Getting strange loot lately, you too?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ysold, Jul 10, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Since a few days I'm getting "funny" loot. Best so far was a crafted house (!) Wood & Stone Inn. Also a small crafted cabinet. And some completely useless stuff: an Intricated elven mirror (no decoration) and Golden elven necklace (can't be worn and no decoration).

Is it just me?
    Ysold.

2. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

in my travels i have looted the Wood & Stone Inn and on occasions a small crafted cabinet, but never those elven items.
    in the last month or more.

Ysold likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

these should have been from the battle of blood river. they were quest items for an earlier version of the scene, but i don't think they're currently used. @Sannio

Gia2, Retlaw, Ysold and 2 others like this.
  4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

True, they're from the Battle of Blood river. I was there to celebrate the birth of Ysold, berserker lady :)

Anpu, Net and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Ysold - There is a system in game that if a player crafts an item (in theory, only items that can be equipped, but that might have been expanded), and then sells that item to an NPC Vendor, there is a % chance that the item will go into the loot table for a monster loot drop. It is kind of nice. Last year, I was working some crafting skills and ended up selling about 40,000 Holly Wreath Hats to the NPC vendors. For months around Christmas, players were getting them and sending "great idea", and "Thank you" notes to me. lol So these player crafted items might also be something similar going into the loot table.

Sannio, FrostII, Ysold and 1 other person like this.
  6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

The loot inventory has gained a lot of items that were "sold" back to the game by either the vendor or merchant system.

I have looted a couple of items that were crafted by various avatars that probably would not sell.

Ysold likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I got a large wardrobe (can't remember the name off the top of my head) off the trolls.. it wasn't crafted.

8. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I wish the game would do more things like the Golden Elven Necklace and the little mirror. Of course, it would be better still if they were decorations, but even without that, it's something unique that you can only get in that one scene. We need more of that.

I got a bathtub from the crafted loot a few months ago. :) Thinking of bandits lugging around a bathtub... well, I got a laugh out of it, and that's never bad. (And, yes, I got one of Tazar's holly hats too!) I've also recently discovered that the crafted loot system DOES work offline too. I just wish we could add Crown store items to the loot tables too. Probably not worthwhile online, since you'd have to pay a premium price for them in the first place, but it would be a nice way to improve the offline loot tables.

Ysold, Tazar, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.