Complete Collection of Art

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarek Aumarr, Jul 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarek Aumarr

Jarek Aumarr Avatar

Hello all!

Is there a town or enterprising avatar out there who collected every work of art in Novia? I'd love to see something like this.

If not already in-game, does anyone have a list of what art has been made available via drops and the crown store? How much are we talking about here? 100s of pictures or 1000s?

Discuss!

Gia2 and Datendrache like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

There are some pieces no longer available that used to be on the old crown vendors that never made it onto the current store format (there were some nice Ardoris pictures for example that used to be available in the art gallery there for a crown each)

4. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I'm not sure if Festival is the end-all-beat-all of in-game stuff, but it might be what you are looking for. The main "stuff" museums are the Festival Museum (Duke Founder's Keep) (this is both in the top level and the 3 level city basement, 100% decorated), the Zeitgeist Library (collection of player created books ordered by year), and the Conservatory (Player Made Music). Even more stuff can be located in the Tower at the Player Owned Town of Crematorium. There's simply so many items in the game that a keep lot, town lot, and two village lots are not enough for it all. More are scattered in row lots in other places, such as Ordinis Mortis and Novia Market.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/come-visit-festival.158826/

As a side note, Festival is above gound now, located right at the entrance of Mistrendur by the Cross-Continent Galleon.

I would like to do a Shout Out to the Museum in New Britannia Market (NBM) by @Lord Andernut that contains items that are even older and harder to acquire, many that have been forgotten about over time. It takes a really keen eye to spot some of the items in that museum as being ancient.

There are thousands upon thousands of items that can be placed as decoration in the game, the definition of "art" as your post states could imply paintings and statues, but could be nearly everything that can be placed as decoration. It is all art! And some, like books and music sheets, are their own form of art even if there isn't any variation of graphics.

Before coming to Shroud of the Avatar I was an avid player of Elder Scrolls Online. For about 2 years my friends and I dominated many aspects of the game, but there was no way to leave a mark, or a legacy, or anything that said "We were here!" in that world. No banners to display, no books to write, no tales to told, not even a name in a book on a shelf in a library. All that time, and I suddenly ceased to exist or ever to exist in the game.

In SotA, its different. I can write a book, compose a song, draft a letter, hang up a bulletin, build a town, or do any number of other things that persist. Sure, if I vanish for a really long time my contributions would eventually return to the bank, but they can be placed back again. Other players can display my creations, long after I stop playing. They can cherish the memories with something that remains. Not so with many other games that fear what players can write.

My favorite collection will always be the Zeitgeist Library, not because its the most valuable in terms of COTO/$ spent, but because of its true meaning-- history, legacy, persistence. This gives this game meaning beyond a bunch of pixels and a combat system. It is a story that keeps growing, year after year. The Tale of Us, true history and not a fictional one.

Good luck in your pursuits!

Engineer

Lord Andernut, Xee and majoria70 like this.
  5. Jarek Aumarr

Jarek Aumarr Avatar

Sweet thank you for pointing this out!

Datendrache likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.