can't not loot

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by scroda, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

caution advised while writing a lua script as there is no method currently available to draw stuff to the screen without triggering the garbage collector, which causes game hitching due to a lag spike of 150+ms.

also suggest not writing a script to workaround a bug that (illumination willing) will cease to exist.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, what I was thinking would be this:
    • You have a container named "Junk".
    • You put items that you consider to be junk into that container.
    • You execute a command like "/junk catalog" to add those items to a junk list.
    • Whenever you type "/junk" (no arguments), it would move any items in your root inventory cataloged as junk into the "Junk" container.
    No drawing stuff or listening to events.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    scroda, Anpu and Net like this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

Hey, if you can do that I would greatly appreciate a handy command to separate loot and consumables into specific containers in my inventory as well:) I can use one for valuables such as crowns and supply bundles and possible artifacts and quest deco and gear:p
    Oh and definitely one just for fish, finally I could separate fish from the junk gear I fish :p

Bedawyn and Barugon like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I was thinking that it would be nice to define a bunch of different container names (say in a text file) so you could sort various items. Of course it's not possible right now though.

Net likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since Chris really doesn't look here anymore, maybe @Elgarion could put in a good word?

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well he should look here imo. Hopefully @Elgarion chats to him if feedback things are discussed to better the game. It seems he was doing that and Perhaps he is even busier trying to help make a better game for us. Who knows but twitter is not all there is. Some of us are still here after all these years.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really don't expect much anymore. They mostly just ignore my bug reports and I've pretty much given up.

Anpu likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I totally understand. To me most I hear is combat and grinding or deco. I would love to hear of an achievement/task system coming in that tracks and rewards your progress. I would love to hear cooking gets more than one skill added and a masterworking skill. I would love to hear that we are getting a new quest system with a journal that works and makes sense and especially if it could tell of the world like what there is to do in this game. Such as the music system, housing, pvp, taming, and all types of quests etc. I would love to hear scenes get more details, lore, dailies, reason to visit instead of grind reasons. Those are to mention a few things. Not sure if any of those on my list will happen. To me it is disheartening. I know not just one thing will make a game. Games like ESO's housing system misses the mark and they have gorgeous quest systems with tons of quests even if hard to keep track of which one you're doing most of the time but still they miss some heart that this game has if only SOTA could move forward to get basics completed and basic missing features added in. Well If only. Here's hoping treasure hunting will not be rushed. It could be thought out instead of rushed while some back burner things get completed. Yeah again if only.

Barugon likes this.
  9. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I have some questions about this design. @Ravalox , perhaps you could explain to me some things please.

For instance, in this design, how is one who does not wish to loot supposed to participate in party combat without preventing everyone else in the party from looting, only allowing them to loot once every 20 seconds?

Also, is there anything in place to prevent someone from utilizing this design to troll people and cause disruptions of fun? For example, if one wishes, one could simply create an account(or use other alts) then join a party and refuse to loot while pretending to be unaware of the situation.

IDK, this design seems really confusing. Please unconfuse me

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Net likes this.
  10. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Choose the option for "Free For All" looting when creating the party. The Party Leader can opt to change the loot mode at any time.

If the parties you play with do not want to use "Free For All" looting, then you yourself maybe should create a party and attract like minded players.

As far as trolling ... the party leader can kick party members at any time for any reason. So trolling is not a thing.

Alley Oop, Net and Anpu like this.
  11. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

ouch, they don't exist. If they do then they've already quit playing due to the inconveniences. :(

sure that works but it doesn't avoid the disruption, and could take many several minutes before the kick action is taken.

12. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I really just don't understand why a real looting system isn't implemented that allows a variety of play, like many other games. It's like core logics are being ignored but oh well.

13. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I just realized that this obviously excludes a certain play style. The style that wants to not loot but at the same time allow everyone else their fair share conveniently. It has to be convenient so that other people don't feel sour to the person that doesn't want to loot. It's a trap

14. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

Yeah I'm going to spam because I can not comprehend at all. This game is SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT INCLUSIVITY. This is the opposite. Everyone is supposed to be able to mingle with everyone. This is the opposite.

Inclusivity is supposed to be one of the CORE principles. QQ

15. scroda

scroda Empyrean Enforcer

I'm just going to create a workaround for the bug with autohotkey if I get bored. However, I'm still down for retaining as many players as possible.

@Ravalox :
    Perhaps if you explain to me what problem this change was supposed to resolve then we can come up with a solution that doesn't hinder game play. imo there are infinite solutions to any problem, often times many are acceptable and cover all requirements.

16. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

So it seems like if the reset was removed, and after the initial 20 second timer it was available for anyone to loot (like in any other mode), this would be fine. What is the point of keeping unlooted items locked to a player who obviously isn't looting them?

17. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

My guess is to cause that weird lag when you loot many corpses at once :p

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.