Taming locations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boradic Boneslasher, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Where do you find a snowy barbarian encounter?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

... still confused.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Step 1: Find a Barbarian on the Overland Map that is standing on what looks like a Forest Terrain, run up to them and engage them:
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Even though the Barbarian was in a Forest, suddenly a Mountain scene will load:
    [​IMG]

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Huh, okay. I'd never gotten anything other than a plains barbarian scene before. Which is weird, because I recently discovered wyvern chops were actually worth it, so I've been farming barbarian encounters all over the map. That's why I was confused, I figured if there were a spot where they triggered a different scene, I'd have found it by now on accident, at least.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Most of the overland encounter system isn’t working correctly, at least from a logical point. You would think that engaging barbarians that are actually near mountain like areas would logically load a mountain encounter scene right?.... but nope. If you do that, a plains encounter scene loads.....

I actually spent 2 weeks doing nothing but observing the behavior of the overland encounter system, and finally saw it basically isn’t working correctly. Like did you know there’s only one Hill in the entire game? Heh.....

7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah Naughty Brats near Yew is snowy encounter and around that area. So its pretty much hit or miss

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I think there's two. Its been a while, so I may be misremembering, but I want to say when I was farming stag encounters, I ended up in the hill scene in the area near Artifice.

9. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

A friend researched this for our group and found an interesting tidbit. There are only a few barbarian encounters that can appear in the snowy mountains. The ones I remember using are in the pass between yew and vertas. Just near the river gorge there is a barbarian encounter that spawns on a small plain area. If you engage that overworld barbarian and then step over into the snowy terrain of the mountain before the instance appears, you might get the snowy mountain encounter. Good luck! It takes a few tries to get the hang of it.

Time Lord and Net like this.
  10. fogcutter

fogcutter Avatar

Not fer nuttin' but....

You can find Young Black Dragons in the Southern Grunvald Barrens if you're patient and you kill a bunch of red and black dragons and wait for the respawn. Eventually a young black will show up.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.