1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Summon Temporary Weapon for "Mage" types

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Echondas, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Would be cool if a mage type character could 'summon' a weapon on demand, if their hands are empty and it would vanish after a timer runs out. Weapon usefulness could be based on their skill level in that weapon type from the corresponding weapon tree. (Ranged weapons would still need ammo perhaps)

Thinking of like "Spiritual Hammer" from AD&D games that a cleric could summon -- or being able to summon a temporary ethereal weapon similar to Oblivion or Skyrim

2. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

That would be a cool thing to be in the game, but would it really be worth using over a good staff, or 2 good wands?

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Probably not - and that's a good thing for crafters :)

I was just thinking of a way to not carry around as much crap in my backpack - it might be a fun option, or a roleplay / appearance kinda thing for folks, and also give casters the ability to be a little more versatile in a party or solo.

(could also be a fun thing for some fancier enemy mobs or bosses)

4. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

1.we have ignite, though id prefer transformable/alteration spells to expand on it from all the spell trees(visual alteration based on weapon type).
    2.though i guess chaos/moon are technically aether bounds, or would that fall under the likely to never exist shadow spell tree?(we have the spindlecrotch mobs, might as well get a tree later from a researcher on the energies)

5. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

It would be if you didnt want to lose durability while grinding out exp. Cool idea, could even sell different patterns for this spell in the crown store :D

6. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

or an unlock like in champions online(as a consumable, so payers can sell them), add drop down menu for styles per school>:D
    i miss 2h sword thrust with 90 degree twist(i think it was coup?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.