1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Avatar’s Update #389: Lord British Castle Preview! Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elgarion, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings Fellow Avatars!

This week’s update offers a quick look at Lord British’s Castle! Located in Mistrendur, this upcoming high paced adventure scene is for Episode 2 Access holders, and will feature ever increasing difficulty as you progress through the scene. For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:

News Announcements
    Community Updates
    Full Article: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=124360

2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

This really looks great!
    @Sannio, the flower shield is wonderful :)

Echondas, Ancev, Sannio and 1 other person like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Dear Team:

it is relly great, that you bring back those town sized homes.
    But the price is just not in frame with other houses.

Shogun Town sized House was back with 16,000. Why not 10,000 or 15,000?

Now the Obsidian Tower VILLAGE size is back with 25,000!
    Sorry, who is rolling the dice? ;)

While the Obsidian Tower TOWN Water Home is at 15,000 - and it isn't a Vault item ...

And Pirate Ships are at 10,000 (no vault items).

Please, find a similar fair price system for all town sized THEMED houses (Shogun, Kobold, Obsidian, ...) like you have done it for row houses.

Thank you very much! All Avatars will appreciate this :)

Net likes this.
  4. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We've spent some time doing price normalization and will continue to do so in the coming months. Expect some of these to possibly change by the time they return to the vault again to align better with other prices available for same type items (with some variance based on the quality/complexity/premium nature of the item). I've been working hard on store stuff lately, and I just haven't gotten to these yet.

5. Net

Net Avatar

Yeah, I was happy to see Obsidian village home in the vault, then I saw the price...

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Lord British’s Castle scene looks sweet! Awesome job on that. :D

That’s actually a really clever way to add that there.

Sean Silverfoot, Echondas and Sannio like this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

...especially since LB isn't around to inhabit it himself...

Anpu likes this.
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Well why would he? Everyone just wants to kill him anyway.... ;)

9. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Know I'm in the minority here, but I don't want all the house prices normalized. We're at war with the kobolds, the smart elves avoid us, and the Obsidians are an ancient order whose survivors we're also at war with. It SHOULDN'T be as easy to get those themed items as it is to get items from the other themes (or lack-of-theme). And we should expect the NPC guards to start growling at anyone who throws an Obsidian, Kobold, or Elven house up in the middle of an NPC town -- you're effectively planting an enemy flag, after all. :)

Would have loved to have the Elven Hill home and the Tower Home (as well as the Shogun ones, and well, pretty much all the vault homes, but the Shogun ones most of all) to decorate my empty offline world. Alas, no vault there.

10. Paladin Michael

Well, if we are talking about a behavior inside the world, it would be nice to have such an effect. And yes, would be fine, if themed houses couldn't be spread in every npc towns to preserve the own look of npc towns.
    And governeurs of towns could have the right to allow only one theme or different in town. Yes, alot of interesting things could have been done ...

But this has nothing to do with the price, we are paying inside the cronw shop ;)

Net and Cordelayne like this.
  11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks! :)

12. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

@Sannio

Will LB be using it as his home or is he considered in exile from those assaulting the castle?
    And will most spaces set up in the scene have the possibility of holding peaceful events in the future or will it remain a combat scene?

Cordelayne likes this.
  13. Sannio

In SotA, Lord British is a player character used by Richard Garriott. He can stop by as often as he would like. I, for one, look forward to watching him trying to take back his castle from the scoundrels who keep trying to take it over.

It is purely a combat scene, although I supposed it's possible people could gather in the very front area just inside the gate. But the sections surrounded by the hedge maze and the castle interior are all combat-only.

Anpu and craftymethod like this.
  14. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

One man's scoundrel is another mans revolutionary!

If there was a removable flag in the castle that unless placed somewhere within 12 hours would be teleported back to its position would be cool. IE if it could be taken and placed anywhere in Novia to hide it. returning the flag to its position would either show support for LB or guilds or factions could try to keep the flag hidden.

interesting opportunity! although you would think his followers would have made a better attempt at defence...

The roof looks cool for a place to hangout for whoever has control of the castle, :p even though it seems to suffer the sane fate of other npc castles in the game void of a view :)

Looks great Sannio nice work!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I hope that, similar to U9, the "real" Lord British is holed up in the dungeon.

16. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Lord British's castle compound under attack by unknown (revolutionary?) forces, thus explaining why no royal guard'smen have been seen patroling Novia in recent years. Leaving the obvious question 'has LB albeit temporarily lost authority over the realm?'
    Who are these revolutionaries and were they helped / and are they being assisted in the ongoing assault on the castle?

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I would like to see something like this as an example included: the all poweful Lord British can clone himself occasionally and become giant and menacing to be defeated or of course not if you venture into his random location secret room. He says that is a no no and wants you out Perhaps as in Disneyland Fashion some floors rotate.

Also I ask for notes, quests and clues to be slathered around here and everywhere to give many varied experiences depending how deep a player wants to go. Wave rooms are wave rooms. We already have many. Shake it up with details as mentioned choices that change it up and matter. Also make virtue matter more in this game.

And please please for us too curtains that open and close

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    craftymethod likes this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

How could he? In U9 I baked bread with poison in it before I left for Britannia. Then switched the bread with his in his castle. watched him eat it and DIE! ;)

19. Sannio

You'll be able to get on the roof, after clearing out enough rooms of enemies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.