1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

I will no longer make any purchases until practice dummies are fixed

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Bridge Troll, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

+1; assuming I'm able to watch a stream again I will make this my ?question from now on until fixed. Join the dummy ?QUESTion!

Honestly though, it's got to be something they are unable to do or else it would have been done already right?

2. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

In my mind, if the same problem prevented the Conversationalist NPC from working (or a very similar one), and they could patch that up to "work", then this should be a very short order fix, relatively speaking.

I can see having it intended INITIALLY to be usable only by the owner, but this isn't the first time this had been asked for or talked about. One would think they would have noted this and made such a relatively easy fix by now, especially since it was so easily implemented on a very similar object.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

Well, thanks for the support.

I have been asking about this for months in the Friday stream. One time they actually saw the question and said, "I don't remember why, but we should look into it"... then nothing for months. I am a big proponent of customer service - likely enough said about that.

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Unfortunately, now you have your answer. They haven't said anything for months because, in their minds at least, it is WAI. o_O

5. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

well perfect time to test out the “everyone agree to ask the same question (#spam) in stream to see if they actually do something about an easy fix.

Edit: maybe in the past they considered it too “easy” for people to train on someone else’s dummy but these days that would be a non issue.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    craftymethod and CICI like this.
  6. Jakkal

Jakkal Bug Hunter

+1 I don't see this as a super necessary thing compared to other stuff like maps, and quest journal issues that I hear from both new and returning players multiple times a week, but this should be an easy fix since the npc versions of practice dummies and archery practice targets work correctly, theirs no reason the player versions shouldn't. Sounds like they just need to be flagged to load regardless if the player is active or not. That applies to all the player owned items that can be interacted with.

So Bridge Troll, I'll support your effort and not spend any further money on the game until this is fixed. Working as intended is not an excuse for a bad design decision.

Xrossfire

Scooby Doo and kaeshiva like this.
  7. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

have to agree, if something like this can struggle to make reality what does that say about a needed programming spring to get any important needed things to get this game up to par. Features > Bling and endless vanity birthday cakes.

LB should champion a new implemented feature into the base game each year for his birthday, One birthday cake was cool but several makes you wonder where their priorities are.

Keeps the item designers busy I guess but doesn't show a lot of creativity.

8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

If every remaining player wants a feature adjusted, does that finally have a chance of giving this thing some legs? If we all want it, will it finally become important?

I have never seen such a trivial thing become the hill that a game's developers die defending.

9. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Folks... I am temporarily locking this thread until it can be addressed by the team.

Cleaning up various non-contributive posts to the subject of Practice Dummies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.