DPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Is anyone having problems with dps since the patch? My dps has dropped by 70 and I have reviewed all my gear, buffs, and etc. to confirm that I have not inadvertently changed anything. Saw nothing in the patch notes that would suggest dps loss. I am heavy armor, with a couple of cloth items. My attack speed seems much slower than normal. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems.

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

After logging off and back on several times, my gaming experience changes. One time my dps is normal, the next time dps down, criticals down, next time attack speed down. Seems like my character gets loaded differently each time and the only thing that will change it is relog. Just throwing it out there in case others are having similar problems.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Are you testing this on a training dummy ?

4. Chemical

Chemical Avatar

Oddly I have notices the same thing but with loot drops. For example i can be in a zone for 4hrs and get a ton of yellow bundles and a few blue. Other times I would get 1-2. I know its RNG but its either a bunch drop or like none. Some times when rezoning the drop rate feels better or worse.

So if you get into an instance and getting good drops dont leave milk it as long as possible.

Boris Mondragon, Micmatty and Aldo like this.
  5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Ahhh so that's what it was! I switched from cloth to leather last night and was so disappointed with my new set, but today all is fine. Pfeew!

Aldo likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What exactly are you using to determine DPS? A mod?

Aldo and Net like this.
  7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yeah without exact numbers to benchmark what you are saying its pretty pointless.
    So what you guys/gals are saying is that with every login you get some kind of invisible 'luck' percentage flag on your account???
    Then please Atos remove that 'unlucky' flag from my account lol.

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Heh. Maybe that's how SotA works, every time we complain Chris slaps an "unlucky" flag on our accounts. No wonder I can take a thousand beetles and still not end up with a set of armor with the stats I want and more than 20 durability left.

Feeyo likes this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I use amalgamente. I usually get 180 to 200 dps all day long. During the times (extended till relog) I get 130 to 150 dps. Even without the mod, death and running to recover would indicate a problem exists. Even my summon stops working normally. So for now, relogging until every thing is normal is my workaround.

Anpu likes this.
  10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I would not say it is luck. It is something that lasts until relog. I just think that something is not setting up the character properly at log in sometimes. I agree fully with the accusation that without solid data, the post is pointless, unless the goal of the post is to ask if anyone else has noticed a similar problem. I don't have the time to guess what interplay all the numbers mean. They are so misleading, for example when mastercrafting, you may get a choice of +50% avoidance. To some this may seem a good thing, but when you start investigating you find that it is 50% of 1, and to top it off the attribute is greyed out in the item property list.

Feeyo likes this.
  11. Toular

Toular Avatar

I you guys are using a Lua mod to calculate your DPS then it is likely a bug with that LUA tool. After the patch I noticed my own "Crit calculator" Lua mod was failing on a "string.match" with a "pattern too complex" error. It started doing that on June 2. Any DPS mod would also have to use either "string.match" or string.find and they both use the same sort of pattern matching. So, it's most likely a change in behavior within Lua that is causing the mod to miscalculate the DPS.

In my own case I first clued-in on a problem when I noticed my crit percentage had dropped to nearly zero. After putting in a workaround for the "pattern too complex" error my reported crit percentage is back up to around 23.

The important thing to remember is that it's not the numbers you see reported, but the time it takes to kill the baddies. Unless you're really into spreadsheets.

Aldo and Anpu like this.
  12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. I did mention that I am having to leave the fray, where never before had to (at least so often). I fight the same 10+ area daily and am still open to coincidence and a bad rpg experience. I sure hope so, because if I lose faith in the " numbers ", what's the point of playing? Just hoping that recent armor durability massages have not affected other calcs.

13. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Aldo
    Try turning off the GUI using F9 (default) - see if that helps your DPS.

14. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Framerate ranges from 48 to 60 in combat scenes. 22 to 35 in Owl's head. Saw no difference when shutting off UI with F9. Combat dps same with or without, except I was trying to use skills off the combat bar that were not populated. So running without the bar is a no go. Measuring dps when swinging without a skill would be pointless?:?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.