1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed #67364] unable to move or transfer from inventory to bags.

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Feldon Grimshaw, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

07/31/2020 07:02
    Title: not the vendor bug; interface becomes unresponsive

Reproduction Rate: most of the time but not 100%

Blocker? i would say yes - inventory management is critical to gameplay

Details: / steps to reproduce:

this may be similar to the "can't select multiple items for vfendor", but it's different.

if i open my inventory, and drag over a single item to a bag, everything is fine.

if, however, i open my inventory, select multiple items, and attempt to drag them over, it doesn't work

in addition, AFTER i've done this, many other things also stop working. i can no longer use my two mouse buttons to move forward (i instead have to use the wasd keys). i can also no longer drag single items from my inventory to a bag.

i can also no longer type in the chat windows

the only way to get back to "normal" is to close the game and reopen it. then everything is fine until i try to drag multiple items again.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12) System RAM: 16234
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-Q Design GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.1258.Date.07.29.20
    Area: PlayerDungeon_BrownMarbleFoyer_3Connections
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (16.3, 0.0, 38.8)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9Ccm93bk1hcmJsZUZveWVyXzNDb25uZWN0aW9uc3x8KDE2LjMzMSwgMC4wNDIsIDM4LjgzMSl8KDAsIDAuNjcyLCAwLCAtMC43NCl8Mjc1LjYxODN8NDEuMzg3MTN8My40Njk3NDg=

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Chiasma likes this.
  2. Mod Nightshade

Mod Nightshade Avatar

@Feldon Grimshaw - There is a patch pending to fix the Vendor Issue which is believed will also fix this issue. Once the next patch hits, please check and reply back here with @Mod Nightshade to catch my attention. If the problem persists, we'll dig deeper into it.

Anpu and Feldon Grimshaw like this.
  3. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

This has happened to me. Started with me trying to buy a jar of minnows. Now I cant even get my potions to transfer to my hot bar or transfer reagents from my general inventory to my backpack

4. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

@Mod Nightshade i just grabbed the latest patch and tested things out. Although it did seem to fix vendor stuff, i am still breaking when doing bag sorting. I have created a short video (2.5 minutes) showing the issue.

I have been able to cause it to happen 3 times this morning while trying to sort my stuff into bags. Each time i have to restart the game in order to be able to do anything.

Here's the video link:

Elrond likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

I just had an instance of this happen with the new patch transferring five stacks of non trophy salt water fish though can't seem to replicate after relogging.

6. Atticus Gryphonheart

@Mod Nightshade While I can now sell stack groups, I still cannot transfer between my inventory and backpack. After attempting to transfer, I cannot transfer a potion to my quick bar either (was able to before).

However, when I log to menu, and then log back in, I get the ability back where I can transfer a potion to my quick bar.

Everything look like function again.

I can transfer single items one at a time to my backpack now and multiple items...let me sell something and then try again...ccnt repeat...maybe it also has to do with numbers...let me do a typical run before I go sell to see if I can repeat..usually sell tons of rusty swords and buy arrows...not perfectly coping what I did.

7. Atticus Gryphonheart

After getting encumbered from killing elfs, tried to transfer all the reagents at once from inventory to backpack and it failed...cannot change potions...however regained ability after logging out. Only way I can repeat.

Apparently if I try to transfer to many items, it breaks. I can at least buy items and it works, but I cant interact...went to the oracle to get my daily test and it would not let me type.

So something is breaking.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When not encumbered does this still happen?

9. Atticus Gryphonheart

Not sure...I think its a number game though. I eventually get one of each reagent, and when I go to sell, after selling, I usually transfer those items a few potions all at once from my inventory to my backpack.

My routine...go to zone...hunt till encumbered...go to nearest town...sell anything without a +1 in it and replenish arrows if needed, transfer reagents and pots to backpack, either recall home or goto zone and repeat.

I can always try before i get encumbered. Will try later tonight after I finish working.

10. Mod Nightshade

Mod Nightshade Avatar

The team is aware that it was a partial fix - so we should have another patch incoming soon. Thank you for the replies and please keep me updated on any changes (good or bad).

Anpu likes this.
  11. Atticus Gryphonheart

Couldnt trigger it to happen this time...but I didnt do everything I normally do (i.e. get so encumbered I start losing focus) before I tried to sell.

I just reached the point of encumberance, drank a potion of might, and then sold....didnt have the numbers of items I normally would have had (sometime well over a 100 items)

Cant play tonight and try and get completely encumbered.

Oh...a new patch now...maybe it will be fixed now. :)

12. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

@Mod Nightshade i just did a big old sorting session, and everything worked great. no issues after the latest patch.

Anpu and Mod Nightshade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.