Love the signpost teleporters

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nick, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thank you for making those sign post teleporters!

Now I can make travelling within my town a lot more easier now. Except its still a little costly to me. Will have to wait for the product to go on sale to buy more. :( I think they should at least sell in a batch of 5 at a lower price, say 2500 crowns.

*edit* I should have included this earlier*
    I bought one to experiment. Before you place the signpost teleporter, you can rename it. After that, the name will appear in the list of available destination when you use any signpost teleporters within the player owned town.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    FrostII, Wilfred and CICI like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you talking about the green signs. If so we've had those for many moons.

3. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

There are new POT teleporters:

Avatar’s Update #392: Play Release 80 Now! New Player-Owned Town Teleporters! New Building Blocks Preview! Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=124711

New Player-Owned Town Teleporters!

As of Release 80, governors and stewards are now able to acquire and place Player-Owned Town (POT) interconnection teleporters as well as Player-Owned Town teleportation signposts! The interconnection teleporters allow for teleportation to another Player-Owned Town. Teleportation signposts allow for teleportation within the same Player-Owned Town.

The new interconnection teleporters can be placed anywhere in a town which permits land decoration, but the boat can only be placed on water. The governor or steward can then right-click the teleporter and select “Change Destination” which reveals a filterable list of all the available Player-Owned Towns present in the game. The teleporter can be directed to any Player-Owned Town regardless of proximity.

Once the destination is selected, the steward or governor then selects “Teleport” to assign the new destination to the teleporter. The teleporter is then ready for use, and any player utilizing the teleporter will zone to the designated location. The interconnection teleporter can be relocated and the destination reassigned as many times as the governor or stewards desire.

The new signpost teleporters can also be placed anywhere in a town which permits land decoration. Once placed, players can then activate the signpost to be presented with a list of teleport options within the town.

Locations selectable are typical to the static signposts already present in POTs, such as: Central, Town Boundary 1-4, Docks (if applicable) and the Town Crier. Selecting any of these locations does not cause the player to experience a load screen, the player will simply teleport straight to the new location instantly. The signpost teleporters can be relocated as often as the governor or stewards desire.

Also, these new teleporters will greatly reduce the number of manual adjustments developers are required to perform from service vouchers. The less time spent adjusting towns manually means developers will have more time to spend working on game improvements.

With the introduction of these teleporters, vouchers can no longer be utilized for new developer created POT interconnections, but players can still request interconnections to NPC towns using service vouchers until the NPC town teleporters become available. Novia and Hidden Vale POTs must be within close proximity to NPC towns to request an interconnection. Mistrendur towns are still waived from the NPC town proximity requirement since Episode 2 content on Mistrendur is still very much in design. All existing developer created POT interconnections are still valid and will not be affected by the addition of these new teleporter types.

These new teleporters have been carefully designed to offer some wonderful customization options. In addition to the aforementioned flexible placement option, all of the teleporters can also be dyed with primary and secondary colors. The teleporters also feature decoration surfaces! In the future, be on the lookout for Heraldry POT Teleporters and NPC Town Teleporters!

FrostII likes this.
  4. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

These Teleporters are really cool. But i am sorry to say at 1000 Cotos + Heritage i am not going to buy any of these. For 500 Cotos + Heritage or 1000 Cotos Non-heritage i would have bought multiple teleporters. And a lot of my guildmates feel the same. We had already planned where the teleporters would be placed and i can say that Catnip lost around 10+ sales from my guild alone.

Bedawyn likes this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Botocks
    I agree that the new Signpost and POT teleporters are over priced with the addition of the Heritage addition to them. But they are cheaper than the current COTO Store teleporters that are 4500 COTO + heritage for a non-changeable, single destination BIG teleporter. Having it heritage requires me to have some POT only deco items in one place and other items like teleporters and houses in the bank which can not be accessed by my steward.

6. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

Did not buy any of those either. As an example: for 2000 Cotos, Non-heritage i would have bought all of the Big Deco Teleporters. I am absolutely not against spending in the store. In fact i spent a lot of cash/cotos on "useless" junk just to support the project. With the introduction of heritage (and many overpriced items) my spending has declined drastically.

There are 6? of the big deco teleporters. For 2k Cotos i would have spent 12k Cotos without hesitation. Almost 3 times the cost of one with the actual pricing. I have bought none beause of the price. So its a net loss of 12k Cotos just from me alone in this specific category of store items.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I bought 2 of em, one for each of my houses...
    I'm a happy camper.... they save me time comin/goin....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.