1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Unity Crash on load screen

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by RevK, Jul 28, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevK

RevK Avatar

**Resolved below in thread**
    I was able to log in on Friday 7/24/20. Tried to log in on Monday 7/27/20 and getting a Unity crash error on every start. Loaded game on laptop and had no issue. Moved character to a new zone to make sure it was not the scene I was in currently (Kingsport ) and moved to over-world (Hidden Vale). Logged back in on main machine and same unity crash.
    I then tried updating my graphic driver and same unity crash still.

**Edit in more information in hopes it helps**
    I looked at a list of Unity games and found Beat Saber is Unity also. Loaded that up and played just fine.
    Could that narrow it down to an issue with the version of unity SotA is using?

Appreciate any suggestions, feels like it started with last update.

Unity Error 2018.4.24f1_3071911a89e9

Windows 10 HOME
    Intel CORE i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz
    RAM 16 GB
    GPU GeForce GTX 1080
    Driver version now 451.67
    Driver version before updating and when issue started 397.31

I also have an older system Still windows 10 with Intel I7 with less ram (12 gigs) but a much older GeForce GTX 275 with the same unity crash also. It has not loaded without that crash in ages but always assumed it was due to the old card? It is on driver version 342.01 and has not had a new driver in ages. Should I submit a different report for that machine or can you tell me if that card is just not supported anymore?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    RevK likes this.
  3. RevK

RevK Avatar

Thank you for the reply, that at least answers why the older system does not work.
    Even more baffling why the newer system is crashing.
    The laptop is a GeForce GTX 1070 and no problems either. This is very frustrating.
    Does not really seem like it is a driver now either. Not sure what else to try.

Anpu likes this.
  4. RevK

RevK Avatar

Steam updated again but not sure why that would be causing this. has a Dev seen this at all yet? I have no clue what else to try here.
    Still getting the unity crash every time I log in.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you're running through steam? have you tried steam's verify files option?

Anpu and RevK like this.
  6. RevK

RevK Avatar

I had not. Ran it and fixed 6 files, problem solved!
    Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I'm experiencing similar issues on Linux except freeze at black screen.

I will try the same thing.

If this works I'll report back, as you should put up notice on the patch notes, as the update might be corrupting files of some users.

8. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

It did have two files changed, but repairing them didn't fix it. I'm doing a full clean reinstall.

I'll file a separate bug report if that doesn't fix it.

Here is the tail end of the game player.log file. I can't tell for sure but it might be an issue with ZFGameBrowser. Was there an update to that?
    Code:
    GameManagerSceneObject.Awake. 07/31/2020 22:42:31
    SystemInfo, graphicsDeviceName=Radeon RX 5500 XT (NAVI14, DRM 3.35.0, 5.4.0-42-generic, LLVM 10.0.0), graphicsMemorySize=7967, graphicsDeviceType=OpenGLCore, operatingSystem=Linux 5.4 Ubuntu 20.04 64bit, processorCount=8, processorType=AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor, systemMemorySize=16007
    SotA.Linux.64.1258.Date.07.29.20, LocalTime=07/31/2020 22:42:31, Patch=teleportation-station
    LanguageManager, Language=English, Culture=en-US, SystemCulture=en-US, Partner=None
    PreviousApplicationExit status=clean systemMemorySize=16007
    Setting executable permissions for /home/robert/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/SotA/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Plugins/ZFGameBrowser

9. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@AoiBlue Please don't post on a resolved thread. If your issue was not solved in the same manner, then it should be on a new thread. Thanks.

AoiBlue and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.