Maps are coming!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loaffer, Aug 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aragorn lancermane

aragorn lancermane Avatar

If this is a really a new player and his/her first experience with SotA, do you think his experience will attract new players to join us? Besides the fact that he was not aware of the global chat system, his review was spot on. This is not what SotA needs. Again- its Catnip's decision and I support whichever way THEY decide to go. However, they do need to do something to keep us from bleeding out more than we already have been. I was just suggesting something that would at least contain the negative press and situation from worsening while giving the reviewers another shot at us once the product is finished.

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I absolutely agree with you there, but since that doesn't seem to be a route the devs are considering, my concern is for damage control. Focusing on episode 1 maps -- and not for the most popular scenes first, as Chris mentioned once, but for the newbie areas first and then expanding to all ep 1 maps -- would be a way of mitigating the negative reviews spread by new players while simultaneously fixing things for existing players, hence why I'm convinced it should be a priority. And, yes, a priority above ep 2 maps, because episode 2 content shouldn't be a priority at all until episode 1 is fixed. As far as I'm concerned, the episode 2 content currently available should all still be on QA and not on the live server.

arcdevil, Astirian, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  3. Smegatron

Smegatron Bug Hunter

I am just pleased to see maps on the radar. This is great news!

FrostII likes this.
  4. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    There have been so many games in the past from big studios that have had serious problems. Off the top of my head there was "No Mans Sky" and EOS. Both had users say that they should be avoided AND both of them fixed their issues without taking the game down. These were BIG companies with lots of DEVs and money. What should Catnip do? That is up to Catnip but it would mean that they would loose all funding for changes, create a bad impression so that when the games is Re-Released few people would trust it, and with the small workforce would still take a long time to correct issues that can be circumvented currently. Let the DEVs work and if they already know of an issue don't keep sending then post and support emails that takes time away from them working on it. If you really want to help the game then buy stuff or donate money so they can pay more people to work on things. There is a wishlist section and a bug report section. Use these instead of requiring Catnip to re-read over and over things that they already know they need to fix ..... and Catnip please focus more on the bugs and less on the new features for a little while. I love all the new stuff, it brings joy to the game but the bugs off set that joy when I run into them during game play.

5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Sounds like a good idea to me :)~Time Lord~

6. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Time Lord
    I have encountered games that have used Google Maps. It is very epensive and would not fit with the Roll Player Avatars unless it could be incorporated into Fyndoro's Tablet of Finding. Here is the pricing info from Google.

https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree indeed @Warrior B'Patrick ! :p It would cost a fortune to get one of those Google Street View Cameras sized down to fit into one of our SOTA backpacks :(~TL~

Warrior B'Patrick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.