Show your stats and win your stacks raffle for August 2020!

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Titania Xylia, Aug 2, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

We are creating a raffle around your play time in-game! For each hour your character appears in the stats, whether it is one kill, death or receipt in-game. You will receive a raffle ticket. Eventually, we will report on your raffle entries on your character's page, but we will not be able to finish this right away. If you want to find your character's page, search for your character's name using the search bar just under the banner of shroudoftheavatar.net.

To participate all you have to do is share your stats in the API. Prizes will be mailed in-game the first week of September with the announcement of the next raffle!

Sorry, we cannot correlate crafting to a specific character, if we could we would. If we can, we will.

Raffle prizes are chosen randomly. You can only win once in a raffle.

Random raffle prizes for the month of August 2020

• 2500 COTOs
    • 1000 COTOs
    • 500 COTOs
    • 250 COTOs
    • 100 COTOs
    • 500,000 IGG
    • 200,000 IGG
    • 100,000 IGG
    • 50,000 IGG
    • 20,000 IGG
    Special Prizes

• Around the world challenge - Player with a kill in the most zones - 1000 COTOs
      • Reaper Challenge - Player with the most Reaper kills! - Catnip Games prize - Taxed Row Lot Deed (No Trade)
      • Leather Birbs Must Die. - Score a dragon kill and you are entered to win the Crossroads Prize - Commission Free Vendor (Goal TBD)
      • What time is it? - The player with the most Shock Monkey kills wins the Crossroads Prize - Non-Combat Clockwork Pet Reward (Goal TBD)
      • Very Faun(d) of You! - Crossroads Prize player with the most Faun kills - Prosperity Tool Reward (Goal TBD)
      • Live long and prosper - Kill the most elves and win the Crossroads Prize - Prosperity Tool Reward (Goal TBD)
      • The Brave and the Kobold - Kill the most Kobolds and win the Crossroads Prize - Warlock's Chain, Uncommon + 1 (Goal TBD)
    Winners!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks to Shawn, governor of the Crossroads family of PoTs, for the great prizes and increasing the depth of the contest! Visit his town to buy goods, setup vendors and find a great place to live!

Original post on shroudoftheavatar.net

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Awesome, I'll get this in the upcoming update :) Thanks Titania :)

that_shawn_guy and Titania Xylia like this.
  3. CICI

CICI Avatar

4. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

This is very cool. I constantly check where I am at in ranking on certain creatures and scenes on shroudoftheavatar.net. It's so much fun to climb up the "leaderboards". This makes that even more fun :) Thank you for putting this together!

5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

@Titania Xylia might be good to note in your post how to change your settings to report stats. also, would be neat on shroudoftheavatar.net if there was a way to get a daily snapshot of a player's kills. the graph has the kill counts per day but to my knowledge there is no way to drill into that day to see what was slain by the player. having the player and monster kills page information filterable by day or a date range would be pretty nifty :)

just a side note. not sure if the "Goal TBD" were meant to be left in original post? seems like the goals are there.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Sonja likes this.
  6. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

@Tirrag I am going to be adding statuses to each player's page and creating a progress board for the raffle, as well. Just too many good ideas and not enough time.

Totally agree, I should include instructions for how to show your stats here and on the website, just being a slacker. I definitely need to keep promoting the event. I don't see the daily player totals increasing all that much at the moment.

Sonja likes this.
  7. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Do you have to join....I typed my name but it doesnt appear.

8. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

@Atticus Gryphonheart Yeah sorry. I will post instructions soon. If you right-click on your character's name in the top left of the screen, there will be an option that says "hide your stats from the api" or something to that effect. Click it and it will say "show your stats...". The phrasing is odd.

Sonja and Anpu like this.
  9. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

@Elgarion : you or Chris said on a stream (dont remember which one), you are now able to give out special titles for player events...well, seems like this is the perfect occasion to start ;):rolleyes:

Sonja, Hodor and Tirrag like this.
  10. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

@Elgarion @Brighton Rock ugh... I love this idea! Little prestige never hurt and awarding titles would be a really cool item.

Sonja, Hodor, Tirrag and 1 other person like this.
  11. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Cool concept, great prizes. :) I'm about 99 percent certain I will do it but that 1 percent needs to know something before I release my personal data into the world. What's the purpose of this? What are you trying to achieve by receiving all this player data??? Thanks in advance for your answer :) :)

Sonja, Katu and Jay Nord like this.
  12. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

@ShurTugal

The goals:
    • Increase engagement in-game
    • Show activity in-game to the people that care to evaluate the game (people looking for a new game to play, game media, etc)
    • Get current players to try new things. We all have our comfort zones.
    • Expose more of the in-game content to the community
    What I would like to do or see happen:
    • Give any event organizer the tools to make their own challenges via shroudoftheavatar.net allowing them to set goals and track progress on those goals via their own dashboards both public and private
    • Improve reporting site-wide on sota.net to show more detail at the scene and player level. Again this is all optional and opt-in details via the in-game interface.
    • Create a "spring board" for players to find new opportunities in-game to try out by seeing what other people have shared.
    • SOTA API: Track fishing results, so we can do deeper fishing contests over longer periods of time
    • SOTA API: Track crafting results down to the player level for crafting contests
    • SOTA API: Track vendor listings in real-time, so we can more easily shop for items
    All of those API changes, would be accessible to anyone to write their own tools against and you could see new apps as a result. It would be cool to even see some in-game Lua apps, as well based on that data.

Showing your name in the stats is always a personal choice. I would say "share your info for the sake of the game". It's a special opportunity to be able to share what we do in any game. If you have to be secretive, that's your choice or if you think you're compromised in some way, I totally understand that and firmly agree that shouldn't share @ShurTugal

Sonja, Tirrag and Anpu like this.
  13. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It takes work to make these, so I'll be limiting this to dev events for now. Making a custom title for everyone's event will be a bit much to handle presently, sorry :(

Titania Xylia and Anpu like this.
  14. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

No worries @Elgarion that makes perfect sense.

15. Amanita

Amanita Avatar

Are there instructions (basic please) for doing this?

16. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Titania Xylia
    This is a great idea to get people involved and active. My one concern is what data are you making public? Will it just be playtime amount and number of kills or will it be more detailed? Knowing what a player can kill and how many in a set time might reveal PVP info that someone would want to keep to themselves. Please keep in mind that I am not a PVP player so not sure that this is even a worry, just thought I would mention it in the hopes of obfuscation.

Sonja likes this.
  17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Pet kill shots arent recorded as kills by the owner of said pet. 2coppers

Sonja likes this.
  18. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Well that is unfortunate. Would be interesting to see a separate kill count for my piggy though.

Sonja likes this.
  19. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I am almost done with the contest results page and updates to the individual player pages that will show progress in the past raffle and raffle for September. Work is slowing me down, but I hope by Wednesday I can have that update and publish the raffle/contest winners then!

Thanks all for participating and I wish everyone good luck in the prizening to come!

Sonja, Smegatron, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  20. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

very exciting! cant wait :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.