SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I can do some checking on QA, but could you clarify/confirm? The official page name should be the in-game name, even if the in-game names are inconsistent? If Crown Shop names are inconsistent, is that something @Elgarion could help resolve? (In his copious free time, of course.) Since the Add-On store hasn't included items in over a year, should the wiki even be treating Add-On items as anything more than a historical curiousity?

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Item names can be adjusted on the store, but not all will be exact. Some items have really long names, so I've seem some that were slightly shortened for the store description name. Also, packs of items would not match a particular item name. If you see any that lead to confusion about what's being purchased, yes, I'll be happy to update those. Keep in mind, you can also see the exact asset name by hovering over the icon in the detail view for the item in question.

Anpu, Bedawyn and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yes, the page name should be the same as the item name in-game.

However, lots of these were created based on the store name, because I did not have access to the item to verify. Now that we can see them in the Crown Shop, these are being corrected as I find them by moving the page to the correct name (and leaving a redirect).

As far as the store names, it doesn't really matter if they are consistent, as long as we can tell which is which. I create a redirect for them if they don't match, and enter the "storename=<text>" as part of the template so it shows correctly. That helps so users can search for either one and it will show up correctly.

Alley Oop, Bedawyn and Anpu like this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Cool, thank you! As long as I know what the official policy to follow is, I can deal with correcting them slowly over time. I do a lot of wiki window shopping (way too much), so it's easy enough to add that into my process. :)

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

http://sotawiki.net/sota/Caravaggios_Wolf

Is now back as an active NPC in Ardoris. They are also part of a daily quest. I wasn't sure how you wanted to list this re-activated NPC. You could probably put all the old information about this character in the Triva section(?). His new description could probably read as "He is a dealer of fine art, and specializes in being able to identify the world's greatest paintings. He is particularly skilled in discerning between original works of art, authorized copies, and skilled forgeries." (this is words he uses when you click Job). He has the title of: Reputable Art Dealer.

He is located in a building directly west of the Public Vendor, Deng Zhou.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Added: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Magic_Shop_Manager

I didn't know that was the actual term the game uses for them (they are the NPC's that will accept Survey Tickets). You get a quest called Talk to Magic Shop Manager, the first time you get a Survey Ticket.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

8. Alley Oop

did a major update on the fishing navbox. a few things had changed name, the water types were often wrong, and added all the possible sizes: common fish have no stated size; uncommon have unstated and large; rare have small, unstated, and large. also added a subsection for the few commons that can be found in all water types.

i removed wahoo mackerel from the navbox, though i'm not sure about that choice. this was one of two fish that i know of that were quickly removed from the game, the other being "tuna". there may still be wahoos people kept, though. if it does need to be there, it should be in salt, which is not where it was.

edit: also, is that navbox actually being used on any pages?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Is there some login problem with the website? It’s probably me doing something dumb but just checking first.

10. Alley Oop

turns out staff of xen DOES need rare and legendary pages added; saw this on a vendor. my existing one (which i guess would be uncommon) stil just says "staff of xen"

[​IMG]

11. Browncoat Jayson

Occasionally, something gets stuck and I get into a cycle of "session hijacking" messages. Generally if I clear my browser cache, I can log in again.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and create these.

Anpu likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Added http://sotawiki.net/sota/Cannibal_Stew

Sadly, I created Cannible Stew of Sannio to test and confirm this information..... (Sorry that was the only skull I had on hand).... no offence Sannio... :(

I didn't create the Recipe entry, as this is Re-Teachable (Discoverable).

I placed this dish in the Novian Cooking Repository in Dragomir Mori if you want to see the food for yourself.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Browncoat Jayson, Alley Oop and Gia2 like this.
  13. Alley Oop

Anpu likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    Browncoat Jayson and Elrond like this.
  15. Lained

Lained Avatar

Browncoat Jayson, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  16. Alley Oop

Anpu likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Should be, but probably hasn't been implemented. I saw it on a few of the bait but it will need added to others. I'll try to get to it early this week.

18. Browncoat Jayson

19. Alley Oop

bah, i think i was more intent on modifying the existing data than looking at if that data made any sense.

name and job title.

[​IMG]

20. Lained

Lained Avatar

Should fish with large and small variants have their own page or simply denote the additional sizes on the fish page?