Thinking of returning when Episode 2 is released.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anendrue, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anendrue

Anendrue Avatar

I have been gone for close to 2 and a half years. I do login to refresh my lots but that is all.

I want to come back but would like to know if the quest system has been fixed. I did complete the main storyline and later the tutorials when they were released.

Are there new quests or is it still just grinding?
    I realize Episode 2 will have quests but what about new quest content in Episode 1?

Thank you in advance for the input.

Elgarion and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yes and no. Yes, in the sense that you are able to complete and finish it. No, if you are referring to it being updated and overhauled.

Yes and Yes! There are two new quests (maybe more now) but they are very much the same as previous ones. For good or bad. These quests are new for episode 1.

Hope that helps a little, like yourself I log in infrequently nowadays and I don't watch the Twitch streams, so my intel could be a little outdated. I defer to the experts @Anpu and @Alley Oop :D

Anpu likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The quests in the game now work much better now than when the game was released. Previously, journal entries would be stuck in your journal and the blue quest markers (those are not quests) would also stay stuck in your compass.

Sannio has spent significant amounts of time fixing these. I just recently used my one time quest reset and have finished all 3 outskirts areas and the Chapter 1 main quest. I was able to complete all of the quests associated with them with no issues. My character Anpu has currently no stuck journal entries or stuck blue markers. I’m now slowly going through all the side quests in the game, and still, so far no problems.

The quests in Ardoris are a mess (I won’t discuss that) but you can finish the quests in there.

Do note, parts of the Episode 2 content are getting put into the game at various states. it’s going to be quite a while before Episode 2 content is released as a finished chapter. So you are going to be waiting for quite a while if you are waiting for it to be fully released.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I recommend using your one time quest reset and redoing the quests.

From what I've seen, it's the simplest way to clear out any old/broken/hanging quests completion bits and gives you an opportunity to see the changes to the quests you otherwise would not see.

Apollo31 and Anpu like this.
  5. oplek

oplek Avatar

I don't know that we'll definitively know that. They don't really tend to say "okay, X is now fully released!".. except for the once.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, at some point, they'd have to stop saying the work they're doing is "on episode 2 content" and is now "episode 3 content." Presumably it will be tied to story, like with episode 1. It was hardly finished at release, but you could technically finish the main story.

Better to wait until they move on to episode 4; by that point, at least half of episode 2 might be finished.

7. necronut

necronut Avatar

I'm gonna get such a ball-breakin' for this... but if the second stimulus check happens, and if it happens before my brother's birthday on 9/9, I'm getting Episode 2 and coming back.

If that happens, I can't wait to see some bright, shining faces, as well as getting some milquetoast passive aggressive insults thrown my way. It'll be great!

Titania Xylia and Girlsname like this.
  8. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

@necronut can't tell if you're serious or I need to get you some help... this is a cry for help, right? You are loved, bro.

9. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Game sounds fixed, omw!

GJ Team!

:)

necronut and Titania Xylia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.