1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Low hanging Fruit, Crafting / Loot idea

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elas TheWise, Aug 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

Atos said he is looking for ways to phase out Artifacts I know how you can kill off the rings and make loot a bit better as well as boost crafting..... And the best part is all the mechanics are already in game to it should be easy to do.

Create a "artifact" Jewel and Gem in each color. Ex "Necromancy Jewel Common." That would give you 10 different new items to drop as loot. Only common drops and you can combine to get better versions. They can be used in place of the normal gems and jewels when crafting items to gain 5,10,15,20 Attunement. This would boost the grind for drops and let the crafters to make better crafted gear to help off set the artifacts. If you want you can also let the artifact rings salvage into them as well.

As you have the mechanic for all of this and the "artifact" is does not have any real stats there should be little coding to put it in place. This would make for a big crafting boost but a low hanging fruit.

What do you think?

ShurTugal likes this.
  2. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Its not a bad idea but the biggest issue many have had with artifacts is they take away from the crafter to some degree. I'm aware that you still need a crafter to masterwork and enchant them, sure but a better choice would be to have some artifact of old that using a crafters skill, they could break down into its components and then the crafter can then add those components to recipes to create some really unique and fascinating creations. :) I'm perfectly ok with the artifacts staying in the game since they are in now and we are well down this rabbit hole. I'm simply wanting to change their purpose to provide something really cool to crafters. I do like your idea though and would be perfectly ok with them adding your artifact component idea into the game along with what I have just laid out.

3. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Just for the record, this concept is not new or unique to the game of shroud. It actually exist in the game currently. We have the mossy handle that you get from salvaging the torc weapon down, we have the two bow strings from salvaging the elven bows down. I believe there are some other components out there you get from salvaging things down. Basically, the developers started down this path at some point and then like all the other systems we have in the game, just stopped developing it before it was complete. As I was responding to your post, this occurred to me and I just had to type it out because it adds to the argument many of us are making atm.

Elas TheWise likes this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

"Atos said he is looking for ways to phase out Artifacts" ... surely ye jest.

5. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

ya, he did say something along those lines but he also said at one point that creating components from artifacts was something he was going to do or something along those lines. my memory may be off slightly but either way, we can't have both. if you remove the artifacts, you can't have components...

6. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

at this point, I don't have a clue where things are going :)

7. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

but you can bet that it will never get finished.

8. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I was hoping this could be one of those components that come from the artifact rings, but this could just as easily be a drop component as well. I was trying to come up with ideas that used current functioning things to help augment crafting and the loot table, with out adding complex code or a grater imbalance in gear. This would put crafting chest armor, wands and staffs directly back into the crafter hands as they could compete with the current artifacts.

9. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I think he talked about braking them down to crafting components. This would be a solid start.....

10. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Sockets for crafted gear might be one way to go .... we will see which direction Chris leans to when the time comes . Personally im not a big fan of artifact components they just damage the gathering chain too much ... a mossy handle with unicorn horn doesnt even need resource anymore .

Anpu likes this.
  11. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I was not talking about socketing. We put a gem into weapons now, and jewels into rings and necklaces. No real change there. It would just allow the Attuenmnet for the gear to go up to the artifacts level. Right now I can craft a nice ring but it is worthless compared to an artifact ring as I can only give it 5 att and the artis go up to 20 at legendary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.