Take a break, take a Project: Gorgon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feeyo, Jul 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'd give it a try but MMOs just suck. I'd much rather have single player and lots of story/quests.

ephialtes, Bedawyn and Anpu like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I really liked the game The Last of Us. While it is a shooter which I don't usually play that often, it is very rich with story. I'm looking forward to playing the 2nd one. I'm not good with playstation so hope it's on PC.

I also played Project Gorgon a couple of years ago. It's amazing as mentioned how much depth this game has. So consider if it's a choice to make in-depth systems that are interesting, satisfying, and fun or have good graphics, well the Gorgon team went for the first. Touch ups on graphics could happen later. Imo they did what they had to do with no loss of focus on it.

Edited typos

Barugon and Anpu like this.
  4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Last of Us 2 is a Playstation exclusive

5. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Well let me know what server you are on. I'll join you to Crush, Kill, Destroy.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I did play on PlayStation. I was wishful thinking. I never got into consoles although I got one for the new anime Trails game.

7. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I'm thinking to give a try to Project Gorgon after a year barely playing SotA. Thanks for all the info guys!

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, what is there to do in Project Gorgon beside the typical MMO treadmill stuff?

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

10. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I think its the interesting systems that you just don't see in other games. I'll try to list a few.

Lycanthropy linked to the phases of the moon in real life.
    Animal forms with fleshed out skill trees. You can be a Rabbit Ice Mage or Werewolf Psychologist. A Giant Bat Necromancer I think. Spider Druid!
    An NPC favour system to unlock certain advancements.
    A lot of trade skills like Art History, Cheesemaking, Mycology, Flower Arrangement.
    When you die you get XP based on how you died and this is tied into other skills.
    When you eat food you increase a Gourmand skill which allows you to eat better food and ties in with other skills.
    Curses like getting turned into a Cow (which makes a great tank btw) permanently until you get the curse removed.

It is very grindy but so interesting and original. For sheer creativity it puts all other MMO's in development to shame.

11. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Some info

12. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Anyone play ESO??

13. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Tried it, played for a week or two - thought it was terrible, never went back

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. It has a huge amount of story and they keep adding to it. My only problem with ESO is that it's a MMO. I would like it so much more if it were a single player game or if you could at least play through all the story solo.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You know all the original Elder Scroll games are single player? Rather than playing the online version just get the single player games and you’re all set.

ESO is the MMO version of the single player games. If You want single player game you have to play the original.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Played for two years. Have many good things, imo better PvE than PvP (mostly due to the combat mechanics). Questing and PvE in general is better than SotA, no doubts and if you like the Elder Scrolls lore you will love it. Housing and character development is better in SotA, all depends what you looking for in an MMORPG.

Barugon likes this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I tried that I was severely disappointed. Skyrim is about as old as you can get and still have fun. Anything older nope. Painful.

Too much we expect nowadays is not in those old games.

18. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I don't know, I quite like them. Plus they are mods for most of them that add a ton of stuff. But I do like some ESO.

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I actually played ESO recently on the side. It's an amazing game in a lot of ways, such as beautiful graphics, voices are fantastic, and there is a never ending amount of things to do. Scenery was beautiful and so many places to go. It felt pretty open world. I advise anyone to see it.

One thing that is absolutely cool is the thieves guild questline which is way too short. You do not have to be a pvper to do it. It is totally pve against Npc's but then it ends with the quest line which is disappointing that they ended it.

Crafting was OK but didn't keep my interest for some reason. It was more like a daily chore which is fine if the rest of it found some greater reason. Anyway it tried to be good and it was probably not what didn't hold me to the game.

I don't have too much critism for the game. As with most games how long you play them is dependent on you. I only played ESO for a few weeks and not long hours on my own.

Sota has so much less than Eso in many ways yet in others it has so much.

If we could just get an un-biased director to direct progress in a helpful way I do think we could fill in the holes of Sota. As of now it flounders losing focus and going every which way it can leaving behind even more unfinished messes to fix with the small team. I call a halt to get a grip. Some order to the process please. @Chris . I only wish for good things for this game. More wave battles is not it. It needs interesting details, completions, and focus.

Yeah easy for me to say right? I'm not in the middle of it. I'm Only looking in from the outside. Being partially lead by a community of reactions is also trying I'm sure. Bring in the un-biased director whose not in the middle of it to clear the trees.

Ok sorry for lengthy but as always hoping the light will shine through. I'll embellish later with constructive examples. Vagueness helps nothing. Why ramble on without constructive feedback?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Duke Gréagóir and Barugon like this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is the key thing: there's always something to do.

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.