Lord British's ERG/UT Castle

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Rook Strife, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Castle looks great visually

I would suggest continuing to decorate then

Stop

Download WoW, StarWars, Modern RPG/MMO, etc

Join a decent PVE guild there and have them run you through the raids / instances for about a month

Create mob design / combat / quest / loot part of Lord British's Castle

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

lol

craftymethod and Barugon like this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You forgot to pin the devs with the @ symbol. :D

4. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

The Virtuous stand ready to take the castle back from the scoundrels with or without fancy PVE design :p

Can't wait to explore it should be fun if I can avoid the high level mobs

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  5. aragorn lancermane

aragorn lancermane Avatar

Not entirely sure if you were serious or joking but in all honesty your suggestion would seriously yield some good insight on what WE as a whole are up against when it comes to having this game succeed.

Again in all seriousness- I would suggest doing the following:

Look at the top 5 current MMORPGs and DO NOT compare it to SotA..... yet... but instead do-
    1. Find what all their dungeons have in common.
    2. Find what all their raids have in common. Yes seriously there is a difference between the two.
    3. Find what incentives they all have to keep players.
    4. Find what caused their players to leave. What did they fix it to prevent more players from leaving? This is were we should have our magnifying glass and put our big boy/girl pants on and determine what is whinny and what is valid.
    5. Which direction/part of the game did they focus primarily to keep the game going?
    6. What did they consider good risk vs. reward?
    7. Most of all- What are they doing that ATTRACTS new players to try the game?
    THEN- compare it to what we have and see if we have any of the following things they have.

The key and most important part to this is to get staff that is unbiased in this game and are willing and able to tell the team what they need to hear not what they want to hear. The hardest part is finding someone without a personal agenda or stake in this game to trust giving the accurate and proper feedback. There are a lot of people who push to have Chris' ear but have their own agenda or their own vision to push behind the scenes. This is the type of feedback we currently do NOT need. So long as we understand that this game should be pushing towards THEIR (Catnip) vision of lore and overall gameplay...I just hope they take each suggestion accordingly. In turn I'll be blunt and honest with this and I truly hope the team already knows these things:
    • We shouldn't have released the game to the masses when we did. The game was not ready. We did not have anything to offer new players from the top 5 current games out there.
    • We are working behind the power curve. The longer we go with no definitive progress, the more people we will eventually loose. Word of mouth and social media will only do so much before new players realize this game does not have anything they were looking for.
    • We don't have any incentives for new players that DO NOT know Ultima or UO to stay. If you have a player from WoW, ESO, Final Fantasy Online, etc. join this game, what do they have to look forward to?
    • How are we going to advertise ourselves again after we did not get the outcome we wanted after launch and NOT fail?
    • Nostalgia will only take this game so far. What happens when the new players loose that feel?
    We need to stop taking baby steps and make ourselves competitive.

Do we have what most of these other games do? To be honest no we don't. This is a nice step in the right direction. But did we seriously need another challenge dungeon? What would the players get for completing it? What would the incentive be for repeating? Why have it be modeled after the Compendium of Pain and Suffering? If this is the direction we are going with our dungeons- okay I get it. I hope this is not the direction we are going with our raids. I also hope that there are bosses in this dungeon and NOT ANOTHER CONTROL POINT or control point feel.

Vladamir Begemot, Net and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.