Fishing Changes ...A little love please.....

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Strider99, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Firstly , let me say Thank you, Thank You, Thank You for the changes to mining and Farming. They are both fun now and its actually fun game play to be a Farmer and a Miner. Awesome!

Now, can the Fishers get a little love please, pretty please....

1. Thank you Elgarion for the weekly catnip fishing tourney. Its a fun event and getting a participation trophy each week really rocks!

Suggested Changed to make Fishing fun!

1. Change the EXP for trophy fish to something other that 100 please. 5000 would be more realistic for catching the common trophy fish and 10000 plus for exceptional rare fish such as Moss, Shark, dunk.
    We get the same exp for 100 trout in a row as we do for the rare fish that are 1 in a week or 1 in a year! Make it fun like mining.

2. Give some kind of reward for having put millions and millions of skill points into fishing. My Fishing is 131, my other fishing skills are all about 120 and I get the same results I got when they were at 10. Its insane. I catch more fish but no more rares. EX: I have been fishing lava for a year and 1/2 and I still have not caught one dunklesauras.

We need more ways to earn lots of crafting EXP. I spent over 30 hours fishing this week end and got about 10,000 exp total from it. At double XP its rewarding to craft now though still very out of balance when you compare 50000+ points for each skill gain tick vs 2500 for each successful mining once you get over 100ish in a crafting skill.

Crafting is Awesome but we desperately need new ways to gain crafting exp like what you did for mining and farming or the reality of crafting decent gear is just out of reach for most players. It take over 65 Million exp to get fishing this high with almost no exp return for it.

Thanks for the game, Its awesome!

Respectfully,

Strider Green

2. Engel

Engel Avatar

A fisher should be able to gain experience only with fishing
    Currently we have to mine craft and harvest for a gain in fishing
    Please Please

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  3. Mysty2

Mysty2 Avatar

Devs,
    Please strongly consider the recommendations from Strider99 (Strider Green) as a good stepping stone to reboot participation for this archetypal crafting tree.

Even for those of us who do not fish such as myself; A thriving Fish-Sportsperson community allows gathers to sell bait, and that drives up value for the gathering community.

Thank you for your consideration.

calkano (PAX) and Engel like this.
  4. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

Here Here! More love for fishing!.

A really rare fish like a shark or a sturgeon should give up to a million crafting xp. I have caught 1 shark in a year and a half of fishing.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    calkano (PAX), Engel and Mysty2 like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Didn't that just go in? I think you now get 100xp for planting, and up to 400 for harvesting, at 100xp per each watering. (So if you only watered twice, you get 200xp for harvesting.) I might be wrong on the details, I heard it second hand. Might only be on QA atm, too.

Galorn, Ravenscar and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, it's live.

[7/6/2020 8:09:40 PM] Item (Producer Experience x9200) added to inventory.
    [7/6/2020 8:09:40 PM] Item (Tea Leaves x412) added to inventory.
    [7/6/2020 8:09:40 PM] Item (Tea Leaf Seed) added to inventory.
    [7/6/2020 8:09:40 PM] Item (Red Worm) added to inventory.

Ravenscar and Anpu like this.
  7. Ozzy Questor

Ozzy Questor Avatar

I agree also.. I also thought it would be cool that you would have the option to release the catch and if you chose to release it you would get some XP. This would cut down on hoarding fish in game as I know people have chest full of fish.
    CATCH and RELEASE is the new fishing :) Just my thought. I also have been fishing pretty hard core off and on for past year and a 1/2 and NO Dunkel :)

One more thing is it true that all the different baits really don't improve your chance of catching that trophy fish? IF so perhaps it could be looked at to improve our chances to catch that trophy.... Minnows deserve a break too :)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    gtesser, Nubby and Engel like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also improve fishing loot. A nice message in a bottle to give a whole treasure map sometimes and pieces sometimes. Also message in a bottle could give a quest or clue to talk to someone. I am still wishing for krakens and fishing up sometimes a fish that is feisty and attacks, poisons, or causes you to bleed. Good chance to use something to cure that poison or bandage that cut. Let's shake it up a bit guys.

Osiris3, Nubby and Engel like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Strider99
    Wouldn't this be better off in the Feedback or Wishlist sections ?

Redhammer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.