1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

DRAFT: Release 79 Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hey folks! Here's the draft for the R79 notes which I'll get officially posted for everyone's reading pleasure tomorrow morning. I'm not quite done, however. I still need to scour the JIRA's for any items that didn't make it into the patch notes, so expect a few more things to pop in with the final version.

I didn't really have a chance to proof read much yet, so I'm sure there's some mistakes here and there. Anyone spotting stuff will greatly speed up my work tomorrow and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

But in the least, here's the draft and a sneak peek of what's patching in tomorrow!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/128Oo1boc4sZ6dDCBiRSE98pX1tV2ae9741OiMp97GOY/edit?usp=sharing

Net, Sole, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Reward Item Collections: First paragraph "in order provide" is missing its "to".

Also: "subscribers will always receive the best deal in obtaining these items" You might want to re-word that. It's not technically inaccurate, but there will be people who read it as "subscribers should pay less when buying extras through the crown store!" and there will be others who read it as "they're going to start charging subscribers to get what we're already paying for!" Best to be as precise and unambiguous as possible.

Also, since this is the Draft still, did you really want it in the Announcements section instead of the QA forum?

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Fancy Storage Shed: You've got grey text here instead of default coloring.
    Basement NPC Limits: Shouldn't be an apostrophe in plural NPCs.
    Ring of Fire: Two-word modifiers need to be hyphenated unless one of the words is an adverb: "creature-casted", "player-casted", "light blue-tinted", etc. (Technically, the last one should be an en-dash instead of a hyphen, but I don't expect people to bother with that. There were a few other phrases like this elsewhere in the newsletter, too, but I only figured it was worth mentioning because there were three problems in one paragraph here.)
    Mistrendur Ruins: Got some extra spacing in "formerly En Nox".

The Vault items listed will have changed by the time people read the newsletter.

I didn't proofread all the repeated content; why bother, when people won't bother reading it? And as the poster above said, the content just makes me cringe. The new reward collections sound good, but otherwise, this update is going to play right into the hands of the folks who say this game is nothing but a money grabber.

As for the login rewards... *headdesk* One big reward that will be unusable by players who only have row lots and is stylistically glaringly modern, and a smaller reward that could be used by anyone and could easily be something produced by Kobolds or even brought by Outlanders when they arrived, and which of the two does Catnip give out as a freebie to everyone? Of course, the immersion-breaking one that low-level players won't have room for even if they wanted to use it. Meanwhile, the players who like modern picnic tables won't have a reason to buy it, because they'll get a free one and most people won't need multiples. I mean, if Catnip has chosen to make one of the small spectacles into the freebie, then everyone could have benefited, it wouldn't have clashed with anyone's neighbors or the story-town environments, and the folks who want dyable everything to match each outfit they have would still be able to buy extra sunglasses as well as a picnic table. Maybe everyone wouldn't be happy, but at least fewer people would be annoyed. But nope, can't have that, must drive away as many players as possible.

Oh well. At least this made the decision for me, whether to bother logging in tonight or not.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Elgarion likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

@Elgarion "test your mettle" not "test your metal." Unless you are making a UtA reference.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Elgarion, Anpu, Bedawyn and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

$50 Player-Owned Town Major Work Request: Purchase of one of these vouchers allows POT owners to request one of the following.
    • Transfer a POT to another account.

• Change the POT's name, biome, or both.
    Does that mean if someone who sells a town to another player, who wishes to change a different name, will now need to buy 2 Major work request?

Elgarion likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the list of vault items is the current one that's expiring tomorrow. should list the NEXT round.

no and no. A typo was fixed in for the journal entry regarding Roedberk, not a journal belonging to Roedberk. the player who reported it happened to be standing in South Majestic Forest when he screenshotted the entry but that means nothing; Roedberk and all quest-stuff related to him is in the Ruins of Ravensmoor.

Elgarion and Belladonna Rose like this.
  7. Toular

Toular Avatar

Shouldn't "Tamed and Summoned Pets: Adventurers should now notice a significant increase in the reaction time for pets." say "decrease in the reaction time"? The change was to make them more responsive which means the reaction time became less.

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Dynamically scaled scenes is wrong, there is nothing dynamic on manually selecting the difficulty? I don't get it.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Poor naming. The dynamic part is on the dev side. The scenes are built with "dynamic" elements that don't have a set level; when you select a difficulty, those elements "dynamically" scale up or down to that level.

10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

"We" the users do not care if that happens on the background, what we do care about is having correct information. There really is no added value for us them calling it "Dynamic". It is just silly.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Which is why I said "poor naming."

Feeyo likes this.
  12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Join together to celebrate that Minerva has survived chemo treatments for the horrible disease of cancer.

Needs changing to:

Join together to celebrate that Minerva has completed chemo treatments for the horrible disease of cancer.

majoria70 and Elgarion like this.
  13. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Thank you @ Scoffer...correction done! :)

Elgarion likes this.
  14. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

"Player-Owned Town Crown Upgrades: ... Simply put in your request through customer service (at support@portlarium.com), "

change portlarium.com to portalarium.com

Alley Oop, Elgarion and Net like this.
  15. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Nice! Great job team! Thanks for continuing to improve this game.

Elgarion likes this.
  16. Elgarion

The new vault doesn't post until shortly after I publish on Thursdays. It's automated, so I plan to change the update shortly after publication showing the new vault items. Friday updates, I won't have this issue.

17. Elgarion

Great catches folks, many thanks! I'll get these edit suggestions looked at shortly and publish sometime later this morning :)

18. Elgarion

changed verbiage in final to "Tasks that are covered by this voucher include:"

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, no R79 today?

20. Elgarion

I published the final notes the minute R79 went live.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.