forthcoming with what he'd like "tested"...
    Is that NOT the point of a "test" environment ?
    Otherwise, many of us feel we're just wasting our time, wondering if he's actually put new code in yet...........
    I mean, he comes across to me as going to any extreme to avoid "exploits" when the code is released as a patch/release/whatever, but if we all KNOW in advance then that precludes an "exploit" as far as I'm concerned.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This is the only thing I saw about a QA patch yesterday, on Twitter:

5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

And nothing will get tested and we go live with every possible bug. I understand it's been like this for years but now we don't even have release notes, only 2 days before we go live, at least release notes gave us an idea of what we might look to test.

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There will be a early look at them posted sometime today or tomorrow. Unfortunately we don't get to see them more than a day before anymore. They are only posted once, in the Avatar's Update during the release week, which is posted Thursday instead of Friday. It sucks, but limited manpower and all that.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They do not currently utilize an open QA testing procedure before placing a build on live. But occasionally they will place content on QA and specifically ask for things to be checked.

That’s how it’s been for a long time.

8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I understand that, it has been a broken process getting even worse with time. My point was it, it could be so much better.

9. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

Things on QA for testing (Per twitter):

1.) New Armor/Shield Durability Changes.
    2.) New scenes (I think 2) in Mistrendur - Spindleskog and Myrkur.
    3.) Tiered resource nodes in Lamech's Bazar (and new scenes?).
    4.) Dragons meticulous collection giving extra dragon scales and a chance for an extra neck bone.
    5.) Epic Artifacts (BMC Ring, Brittlebrawn ring, Pax ring, Ring of the Ringmaster). Each takes 2 legendary rings to craft).
    6.) Xen bow crafted from Rare or Legendary Spider Silk belts and Spider leg Staves will create a rare or legendary bow.
    7.) Framerate improvements in larger parties during combat.

10. oplek

oplek Avatar

They said they'd do better (in improving the process). Then nothing changed.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

A change in the development cycle has been asked for several times, but currently the current development process will not be changing.

They did however start having the QA server with the latest build for testing. And occasionally they will make a post to check specific content. Like the last post they did, was to check Heritage items and make sure the package function was working with them.

12. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

That message you said about chris was before chris say on stream he talked to the team and the team agreed. That was a year ago. That message probably more old than that.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you click on the arrow next to the quote I quoted above, that quote from Chris is from Apr 5, 2020.

14. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Im not gonna look at every stream but i can confirm that around last summer/autumn last year when company changed hands that he would do those thing quartely and he spoke with the team and they all agreed.
    I even remember hes face saying "Yeah, you sure, okay" like he was talking to the team.

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I'm guessing tiered nodes for Lamech's didn't make it into this release?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.