1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Mannequins new feature to make them npcs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Xee, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Mannequins can be dressed up and come in various forms on the store. What if these dress up dolls could be ties to Inky for NPC scripting, as well have pet behaviors so that they can patrol around , dance and follow, even sit from time to time.

1. this would open up so many possibilities from story telling, to events, and bring life to shops and houses in a whole new way.

2. increase revenue in the store because of demand, Crafted version would not show? weapons where store ones could brandish weapons or walk around with weapon and when stopping take poses

3. Not sure if possible but if placed in a dungeon could have option to turn them in to mobs and have them attack but no xp. Now listen to this idea :) what if they could drop what you dress them with? or have option to turn that on.

Just some of the thoughts I had.

Cheers,

Xee of Silverdale Market / Tower of Xee

Ancev likes this.
  2. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Maybe some kind of Puppeteer's Manifest (an item of some sort?) that allows you to change the behavior of the mannequin. In one of my earlier ideas (I think my original post was buried in one of the early Release Feedback threads) I had a concept where you dressed up a mannequin with crafted gear and then cast a spell on the mannequin to get a buff - someone compared it to Dorian Gray but I can't find the post.

If this were a thing - my recent thinking of that original concept would be - As you cast the spell on the mannequin the gear is sealed/locked to the mannequin and it begins taking permanent durability damage with each buff, which turns the mannequin into a consumable item and removes them from the economy (so that more can be crafted)

The Puppeteer's Manifest could be assigned to the mannequins and other decoration NPC's which toggles the item's AI logic and would allow them to function as:

1. Quest NPC's (you can chat with them, they can move around, do emotes, dance, etc)
    2. Standard non-combat Pets
    3. Mob Spawner (allows 'rare drops' of the gear as a Quest flagged item that can be turned in to other NPC's in the POT, and perhaps the items on the mannequin can be configured to drop permanently as a non-quest item)

Xee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.