1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Grow Lights Please!

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elas TheWise, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

It would be great if we could use some of our house space to grow plants at normal sun rate. I want a nice house but also want some planting spots. So if we could craft some grow lights, maybe out of obsidian chips or some other gem chip. That light when placed in a room would make the rooms grow rate go to the outside rate of 1.

2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Far out, man!

[​IMG]

Echondas, Elas TheWise and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Things to grow inside and reasons for them...
    Crops or fishing insects that would do better if grown or harvested from inside plants with grow lights? Silk Worms for tailoring, Night Crawlers for fishing, Glowing Mushrooms for growing glowing inside home decor that would act as those grow lights?
    We need to fit such a thing into a circle of expendable enhancements or enchantments to our SOTA life which may not require allot of special programming time. We need it to be special, or we're just placing more crap in the world which could have better served to more deepen our gaming experience.

What more could we make of this, for less?
    We need something that takes one hell of allot of PASSION! :confused:

[​IMG]
    for a perk that enhances our gaming for it to be or not to be... ;)

I do think that is the question :D
    ~Time Lord~

4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Would be nice if there were different kinds of fungi you could grow, some could be bioluminescent and give an effect of sunlight when concentrated. This would create a cost of lighting up a dungeon or house with balancing how many mushrooms you grow.

Ideally if the mushrooms had an associated cooking recipe and/or potion use then they wouldn't be a complete waste.

Echondas and Time Lord like this.
  5. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

I agree they could do a lot more if there was the option. I just wanted to start simple and get the ability to craft grow lights. They can then add cool drop changes for inside after that.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I think one of the problems with attaching something better to the idea, is that it then effects all housing :( "but I'm not a programmer, so I really don't know what I'm talking about" o_O

There was once a time when Lord British had spoken of such crops, but that was very early on when we had only one city built, "Owl's Head". LB had envisioned a plant substance grown in basements which was illegal and had perils when attempting to deliver them to market, along with having to set up the deal (sale) through some underworld character living in town. That's all I can remember from our old programming history of such a thing, yet I don't think the crop he was thinking of even needed a grow-light, because it preferred the dark. I'm wondering if there could be plants that would prefer living indoors which wouldn't have a necessity for any additional special lighting.
    [​IMG]
    Dark Plants? ~TL~o_O

Echondas likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

we only have one use for quartz crystals, and it's not a crafting one. grow lights out of quartz crystals that burn out somewhat regularly like torches would give those another use, that's fitting with the scene they're found, too. i just don't think they're set up to track durability changes to deco, hence all the mannequins holding torches.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I’ve dropped the idea of something like that on Twitch streams, something akin to Silver Serpent Venom from U7 - perhaps some kind of addiction/tolerance/withdrawal effects for “special” potions

Sorgin Txakal and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Those would be very cool! ~TL~:D

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.