1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add a way for us to have more then 3 npc lots per a game account

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by CICI, Jul 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CICI

CICI Avatar

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Agreed. The low quantity of NPC buildings allowed in the size PoT I could actually afford was a big reason I didn't make the jump the few times one came up for sale in the old trading forum.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. CICI

CICI Avatar

This is not player owned towns this is for players that have npc town lots like in owls head ect but can only have 3 lots per game account.. sure we can just make a new f2p account to add 3 more lol but this will make the game some cash =D

Time Lord and StarLord like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Time Lord and Ravenscar like this.
  5. CICI

CICI Avatar

why $50 when you can make a free game account and claim 3 npc town lots =D
    this is for npc towns =D

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You said $5 so I went to $50.

Why stop at three free accounts when you can have 25 and own a Npc town yourself.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

*walks through Brittany Alleys*

8. Old Man2

Old Man2 Avatar

9. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

10. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

how about removing that arbitrary limit for free!

11. Hemnu Lightbringer

Hemnu Lightbringer Avatar

Honestly I don't even understand why they would have a limit on this when its a no brainer to get around *create new email (as there's plenty of place to do this for free) then create your new free SOTA account and presto 3 more lots in NPC towns.....rinse and repeat until you have the number of lots in NPC towns that you desire* I agree it should just be unlocked

12. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

and when new players meet the town criers and see 3+ lots owned by others theyll be discouraged, i think switching the 3 lots to 1 city, 1 town, 1 village(ie, 1 ardoris/brittany/aerie/etc, 1 jaanaford/soltown/etc, 1 .... theres a mostly empty village type west of ardoris), while pots should be unlimited(only limited by how many tax free deeds you can buy, and if the owner of the pot likes you:p).
    question though, is selling a lot allowed(sign board flyer), just saw it tonight, in a NOT(npc owned town) or is that considered a form of ransom

13. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

There might be some justification for limiting plot ownership if there were a shortage of plots available, but sadly that has never been a problem for SotA and it seems unlikely it will become one in the future.

I can't quite see how a number of plots being owned by one player would 'discourage' someone who wants a plot of their own, it someone thinks they want a home in the game they are more likely to look at what plots are available than go 'oh, someone else has four' - people don't get put off buying a home in real life because other people own one or more already :) If they want a SotA home (or three), there are hundreds (thousands?) of places sitting there waiting to be taken up. To use the (somewhat tired, now) old example of UO, what happened was that people found housing places further and further 'out of town', others having more than one home didn't seem to affect people - if they wanted a house they found somewhere to have one.

Unfortunately I suspect the finances of the game as they are now mean that anything that can be used to monetise things will be taken up, so if they ever offer to increase the limit, I think it will be 'cash gated' to try bring in more money. I can live with that as a business choice, if the price is low enough to keep people interested - but given that I struggle to find enthusiasm to play any more, I doubt what I think of things matters much. If someone wants make towns look 'busier' by having more player houses in them, I can't see any good reason to hold them back.

14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

They need to add a rule where if you don't put any effort into the lot you get booted out. Pretty tired of the same 5 to 10 people hoarding lots with no intention of using them outside of trying to sell them off for ludicrously high prices.

Mylady ‘Gin Gin Darlin and Net like this.
  15. CICI

CICI Avatar

same with pot's =D many ghost towns =D real estate is part of the game I flip many lots =D for 10k cotos or less though (NPC Towns)

16. Net

Net Avatar

Honestly I thought the limit was temporary so people would not hoard towns during the initial landrush.

I think that people owning NPC town lots should be actively using them though. The more lots you own, the more often you should visit them so they will not expire.

17. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I dunno,

I think one of the biggest problems new players face is going into NPC towns and seeing nothing but empty or abandoned lots or - worse - hoarders holding lots and putting up signs asking for real world money for the space.

I think the rules for holding property in NPC towns needs to be stricter, not allow the problem that makes the game seem abandoned to get worse. If people don't actively place or interact with decorations on their lot every month, I think it should get wrapped up and put in their bank. Too many of the best lots in game are just sitting dead with founders or tax free deeds and that is what turned NPC towns into ghost towns.

18. CICI

CICI Avatar

same with player owned towns many ghost ones =D some ppl have 3-10 pot's

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  19. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I can imagine resolving dead POT will be a harder problem to solve considering the money involved, but yes it would be nice if the same was true for POTs that if there is no activity by the governor or steward(s) for like 3 months the town gets wrapped up and placed in the owner's account until they come back.

I would much rather active player properties in general and a means of discouraging people from sitting on a lot or POT in a good location just to hold it for the right resell price.

20. CICI

CICI Avatar

3 mo's is a bit unfair maybe 1-2 yers for towns =D NPC lots... Founders/Backers paid A lot for a Tax free to reset up to 13 Mo's long as they login in within that time so cant just kick them out... and or pay the lot tax for taxed deed =D

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.