Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s already 2 Episode 2 areas in Mistrendur now that anyone can play in currently (as of today, this will change..... someday......): The Ruins if Utheim and the new level scaled creatures (you pick the difficulty) Lamech's Bazaar. Go in there right now and have fun....

Again, new content for episode 2 will be released as they add it. Just check the monthly release notes or weekly updates: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nd-information-on-patches-to-the-game.163518/

Elgarion and Duke Aventine like this.
  2. farzaneh

farzaneh Avatar

Thanks buddy

Elgarion likes this.
  3. regis2

regis2 Avatar

Hi everyone - I'm kind of new to the game. Bought it when it was available on Steam but didn't get very far. Recently re-installed and having an absolute blast.
    Hope to see you all out there.

4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome back!

5. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome back!
    I f you have questions, the folks here on the forum are very helpful and knowledgeable. They already helped me out of a tight spot or 2 :)

Ysold.

6. Regalias

Regalias Avatar

Hey all :) Hope you are well, I found this game while searching for something unique and after reading through the guide I can already see myself enjoying this for some time.

majoria70, Ysold, Elgarion and 2 others like this.
  7. Elgarion

Welcome! Thank you for giving it a try. Please let us know if you have any questions :)

Regalias likes this.
  8. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome Regalias!
    I hope you will have fun for a loooong time :)

Regalias likes this.
  9. Sindalish

Sindalish Avatar

Hiya, i'm a new again player! I played years ago but returning! i need to relearn the whole game again! Super excited about this game, i used to Love playing so looking forward to getting into it again! I've played everything from UO to Wow and sooo many Steam games! <3

Question as i start back

I would like to keep the guild name i am in but the GM quit years ago (along with all the other members) and is there a way to be the GM so I can keep the guild name?

10. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi and welcome back!
    I hope someone sees your question here, but I think you'd better ask it again a separate post, either here or on in General Discussion.

Anyway, have fun!

11. Sir Gally

Sir Gally Avatar

Hello everyone. I joined SotA about four weeks ago and like reading any great new book that you can't put down, I been playing nonstop since :):) I earned Grand Master Ranged Combat status yesterday :):). Also, I have been completing every quest that I come across. I recently was rewarded a "Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed" today. I'm not really quite sure what to do with this. I could really, really use a house to put all my loot at because I cant afford to buy anymore slots in the bank. I was waiting to see if I like the game first before investing my cold hard cash on a house. I don't see alot of players like most games. so when I see someone I always give a greeting. I absolutely love this game. It reminds me of the old Ultima serious. Great job on content, terrific! My name is SirGally in game and I'm currently adventuring in the Resolute mountain area trying to complete the Courage Quest. Hope to see anyone and maybe hang out for an adventure!

12. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi Sir Gally and welcome!

Congrats on the GM! Well done!
    And there is more good news: since you have a "player owned town row lot deed", you are entitled to a FREE house in a player owned town (not a standard town). Don't do what I did: don't buy any other deeds or houses, because you have everything you need already in your hands. What's left is to find a friendly player owned town that you like. Are you a sociable player or do you rather seek solitude? There's plenty active towns, I'm sure you'll get some offers when you post on the Player Owned Towns forum. If you're into solitude, there's plenty of towns with available lots.
    But check the towns out for convenience: is the lot close to an exit, or did the owner build gates to other places in the world? How close is the town to a city with cross-continental galleons? You want to get around easily :)
    Also, if you're into crafting, check if the owner built a crafting center that's open to all and check if there's a crafting materials NPC nearby. And if you are thinking about vendoring, also ask if there's player vendors in your town you can make use of.

To keep your stuff, you'll need some containers in your new home. There's many available! Chests, trunks, cabinets, backpacks, small bags, dressers, writing tables and so on. If you're not planning to make them yourself, shop around a bit in player vendors - don't go for the first you find because prices vary a lot. Or contact me in game (player names Dido and Nemhain) for some basics.

Or, shameless plug, since you're around Resolute, check out the market of player-owned town Soryn Fields :) Yes, I supply stuff for 2 of the vendors there :)

Ysold.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Sir Gally . You are welcome in Wizards Rest. At the boat on the map go to Hidden Vale. Head toward the Volcano and an NPC town called Owlshead. Behind it on a cliff is Wizards Rest. All vacant lots are claimable with your lot deed. Just click on the lot stone. If your lot deed is in your inventory you can claim. Row lots come with a default house which you can change later by crafting another row house if you like or someone can craft for you with your mats. Also chests or other storage itens, backpacks etc can be crated. I'm Majoria in game if I can help.

Ysold likes this.
  14. Elgarion

Welcome Sir Gally :)

Sir Gally likes this.
  15. JHarper

JHarper Avatar

Hail and well met friends!

I've recently found myself in this most treacherous and yet welcoming land. While I've played the role of an Avatar in the past during my travels through Sosaria, this new world holds challenges which seem greater by far than any I've previously faced! I'm eager to meet with other noble and Virtuous individuals to bring a measure of joy, beauty, and kindness to this land. Should we meet in a tavern, the first round is on me!

Jarvi Mystara

OOC: (I'm a new SotA player who used to play UO in the hayday. I'm in my early 30s and hoping to find a fun and at least semi-active RP guild/group to run with!! If any are recruiting, please let me know! Details: Playing as a caster / crafter. MST, UTC-07:00. <3 JHarper)

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game @JHarper . Don't hesitate to ask questions. Again I'm Majoria in the game and I accept all friends requests. Happy journeys.

Ysold and Damian Killingsworth like this.
  17. Elgarion

Welcome!!! The community is super helpful. Be sure to ask questions if something comes to mind :)

Ysold likes this.
  18. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome JHarper and Jarvi!

19. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Ysold likes this.
  20. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Welcome back Milord!
    I hope you have a great time in the game.
    Did you read that there are brand new barding skills? I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure they're a lot of fun!