A message of support...and gratitude.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strider99, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider99

Strider99 Bug Hunter

Thank you for all you do for us in this game. I know you put your heart and soul into it and most of us are very grateful. I am sorry for the trouble lately with Fizzle. I know it was very hard for you to take action against any member, especially one that you personally put so much energy into listening to, streaming with and interacting with.

I cant believe how many things you guys have done to try to improve the game for us.

Just to name a few that I personally love…

1. Crafting overhaul and the many new ways to earns tons of crafting XP so that we can learn up and play with the many crafting skills.

a. Mining is Fun now and loads of XP

b. Farming ROCKS baby!!!! Comabt farming skills have really increased the speed and return for all that farming effort.

2. Fishing XP seems to have gotten a little better and I can’t wait to try the new fishies when they comeout.

3. Dungeons now work awesome and are tons of fun.

4. Community events sponsored by catnip and lots of efforts by elgarion to engage and make them fun and rewarding..

5. Some real effort going into the maps. This is always been my biggest want to make the game better and it’s great to see some effort going into getting stable consistent maps in game.

Thank you for all you do for us! We love this game and the people in the community. It’s my favorite place to go.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

How lovely to read a positive message here.
    Thanks!

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

HOW DARE YOU INSINUATE THAT THIS COMMUNITY IS ANYTHING BUT 100% POSITIVE AND SUPPORTIVE AT ALL TIMES YOU MONSTER

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  4. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

lol :)

Prada likes this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? oh wait so am I. Oh well there goes the positivity of the OP. :rolleyes:

Time Lord and Prada like this.
  6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Some real effort going to a feature which was ... almost working two years ago.

[​IMG]

...meanwhile, one complete thread on how things are bad and should be improved mysteriously disappeared.

Guys, don't you understand that you are shooting yourself in the foot, trying to mute every criticism ?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Crowell, Feeyo, Time Lord and 8 others like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

-steers this back in a positive direction-

I know I've lately been frustrated by some of the somewhat baffling design decisions and priorities, but I've never wavered from the belief that the team is passionate and committed about the game and are giving 100%. That's the main reason I'm still around. "Don't stop believing" right?

I think its a shame so much time/effort/energy has to go into "policing" the game/forums/misbehavings and hopefully this situation will serve as an example to curb this sort of behavior in the future.

Time Lord, Prada, Tirrag and 2 others like this.
  8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Not a mystery. You mean that thread that starts off with a "I haven't played in 6 months and it is clear you have failed." followed by claims we got nothing done in 6 months plus a bunch of personal attacks calling me out by name and listing the stuff we didn't get done in that time that we already owned up to not getting done? That thread? I was reluctant to hide it because there was constructive people after that listed dozens of things that did get done. I can still see the useful parts in it even though hidden.

As has been mentioned a few times, we are done tolerating intentional toxicity and pointless negativity. While there was good content in the thread, the initial post was someone who quit long ago coming back to trash the game with zero constructive content.

WrittenLore, Elay, Time Lord and 12 others like this.
  9. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Plus this is your house, and your rules. We are only here to play the game and maybe offer feedback as consumers. However which way a company decides to operate is up to them. All too often people complain and try to be a backseat CEO/Manager etc and all they have to do is stop consuming to make their point. All too often people forget silence on our part is the best resolution as a group but not enough people do it to create any momentum.

SotA will always have a core, even if that core loses and gains new people over time, just like any other products out there.

CICI likes this.
  10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

We all agree that there has been some positive additions to the game, especially in the performance. A great example is how most of the bugs in quests have been fixed.

But when 99.999% of the players ask for fixes such as maps, journals, mechanics, UI, etc month after month and it falls on deaf ears, it gets frustrating. You can go back months and years to see the same requests to fix the same things, but when they announce work on a pvp queue rather than the unfinished previous work people get frustrated.

11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I have been a supporter since 04/15/2013. Yes there has been ups and downs and some frustrating and confusing times. My biggest gripe was with communication both in game design and support issues. Fortunately @Elgarion has done a good job of addressing that. I come here to play and enjoy myself and over the years that is what I have done. If something is broken, nerfed, or confusing I go do something else. There is so much to do here. I think we all would say that "If I was running the company I would do thing differently" but would we all be able to handle the negativity as well as @Chris and the DEVs have done? As I have said many times:

Explore the World and try new things.

Elrond, Redhammer, Asclepius and 3 others like this.
  12. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

Thank you to all the team members Of this Great game.

lijuan zhang

Neonis likes this.
  13. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    I'm pretty happy with the direction the game has been going recently, as well.

simon1974 likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I really hate this type of thread. I hope it gets locked. Who made us judge and jury to sentence anyone. Our job has always been to be respectful and constructive. Many of us paid dearly for that right I know but still that is our job. Breaking down anyone is never the way to be heard. Don't you know most times what you resist persists? If you want to be heard be constructive, give many examples and then do it over again and again. That's the best we can do. That is our job if we want to be here. We have a game being worked on still. We are lucky for that. It could have just got shut down. While the lights are on there is still hope for some valuable progressions. The game still has much potential. Look into the light and turn off the hate or leave please. Hate and threat posts are not but even constructive criticism with examples over and over is. Remember it's our job and right. Nothing else is.

Ysold likes this.
  15. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

These threads are nice but everything is NOT roses here! (raises legendary shield)

I would think a form of positive feedback would be bug reporting by the customer base. But when numerous reports go ignored over and over its seems that many are becoming fed up and frustrated, voicing it negatively (because of the frustration) and leaving then game.

I have numerous examples of this with Sota spanning many years.

*recall* (recalls out as the explosion potions land at my feet) *poof*

16. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I will stick to constructive criticisms of this post. Hopefully I dont get misjudged.

1. There has not been a single crafting overhaul in this game, you obviously meant harvesting overhaul. There are plenty more systems to complete in crafting and perhaps trash completely, like the waiting and insanity of time it takes to craft in this game. Especially scrolls... Crafting should be instant and the delay should be removed imho. Only Harvesting should have delays.
    A. Mining changing with meticulous was a great idea. It's been asked for a long time by many (ahem @Mangar and @Elrond among others) and should of been an implemented system for a long time. We can easily and finally say that this is a system that have been completed.... but oh wait... we still have the useless "survey" skill... so you cant say they finally finished a system just yet. Although the meticulous change hurt those who did the hard work of attaining exp back in the day when it wasnt easy, it still has a long way to go, especially the survey skills; complete the system entirely from start to finish. All this has done is move the goal post and stole value from those who put in the hard work. This didnt really make mining more "fun". It literally stole value from those who put in hard work, they already thought it was fun. Most people didnt think it was fun because they looked at others who were "in the lead". That isnt a good way to look at this. Its a great change dont get me wrong, but realize that we are at 8x exp and this change would of been fine for 1x exp. Not 8x.

B. Farming changes were long overdue. Definitely agree with this. But I dont farm so it really only affects those with many lots who farm all day; not something for new players.

2. Fishing exp, another thing that was probably long overdue. 8x exp again, but I digress. Read point "4" for my opinion on fishing.

3. Dungeons always worked awesome afaik. Nothing changed other than fixes that were long overdue. Another example as @Hornpipe points out, systems implemented and not finished. Also they have become the end-all grind stations for many since they now drop an exorbitant amount of loot and exp. Once again 8x exp... The entire world of Novia is almost completely deserted. Everyone is now in their Troll dungeons or in Spindleskog attenuating and leveling alt to 100 in 15 minutes...

4. @Elgarion is great. I wanted to participate in his pvp event but couldnt make it due to the date. Im not into fishing at all since it is so monotonous and can be accomplished by a simple macro and I refuse to do something that is lacking any form of dynamism. Although I must congratulate @Elgarion on his work. I like that he is at least trying to pump life into pvp to some degree! This is the only positive thing I have to say of this post that is on point.

5. Oh dear... oh deeeaaaaarr..... the Maps.... yes.... the main complaint of anyone starting the game. That and the tutorial. Ive tried to get friends to play this but the tutorial and maps kept them from playing. This reference almost makes me believe that your post is "trolly" to some degree. Maps definitely need to be focused on or at the least, explained for some zones that there are none and allow us to get some form of "fog of war" and discover it. At the very least. This is a system that needs to be fleshed out and finished or explained thoroughly that it will NOT BE by removing the hotkey and the maps altogether. Make a choice. Stop leaving unfinished systems in the game.

Peace out.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Anpu and OzzyOsbourne like this.
  18. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

It seems I may be the only one who saw the original post, before it's edit removing the negative jab at existing players, and due to that I won't comment on the content as whole as I feel this somewhat dreamy thank you, wasn't actually the intent of the post.

I would like to know about the dungeon changes though, because it seems I may have missed something. My dungeon building experience to me seems the same, place and deco my rooms, combine my totems for stronger encounter rooms... same as last year. So please let me know what I may have missed as a change to improve dungeons.. I would love to get more out of my dungeon building and enjoying and hopefully there's something there that fell under my radar.

arcdevil, Astirian and Prada like this.
  19. Prada

Prada Avatar

So no more poking fun at the clueless detractors? I really enjoyed participating in the last one Elgarion locked, it was time to lock it, but it was also fun sparring with the easily confused...

20. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Speaking as someone who has come back from a pretty long break (got burnt out and frustrated when Chris nerfed the F out of mining for no good reason)... I am pretty surprised how many new things there are in the game. The meticulous change to mining makes it bearable again, but still not as fun as it used to be. For example some mines that were great before the nerf are still useless and should have the word mine stripped from it's name to avoid frustration and confusion *cough Spectral Mine cough*. Changes to taming and a whole new bard skill tree that I haven't really touched yet. Don't really care about taming but the bard skills look fun.

I will say it's interesting to see people who supposedly hate everything about the game still posted here the entire time I was gone. When I quit I did not post constant negativity and criticism, I just quit. Quit the game and the forums.

I think when people don't take a break the change and improvements feel slow, but when I came back and saw ~two years of improvements all at once it seemed pretty nice.

Paladin Michael, Prada and devilcult like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.