1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

BBQ Smoker Cooking Station

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Sorry folks, but we decided to do a last minute texture change on this item, which made it into the build BUT the new screenshots for the store didn't quite make it in time. So if you want to see the actual BBQ station, click the preview option in the store to see the rustic texture. The new screenshots will patch in on the next patch.

Here's what it looks like actually:
    [​IMG]

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

missed opportunity for a craft and ornate version. ;)

Elgarion and Anpu like this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I can live with this version. The other I couldn't even bring myself to comment on. The idea of having an alternate crafting station is good, although it would seem that was only a side perk and that the main (and poor) idea was to have a bunch of modern picnic-type deco.

What I can't live with is a company that rushes this into a live build in an incomplete state when it's not remotely critical and there's no reason it couldn't have spent a month on QA, in which case y'all would have had feedback on it in time to NOT rush a fix.

Now, can you guys fix the turning spits so they look a little more appropriate to the world? Pretty sure I've seen in-world versions of the turning pig before that look a lot less like mass-produced plastic rods. I'm crossing my fingers and trying to hope it's just the lighting in that pic that makes them look so bad... but my hope skill isn't that high.

That said, the spits are exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see in subscriber rewards! No one actually needs a spit, but they're a nice addition that allow people to create better environments and help tell their own stories. If the spit rods just looked more medieval, I'd be cheering for these items.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Is this a funcioning cooking station?

AoiBlue likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes

AoiBlue likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Do you still stand around stirring the same ol' pot with a truncated spoon handle?

[edit] The truncated spoon handle might be a glitch only with the cooking pot of prosperity.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

Maybe the BBQ mechanic can be combined with the brewing mechanic.

9. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Do you have an expert version of this, or is this an expert cooking station?

10. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'd love it if select recipes get a success rate bonus when done on the appropriate station, but those stations get a penalty on other recipes or even can't cook them at all in some extreme cases.

Bedawyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.