Proposition for the devs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShurTugal, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

If I could be so bold as to offer an idea. We have masks in game such as "elf mask" or "dragon mask" These things are ment to change the look of your character for example if your trying to role play an elf, you may use the elf mask to be an elf in game and role play as such except for one tiny little detail, you can only attach a elf mask to a leather head piece so if your a mage and want to role play an elf mage, your stuck with either losing int stats in order to craft a leather head piece so you can pattern the elf mask to it or not look like an elf.

The same applies with the other "masks" if you want to role play a warebear or waredragon or what ever, krampus maybe, your stuck attaching those patterns to the corresponding armor type, So.....

What if for "masks only" those could be patterns that could be attach to any type of head piece be it plate, chain, leather, or cloth?????? What say you @Chris and @Elgarion ??? will you help a shroud role player out??? thanks guys and I appreciate all your hard work :) also for those of use who use artifacts, how about being able to attach patterns to them?? if i have to choose though, the first idea please :)

2. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Why not just add other playable races to the game?

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Avatars are only human though. You could however alter your appearance via some hideous Obsidian magic alteration from human to......

4. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

That would be nice but they are resistant to having to do things where they need to build a whole new system. By simply making "mask" patterns usable on ALL armor head pieces, its a short term solution that they may be more open to doing.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Are avatars only human? I don't play a video game to just be human. I get enough of that in the real world. :)

6. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

I appreciate @Lazarus Long talking about my post on NBNNNews. It was great making the show. :) to clarify a few things.

When talking about helmets, I find it is a moot point talking about whether you can or can't see the type of helmet that is being worn because you can hide your head slot. whether you agree that you should or shouldn't be allowed to hide the head piece, I don't believe this will change so moving past that,

What we are talking about here is being able to role play a different visual race of character (characters head) via using the Masks and Masks ONLY, not any of the actual head piece armor types (which we can still hide and not see) or any of the other armor pieces.

As @Bridge Troll said in chat "the prob is for RP - when the helmet is off we dunwanna be hooman". moving on,

Laz mentioned how he didn't think you lose a stat if you have to create a leather helm to apply the leather mask pattern to in order to wear it. You do, As a mage where your stat of interest is int or Intelligence, Leather masterworks give dex not int and so the only int you can get on a leather helm comes from the enchants. You can only get so much int on a leather helm and so you automatically take an Int hit if you choose to wear a leather type helm. Same applies for the other "Mask" that fall under different armor catagories.

Moving on, laz mentioned that "its a loss of revenue for the devs to make a universal mask" (that may not be an exact quote, I'm working off memory :) ) That's not accurate either. It potentially could INCREASE revenue @Chris and here's how.

Say your a lowly Heavy armor, sword wielding player and you get it into your head that you want to RP an elf fighter that wears heavy armor, guess what? your SOL cause the only elf mask can only attach to a leather head piece and so you have to choose, stick with your plate helm with the stats you want or reduce your stats by switching to a leather helm to get the look (once again, character head look, NOT armor look). The same applies for ALL the mask and potential RP ideas.

I don't anticipate people buying FEWER masks just cause the patterns are universal, if anything MORE people may buy them cause they are not being forced to make the choice, stats or look.

Final note, We are ONLY talking about Masks and using them to pretend we are elfs or dragons, or what ever, NOT change light armor to look like heavy armor.

That's my case. I appreciate any consideration that is given to it and if it doesn't happen, no sweat. Its your game and your the devs after all, Not me :) :) take care.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This is low hanging fruit they should certainly go for. It isn't the first time it has been mentioned but I haven't heard it in a year or two. I hope they listen.

8. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    I think this is a good idea. I would like to suggest orcs and automatons.

9. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

@VAX-11/780 ahh. the 11/780. First sysadmin job. good times with VMS.

Fenris

VAX-11/780 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.