Anyone has the list of pvp scenes and its info?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick, Aug 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Example:

Opalis Ruins
    Skill Cap: Yes
    Level Cap: Yes
    Ransom: No

Would like to publish this info into a book. :p

*edit* Here's the draft of the book:

PVP Scenes and Arena

Arena
    The Castle PvP Arena is used for Avatars to face off on two opposing teams while a score is kept, and automatically reset, based on time.

Ardoris PVP Arena
    Skill Cap: No
    Level Cap: No
    Ransom: Yes

Owls Head PVP Arena

Obsidian Trials
    A subterranean pit of sheer obsidian, in Novia near the east entrance to Nightshade Pass, hosts a deadly, 32-player PVP free for all known as The Obsidian Trials. Play sessions begin every 10 minutes with one minute of preparation time between matches. During the match, a poisonous boundary that deals extraordinary amounts of damage rapidly reduces the amount of playable area.

Obsidian Trials
    Skill Cap: Not verified
    Level Cap: Not verified

Ruins

Dysborg Ruins
    The Dysborg Ruins is an old historic Obsidian City that has been abandoned for hundreds of years and has fallen into disarray. The Obsidian shards have been warping the land slowly over time, bringing in unusual plant life and helping with the breakdown of the architecture.

Kas Ruins
    The Kas Ruins is located in North Paladis along the Tears River set against jagged mountains. It is on one of these peaks where the ruins of an ancient Paladin Fort lie.It is one of the six ruined cities found in Novia that date back to the period in Novian history in which the Obsidian Order rose to power.

Libris Ruins
    The Libris Ruins is located in Regalis along the Sanctus River. It is the old seat of Justice and features a ruined prison alongside the ruins of an ancient court. Various cells and enclosures once meant to house Novia’s most dangerous criminals fill this ancient prison. Sky cells are located high up on the cliffs overlooking the Libris Ruins where the most notorious criminals would be brought.

Midras Ruins
    The Midras Ruins are one of the six ruined cities found in Novia that date back to the period in Novian history in which the Obsidian Order rose to power. The exact history of some of these cities has been lost to time, but it is rumored that some of them may have been abandoned even before the rise of the Obsidians. Midras, in particular, is significant because it is the location of the Crypt of the Avatar.

Opalis Ruins
    Upon the western branch of the Jaana River was beautiful city of Opalis, enclosed by a curtain wall thirty feet high. Outside the wall, numerous smaller buildings and tents make up the settlement of Brambletown. Stone turrets in the wall raise into beautiful, slender towers. Buildings within were spires and domes of polished brass. Causeways led up to the city, which provide protection to defenders and hamper assaults.

Skill Cap: Yes
    Level Cap: Yes

Rhun Ruins
    The Rhun Ruins are one of the six ruined cities found in Novia that date back to the period in Novian history in which the Obsidian Order rose to power. The exact history of some of these cities has been lost to time, but it is rumored that some of them may have been abandoned even before the rise of the Obsidians. Rhun was a city devoted to Compassion but has since been overrun with the undead. It is located in the Drachvald region in the northeast of Novia.

Shardfalls
    The Cataclysm, also called "the Fall", occurred nearly 400 years ago. While the actual events are shrouded in mystery, it is known that the Moons collided, shattering the larger to form Daedalus. Shards of the smaller fell, devastating the land and its people. Notions of magic and science were tilted on their heads. The Shard Falls appeared, as did new magicks and strange new creatures.

Grunvald Shardfall

Paladis Shardfall

Quel Shardfall

Verdentis Shardfall

Adventure

The Fall
    No one is quite sure who built this mysterious dungeon beneath Blood Bay, but it is filled with an incredible array of dangers, and rewards. The Fall gets its name from the giant vertical open space that defines the middle of dungeon with crisscrossing bridges and elevators.

Blood Bay
    Blood Bay is an open PVP map located on an atoll in Spindrift Bay. At the ends of the arms of the atoll are two towns founded by brigands and buccaneers. However, one side hosts more virtuous adventurers, while the other hosts adventurers with slightly more colorful pasts.

Housing: Yes!

Tartarus PVP Maze
    Tartarus is an ancient dungeon accessible from The Rise and Savrenoc Stronghold. No one knows how it came to be. During an expedition in the Rise, an adventurer seperated from his party found its entrance when trying to find a safe place to hide and wait for this party to rescue him.

Other information
    If you die in the pvp zone not by players, you won't drop anything, but if u get killed by a player, you will drop 3 items at a time, 1 misc or consumable , 1 equiptable, 1 bone parts. even though you dropped those in the pvp, you may retrive them by hitting "." or "DEL" at the key pad area to bring up the ransom menu to "pay the ransom with gold" to retrieve the item. so you don't really lose anything , except gold.

As a guide, the ransom cost is roughly the price of the item on you inventory menu, multiply it by 3 or 5.

The chances of running into someone in the ruins and shardfalls on the way through your main quests line are very slim. If you do, most will return your ransom without you having to pay, and if they don’t they still may if you just whisper them and ask.

Opalis is the only pvp scene one that has skill and level capped with no ransom. If you are not into PVP, this is the ideal place to explore the charm of the ancient ruins and experience your adrenaline rising (when someone attacks you) without the fear of losing anything. Perhaps you will even learn to enjoy PVP after your visit there!

No one is at risk of losing anything, as long as they have at least a little gold to pay the ransom, you aren't going to lose anything. If you don't have enough gold, you have 24 hrs to get it, and if anyone is desperate and about to lose a ransom due to no gold, they can message Grumpy Krabnevir in game for help.

You can also simply give a shout out for help in the universe chat. There will be many players who will lend you a helping hand!

Sources:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-the-list-of-pvp-scenes-and-its-info.164700/
    https://sotawiki.net/sota/Category:PVP_Scenes

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Ancev likes this.
  2. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Opalis is the only one that's capped with no ransom, Obsidian Trials is no ransom, The Fall, and every other Ruin and Shardfall is PvP with Ransoms.

Jikininki and Nick like this.
  3. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Someone once claimed that obsidian trials has a cap. Never went there to test it though.

4. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Also, Tartarus PVP maze is no ransom

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks. Those pvp scenes that players might need to pass through to get those pages have ransom as well?

Would have been nice if they are no ransom. Players can run through without fear of losing their stuff.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

If you die in the pvp zone not by players, you won't drop anything, but if u get killed by a player, you will drop 3 items at a time, 1 misc or consumable , 1 equiptable, 1 bone parts. even though you dropped those in the pvp, you may retrive them by hitting "." or "DEL" at the key pad area to bring up the ransom menu to "pay the ransom with gold" to retrieve the item. so you don't really lose anything , except gold. if you wanted to know how much will be the ransom cost, to my knowledge if you can see the price of the item on you inventory menu, multiply it by 3 or 5, i am sure.

Net and Nick like this.
  7. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

The chances of running into someone in the ruins and shardfalls on the way through your main quests line are very slim. If you do, most will return your ransom without you having to pay, and if they don’t they still may if you just whisper them and ask. If you see me online while running through your quest and want, send me a whisper and I will show you the back ways in so you don’t need to go through the non-protected zones if you’re not ready to.
    Player name: Emmory Watsyn

Net and Nick like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Avatar

There are players who simply doesn't like the idea of the possibility of losing their stuff. Once they realise they need to go into a pvp zone. They get frustrated. My opinion is that if it is becomes common knowledge that you won't lost anything if you are going through the scenes that are on their way to getting the pages, they might be more open to the idea of visiting these scenes. (which are really awesome)

I know of a guy who went into a pvp scene just exploring the scene. Out from nowhere someone just started attacking him. He gave up going back there again.

Silently and Net like this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Nick,
    Couple of points

Firstly, and I will point this out because I'm sure someone else will, there are routes to completely avoid PvP if that is your goal, and a book describing the alternate routes would be very useful indeed.

Yes, there are absolutely people who park at quest points and grief, or who use friends list and/or the API to determine when people are in PvP zones and stalk/follow/grief them while they are trying to do their quests. (This can be funny, Scoffer was killing his alt over and over in town to get skulls for a deco project, and all these PvPers kept turning up looking for "action" lol, apparently there is a bot or something that sends them alerts whenever player-attacked-by-player flags up in the API). This sort of behavior is expected in any game with PvP even if it weren't for the loot - some people can only have fun by ruining someone else's. I will say that compared to other games, the % of PvPers who behave this way is small, however, it is still present.

For a newer player doing the path of Love though, the game's not obvious about there being another route, in fact you get dumped/steered into the PvP area by default unless you know differently.
    All of the vault running can completely bypass pvp scenes, some more easily than others. Happy to go through the details with you if this is something you want to include - I've shoehorned dozens of people through this over the years.

Net and Nick like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm surprised that you would think that right before posting this:

11. Nick

Nick Avatar

why?

12. Nick

Nick Avatar

Actually, I was hoping there are more of scenes like Opalis. My first thought was to publish a book listing all the pvp scenes, then suggest to players in the book that they can visit some of these pvp scenes with less worries. Caps and no ransom. There's very little to lose. Sad to know there isn't that many.

It did occur to me to write a book to describe the alternate routes. But I am kinda lazy to go through them again just to write a book. :p It'll have to be a separate book though. I'll certainly look for you when I finally get there. I've only been procrastinating for a year or two.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Nick likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Avatar

Unfortunately, not everyone knows that.

It would be nice if they knew they have nothing much to lose if they go through certain pvp zones.
    I wouldn't have even bothered to try publishing a book like this until I saw someone mentioned about opalis, which raised my interest. Which kinda sank when I find out there's only one such scene.

15. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Spot on - the PvP route is obvious, the non-PvP route difficult to find and only hinted at. To my mind that's always been the wrong way round

Nick likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Because it's less about loot and more about someone griefing you because they can. Your friend stopped going to that scene because they attacked him.

17. Nick

Nick Avatar

Not true. He didn't really mind about being attacked. The fear of him losing stuff stopped him from going back there. I suppose its because there is no greater fear than fear itself. :p A psychological barrier.

18. Abstrax Phoenix

Abstrax Phoenix Avatar

Yes, there is a bot that reports when PVP happens. It is a public bot that anyone can access. Its actually in the official shroud of the avatar discord, under the channel bots.

19. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Blood Bay is also another PvP zone which is uncapped with ransoms and player housing. Pretty vacant.

In the capped pvp zones - does that include adventure level and skill cap? So gear, deck and player skill would be the determining factor?

20. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

Correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.