Any interest in setting up a linked Ring of Market POTs?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by that_shawn_guy, Aug 11, 2020.

?

What do you think of the idea of a linked Ring of Market towns?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2020.
  1. I'd put my town in (governors only please)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I'd would not put my town in (governors only please)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'd use it for shopping

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. I'd would not use it for shopping

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I'm not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. CowboyNeal

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

If you're accent enough (in internet age) to remember webings, like that, except for market focused towns.

Each town would have 2 teleports in/near their main market area that go to the previous and next towns in he ring. If there is enough interest, there would be other administrative details to work. Of course.

In theory, this would make shopping a little easier and get some more traffic to all the participating towns.

2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

I've actually been playing Go with the merchant connections - now that there is a fast travel boat from Beran's Reach to Novia Market, if we could get a return boat that would almost complete the loop:

I already approached @CICI and Vallas about a ballon fast travel from Beran's Reach to New Britannia Swap Meet, which is already connected to Ardoris and therefore Fallin' Green as well - almost to the point where one could use the boats to travel from town to town when going shopping and make a full circle.

[​IMG]

Sonja and Scooby Doo like this.
  3. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Sorry @that_shawn_guy , clearly slow on the uptake. I absolutely love this idea, consider Beran's Reach in. :)

Anpu likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think its an interesting idea for sure, and to a certain extent this already exists (I have a 'route' that I take when I go shopping from wagon to wagon to minimize load screens).
    But the problems with related game systems make this a bit shaky, such as vendor activity levels resulting in 'dead' spots on the ring, etc.
    You're still not solving the main issues with the vendor system and the fact that most of player time will be spent staring at load screens or waiting for individual vendors to load that probably wont have anything worth buying. While I think its a decent idea to try and make the best of the poor market mechanics we have, it feels like another bandaid on a broken leg.

I think if people set up their 'vendor area' next to the travel point and committed to keeping it stocked, well organized, etc. it would certainly be beneficial. I missed this thread when the poll was live. We'd certainly try to put Scoffer's garlic market into the circuit.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I would rather see a global vendor item search come in. If you are looking for an item who has it and locations who have it in stock. The vendor towns are awesome for those who love to go from vendor to vendor looking at what they have but sometimes you don't have time and just need your item. In a perfect world best of both worlds would be awesome but first I think we need a good item search implemented. One that doesn't pick favoritism but speaks for all player vendors in the game wherever they may be located.

I think we have a need for vendor towns but not all towns want to go that route and their vendors matter too. I'd like to see a system that is best for all players and their vendors. As it stands now not everyone is getting a chance imo. I know to some extent we can try to make our own chances but that can be quite the job and perhaps not everyone's priority or difficult time-wise for them. Sorry for derailing if I did but some thoughts that came up for me.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    Vaiden Luro and that_shawn_guy like this.
  6. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

The trade nexus is growing - more governors should consider connecting to Beran's Reach if they want to be a part of the growing trade network here and as we re-evaluate the one-way routes and LAMP guild vendor locations.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  7. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Beran’s Reach is very much on-board with supporting trade and improving links with other POTs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.