Question on vendoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ysold, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

I'm now in the stage that I'd like to make a bit of money by selling items to the public. I've got a few nifty ideas for items that I don't see much on player vendors (and never on NPC vendors) but I still think are lots of fun! No, I'm not going to tell what those ideas are :)
    I've settled down in a POT that I absolutely love, but unfortunately I seem to be the only inhabitant and I've never seen any tourists, so setting up a vendor there is not a good idea.

I've been thinking to work through a public vendor. I have put in a lot of loot items that I think could be of use for new players, and they usually sell, but somehow I don't think they end up with new players but with veterans who sell them elsewhere for higher prices. That's fine with me, but will it also work for my nifty items? I won't put those up for bottom prices! But if they fail to sell within 7 days, I'll probably run at a loss.

So I've been thinking if it is possible to rent a vendor in a busier area. My target customer is mainly the newer player (a few months old) but I might have something for the older customer too, when they're into decorating :)

What do you guys think, will either of these ideas work?

Ysold.

FrostII and Nick like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Some POT owners will put a few commission free vendors in a good spot, then make them available for use by residents. Try contacting the governor of your town. In the town I live in, Veritas Sanctuary, there are four such vendors near the main crafting area. Though, our governor isn't in game often these days, so contacting him may be difficult. But this is done in many towns, try looking around.

Anpu, that_shawn_guy and Alley Oop like this.
  3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

There are a number of guilds that also have vendors in many of the market town.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

I have 3 lots in Central Brittany with 6 vendors that you can use if you are interested. :)

that_shawn_guy and Anpu like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Alternatively, you can go to wherever Cici is. New and old players visit that kindly old lady pretty often.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  6. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Thanks @Nick ,

We'll work something out, I think!

Now I wonder what you mean by that!

Ysold.

7. Nick

Nick Avatar

CICI doesn't stay still, she moves from town to town. Since she has flash sales all the time, people will always visit to see what new stuff she has.

8. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I have a free public vendor for players in Novia Market. Contact me in-game (Robyn Hood) to get added!

9. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Hi @Ysold , what is your in-game name? I tried adding you to my vendors in Central Brit, but Ysold does not seem to exist?

Feel free to message me as well, thanks.

10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi @Glantor Edge ,

I already accepted @Nick 's offer and have now access to some vendors in Soryn's Field near Resolute. I'm so excited! It's an amazing market.
    Now to work out my pricing...

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Ok great, have fun and all the best! Let me know if you would like access as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.