Sure would be nice if shadow creatures dropped decent loot...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I mean, yeah, the shadow essences are cool and all, but they don't drop often. It might lessen the pain of not getting an essence after a five minute fight if they dropped something a bit better than a tiny bit of gold and a few corpse wax...

2. Luno

Luno Avatar

I started a thread on july 5 on the same topic, it looks like they don't inderstand what keeps people playing a game
    Most of my sota friends have already gone somewhere else, i cant blame them, and i cant tell them to come back to try a single new mob that gives nothing
    What happened to scalable zones btw?

Luno

Mal Hari likes this.
  3. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Players who don't craft want to be rewarded for PvE and those players have moved on. I'm not sure I will bother going to Spindle as I don't really have any interest in the essences. Put some other stuff on the loot tables and make it more attractive.

Mal Hari and Luno like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, when the scaling scenes first went in, we were told scaling loot was coming. So I was fine with it kind of sucking, since the scene was under development. But its been a month now, and two or three since the first scaling scene; let's see some movement on this.

That being said, if this is their base loot, and it scales from here... I mean, they want us to play their game, right?

FrostII, Mal Hari and Luno like this.
  5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

There are indicators the scene will eventually be part of a larger story. Honestly, the devs should reintroduce the "under construction" signs.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently it is unknown when or if that will ever be added.....

Mal Hari likes this.
  7. Luno

Luno Avatar

I went to Spindelskog to do some essence hunting solo for half an hour, 10 Vigorem Cavas killed (plus a dozen of "regular" spiders), not a single essence dropped, nice job with the drop chance, oh wait maybe they'll fix it in a "future" patch ...
    That's too bad because i had fun staying alive with almost zero hp in some fights

FrostII and Mal Hari like this.
  8. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

Over an hour, 2 essence. Is this getting changed? I’m not sure I’ll ever understand this game’s aversion to giving its players loot. Here’s some cool new recipes from a zone that gives you trash loot, now grind it for 4 hours to make one potion.

9. Luno

Luno Avatar

Didn't the same thing happen with rare fish food?

FrostII and Mal Hari like this.
  10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Supposedly Chris has something in the works for foods, maybe next release. I didn't get the impression he felt like making rare fish foods more easily obtainable. He was cagey on the details, but said something to the effect of making the rare fish foods more desirable. But he didn't say "more obtainable."

As for the details he did give, it was basically revamping how foods stack. Essentially you'd get six "points" (for lack of a better term) worth of food. The higher level foods (he only gave dragon stew as an example) would be worth 3 points. The weaker foods might be only one point. So you'd be able to choose between using more of the weaker foods, or fewer stronger ones. He also mentioned doing some "balancing" to make sure that a 3-point food was still better than three 1-point foods. I don't think that's a good idea, because if that means the 3-point foods are still better, you'd still want to use those over anything else, and weak foods would still be useless. Unless maybe you knew you were going to spend a few hours farming in a lower tier area where you didn't need foods so much. But still, I'm not going to make or buy fifteen different types of food if I can get better results just using two. I also felt like 6 points wasn't granular enough as compared to the variety of foods available. If a 30 minute +1 dex food is a "1-point" food and Dragon Stew is a "3-point" food, where does that put obsidian foods? Are they the same as dragon stew, which would be dumb? Or are they now "2-point" foods, and I can use three of them?

To be fair, he didn't get too far into details, so who knows what will actually happen.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Mal Hari likes this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sound like at least the essences are getting a bump. Appreciative of Elrond for getting his attention, but kinda annoyed that numerous feedback posts here were ignored, until one of the dev's pals said something.

FrostII, Mal Hari, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Mal Hari likes this.
  13. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not true! My but (heh) does not change the first part, as the second part is directed toward another party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.