Trolling Airmages and Archers, extended to all...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jikininki, Aug 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

For years airmages and archers have been trolled with the one click, zero xp needed shield removal that is Torpid Torment.
    I'll explain; Are you an air spec and/or Air Shield user? Got a fancy Airsheild? Did you spend millions or billions in your air skills to improve your shield? IDGAF! I'm going to the trainer to spend 100 gold on Torpid Torment, I don't even need to spend any xp into at all. Level one Torpid coming atcha boys.... one cast, down goes your air shield... trollololol.
    But but but, your air shield is at level 160, and my level 1 torpid can strip it away in one click... too freaking bad. Saving throws are for other games. Well, at least the one click only removes your Air Shield right? NOPE, level one-one click removed your Air Shield and gave you the Torpid Torment debuff at the same time... and the devs laugh their asses off.

Well ok, it's just the one skill. The only level one skill in the game that removes a shield, but it's just that one. Let's keep ignoring it.

Let's move on. NEW POTIONS! That's right boys and girls, grind some Spindleskog! Grind for hours to get that Shadow Shield recipe to drop, and hours for the essence to make them. Check that out, you have a potion that gives you a focus transfer rate, that last ten minutes! Cool! Drink it. Hahaha, your potion gets removed by a level one Torpid Torment. The whole thing gone, poof. Still had 9 minutes left on it? Oh well! Level 1 Torpid Torment baby! The only skill that removes a shield and now a potion, trollolol.

amarious, Katu, OzzyOsbourne and 10 others like this.
  2. Bioxide

Bioxide Avatar

Good stuff sota is full of examples like this. The cause - devs don’t play and never have. (Kor) the one exception, what ever happened to Kor?

Gia2, Katu, Rada Torment and 2 others like this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Wasn't Kor the map guy who did build reviews back in the days? Yeah, I don't think he was too happy about the way his work position ended, because I watched him streaming another game once and when I talked about shroud he IMMEDIATLY said he wasn't going there (the conversation) and to keep that out of his chat, he did not seem too happy.

As for the Potion... Wow...

Even Torpid being the only counter to Air shield was a bit BS, charge up your air shield for 5-8 seconds to get it 6 stacked, then cast it, only for it to completly go with 1 single stack of Torpid, Balancing this would be to reduce Air Shield by the amount of TT stacks, THAT would be balanced...

But for it to completely destroy a potion that others have reported to take hours to get enough materials to craft 1 set of 3 potions, that is beyond stupid...

FrostII likes this.
  4. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Work as intended for sure, I understand that you probably want to enable god mode with up to 20k effective hp but it is a bad to the game. Air mages still very strong and pretty balanced.
    P.S. How it can be balanced a bit more than it is ? - increase magic fizzle rate for torpid torment, even now its not very easy to cast it in heavy armor and berserk. So it will be harder and will force more guys to choose - berserk or torpid torment.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Net likes this.
  5. Prada

Prada Avatar

Sounds like an exploit to me...

Is there a penalty for players using a known exploit against other players?

Since I am no longer a Death - Chaos build...I am on the other side of the fence now, ready to see justice arrive at the door of exploiters who are maliciously taking advantage of a known exploit for personal gain :)

My apologies for any offense taken, just had to say it...

6. oplek

oplek Avatar

What's more eyebrow-raising to me is that they don't want to. If they did, they'd make the time.

7. Restless

Restless Avatar

So you think the highest single point dps (and ranged mind you) and mages able to completely stun lock shouldn’t be glass cannons in pvp?

I’m so happy you’re not involved in pvp balancing.

8. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Yeah okay, lets make air mages, the fastest moving class in the game, the class that can stun lock you, the class that can do mass damage to crowds or just 1 single person INVINCIBLE. Good idea. Also while we are at it, might as well remove the entire death tree, cause guess what. If everyone is running around with a air shield that cant be stripped, death mage is now literally useless.

OzzyOsbourne, Prada and Net like this.
  9. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Good point, I agree.

Prada likes this.
  10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

To be fair though - if you spent all day working on (any) game the last thing you'd want to do to unwind would be to play that same game

Prada likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It really sucks to eat your own cooking.

Prada and Jikininki like this.
  12. Net

Net Avatar

The high level air mages are ridiculously OPed, especially because their shield that is way better than what you see in other trees. If you are worried about losing the shield or potion because of level 1 skill, just do not use them. And I am not even going to discuss archers who (like fire mages) have ridiculously large range and auto-aiming attacks you cannot really dodge no matter how fast you run.

I do not think the game is well balanced, but I do think it needs more of cheap counters, high level builds have way too many advantages as they are, no need to make them invincible to someone who plays smart.

OzzyOsbourne and Prada like this.
  13. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't really PvP, so this might be a dumb idea, but maybe it would make more sense to change how shield of air works in PvP instead of having a super easy counter. If PvP damage didn't trigger focus transfer, then the counter could be ditched and you could at least still have the attunement and PvE benefits. You could even add some alternative lightning shield or something to compensate for the fact that air shield just can't realistically work in PvP.

GMDavros likes this.
  14. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

The potion is a super weak air shield. Certainly not something that "oh no we need a serious counter for this!" The potion should not be removed by a one click torpid torment. Not unless he wants to seriously up the drop rate, by a ton.

kotodomo likes this.
  15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I personally think just adding the effects of torpid torment to the air shield would solve all the problems instead of having them replace each other. Sure, it would ruin death mages but they could just cast torpid and blow through the air shield in a few casts anyways since a good 5 stack torpid would be 1.5 focus ratio to their current air shield.

kotodomo and Lazlo like this.
  16. Restless

Restless Avatar

While we’re talking about air shield, why aren’t mobs aoe casting torpid torment on the most op shield @Chris ? This would partially fix how op archers are in pve. Not to mention air mages that completely stun lock entire control points using .1 air shield and absolutely no challenge.

17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

This is why I stopped playing Air mage and switched to another class. I use to be air years ago loved it until I started playing in PVP tournaments. It was then I learned that 1 skill broke me completely. For PVE though its a non issue. That said If they ever do fix that I may consider air mage again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.