Spindleskog

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

1. What little I saw of it, looked fantastic. Great job as always, List.
    2. I'm very concerned about episode 2 content. To be fair, scaling isn't live in this scene yet, and the "Easy" scene may put my concerns to rest. But if this is going to be the general difficulty for most ep2 scenes, I'd like to get my episode 2 access money back, because I'm not going to be able to do any of it. I'm AL 112, and this scene is stupid hard. The "common" mobs in a yellow scene shouldn't be one-shotting me with shield of air active. I can handle the mobs individually (if I can stay far enough away from them to avoid instadeath hits) but more than one at a time, and I'm running for the exit.
    3. Something really has to be done about ghosts. If we're going to have ghosts running around with 5k health, and I'm plinking away doing an average of 12 damage/25 crits with my crossbow... and getting 9 gold and 2 corpse wax for my effort? Who ever anywhere thinks that is fun? It's a ten minute slog to kill those things, for no reward at all. And that's if I'm lucky enough to kill them ell before they start respawning.

[Edited after getting one-shotted by one of the common mobs]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's unfortunate that what they believe people want is just a harder grind. :(

Aldo and Duke Aventine like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this IS the easy version.

and agreed, i can take on one of those ghosts at a time, at L125. i can't do ANYthing with any of the shadow creatures but run fast. i'd like this to be normal and the easy level to be scaled down to 7 or 8.

the scaling does not scale loot yet, in any tiered scene. it's being worked on.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

To be fair, it's entirely possible there are other things to do in there. I just couldn't stay alive long enough to find anything. The quest giver guy at the entrance does seem to be making references to some upcoming story elements, but doesn't elaborate.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, it showed as "normal" when I was in there. Though, it may they don't plan on doing an "Easy" mode version for the scene, in which case you're right. [EDIT: Ah, Yeah, unless Elgarion got it wrong, this is going to be the easy version. Yeah, i want my f'ing money back.]
    I wasn't even referring to scaling, that's what they drop in pretty much every scene, scaled or not. If I had to guess, I'd bet "scaled" ghosts will drop 12 gold and 3 corpse wax.

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin and Net like this.
  6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I reported this on QA, the shadow mobs can hit for around 3k, I haven't seen any players with 3k hp. Of course every shot isn't 3k but sooner or later you're going to get a few 2-3k hits.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah, it's just stupid. Even if I were to get a group together, if the basic friggin' trash mobs are one-shotting everybody, it's just as pointless. It makes sense in "Extreme" where that's kinda the point; it's meant to be stupid hard.

And this is also one more argument as to why "Easy/Normal/Hard/Extreme" is a dumb naming convention. You can't call something "Easy" if it's slaughtering players who've been playing the game for three years.

8. Net

Net Avatar

I hate being one-shotted. What is the point of being a healer when I cannot heal myself or others...
    I like the scene and the shadow mobs, though it is crazy hard for "normal" mode and being one-shotted is not fun. I like hard, I do not like impossible... It was like fighting a whole herd of nightmares on steroids:p

9. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I think it would be one of my favorite zones, but not with the insane damage they do.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

It's not even that it's "hard." I mean, if you've been playing a week, and you didn't spend that week in ERG, t3 scenes are going to be pretty damn hard. It's that this is effectively episode 2's version of a t1 scene. Which means that either the devs essentially want to force us into groups to play episode 2 at all, or they expect that everybody who wants to play in episode 2 solo has been in the game for at least five years, and played fairly regularly for that five years. I've been here for three, and most of that time, I played about 6-8 hours a week. I was (clearly mistakenly) excited for dynamic scaling, because it meant that maybe I'd be able to play the game in an enjoyable way. If you want hard mode, and want to always be earning top xp, you'd be able to do that. If you wanted to take your time, enjoy exploring the new scenes without being constantly on guard for the next mob that's going to smash you in three hits, have a reasonable chance of surviving any mobs you do encounter without every one being a ten minute boss fight, and maybe uncover the cool story elements they've tucked away (that's a joke, they never do that) you'd be able to select easy mode and get that experience. But nope.

Aldo, Anpu, Bedawyn and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

And for ghosts.... I'd just like to point out I can do more damage (2-3 times as much) to T19 Razorbacks than I can to T10 ghosts. If this is working as intended, your intentions are flat out wrong and bad.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Barugon and Cora Cuz'avich like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You know, it would be real nice if Chris would post stuff like that here on their official forums every once in a while.

Wilfred, Witcheypoo, Schulz and 5 others like this.
  14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Twitter is the official forums. This place is just an afterthought.

15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Btw @Cora Cuz'avich

One thing that was mentioned about Episode 2 was that it will include zones you have to group to do, is Spindelscog one of those, I am not sure, but it is possible.

Not that I did not say "Episode 2 is for groups", but rather " some zones are meant for groups."

Anyways this just goes to prove once again how stupid the team thinks we are, release after release of untested, imbalanced, broken as **** content that makes people be upset about, and then many will never revisit this zone. A mighty round of applause for this dev team that doesn't give a crap about what their player base wants...

I'm tired of this team...

16. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I mean what the **** is the QA server?

17. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. It does say "bring a group" in the announcement. But there are other t10 places that don't require a group. If this is intended to be group content, the current "t10" should be re-labeled t12 or t13, then. Or they need to come up with some other way to identify the difference between "T10 Solo" and "T10 Group."

Regardless, maybe the first unique scene of episode 2 should have been aimed at a broader audience?

Aldo, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  18. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

I teleported in and was getting one-shotted by the T12 mobs. I need to go back and try a lower level i guess. Even bringing a group seems like it would be tough to handle those high mobs without everyone dying constantly. I wonder what their loot is like? :)

19. oplek

oplek Avatar

May as well name it the "decoy server"

20. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Chris is looking at the shadow mobs, once those mega hits are fixed, I think it will be a very cool zone. I like the spooky feel to it.

Elrond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.