Ugly women

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fumblefingers, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Aren't they all the same face with different hairstyles and maybe someone playing with the scale slider?

NirAntae likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

No they're doing different head types so there will at least be some different base faces and other options. Hopefully will get some sliders.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I just ran across this armor and what detail, not that SOTA would have anything like it but it would be nice to compromise. I personally love it but I am flexible a bit. If our females get to be more attractive I will be a happy camper, not so masculine .

***actually this armor is from skyrim***

4. Gooseboy

Gooseboy Avatar

Looks like a trailer for an Underworld game....maybe type of stuff can be made for those who prefer more of a hellfire club experience in New Britannia. Maybe Darkstarr will be found in a cavern under a church with a coven of such ladies...

5. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Oh, must I make some breast slider banners now? :p

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm hoping the devs allow crowdsourced artists to contribute more assets for character customization so we have lots of options to make our characters look unique.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

that armor looks cool!

8. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Really nice look!
    If avatars were a bit more attractive I'm sure I would play a female. As it stands I'm just as masculine either way ;)

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  9. Robby

Robby Avatar

What if we want a big fat ugly woman avatar?? Why do they have to look good?

10. enderandrew

Agreed. Not every Avatar has to be attractive. I just want plenty of options so every player is happy with how their Avatar looks.

11. yakumo2897

yakumo2897 Avatar

I find characters a way to express yourself. Just like the clothes you wear or the car that you drive. Female characters need to be just that, an expression of what you want your character to be in this world. The more models, races, shapes and sizes the better for everyone.

To the topic creator, I find that beauty is subjective. The models are not the worst I have ever seen I just wish there was more balance. I don't want to pay for beauty packs I feel that they should already be in the game. Its no fun for half the population to look more awesome than the other half because they buy the beauty pack. I believe it can break the roleplaying illusion if it isn't handle carefully. Ironically this is how real life is (some are prettier than others and we glorify them.)

I am hoping that we have more options for the character creator at the beta and final release stage of the game.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol I do understand totally, we should have variety. I've had funny looking characters in games and still loved them. In vanguard many of my characters were funny looking and in everquest too. My preference for myself is that my character is gorgeous, but I'm sure I will like her anyway.

** Well gorgeous in my opinion lol*** I know how that looks isn't the same for everyone. That's why I'd like variety. That's the simplest solution

Lord Baldrith and blaquerogue like this.
  13. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

I agree and not just that armor.
    Skyrim has the best looking women, physics, weapons and armor of any game I have seen.

14. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

That does not look like armor. It looks like S&M fantasy wear.

To have a woman's most vulnerable place exposed is completely unrealistic. It doesn't matter to me if people want choice. If they want to make clothing like this (no real stats), then that's their choice. But if they make women look like street walkers, I would not enjoy looking at it. In fact, when women feel they have to dress this way, I look at them rather sadly.

Akeashar and NRaas like this.
  15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

For RP outfits or similar type events, it makes sense to offer the choices for folks. I do agree though, you can make badass looking armor for women that also is functional and protective. So far the armor sets look very cool, and I hope we get to see them even more polished as we get closer to launch.

And a favorite I've seen before about this issue: :D
    [​IMG]

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well no worries, they're not going to do it this way just because I share something interesting to me. I have a friend here who is a definite gorgeous vampire lover, plus I loved it myself. I'm a bit gothic. It wasn't only the street walker look, as you referred to it, that I loved, lol, but the detail and intricacy of the armor . I truly wouldn't worry about it. I have had characters that looked gorgeous just because the developers made them that way. They could be wearing a sack or peasants outfit and still look gorgeous because they were well done. I'm sure it will be the same here.

***hmmm I looked at the video again and I do not see anything exposed except the female shape and the breast area. The armor is covering the woman completely as far as I can see.***

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  17. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Dude, all she needs is a chain to hang off of, and a whip. The collar is already there. :confused:

Her face is beautiful. Her physique beautiful but unrealistic (Barbie?). I don't care for it, that's all. I prefer realism, as far as a fantasy game allows.

I've installed mods in games that give colors, tattoos, and hairstyles. I like to make pretty characters, but I want the game to feel realistic and not like I'm walking in a red light district.

18. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

As for clothing, this famous painting depicts a kind of beauty I enjoy. It wouldn't have stats like armor, in other words.

[​IMG]

NRaas, majoria70 and Akeashar like this.
  19. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

My immediate thought on watching the video was 'Please shoot / stab here' with the cleavage window. I agree with the lesser stats for impractical. There should be a definite delineation for 'ceremonial'/'for show' armour and realistic / useful in combat.

Caliya likes this.
  20. enderandrew

The good news is that we don't need to worry about unrealistic armor, or senseless objectification (though I think that being portrayed as a sex symbol can be appropriate for a setting or story). RG doesn't have a history of that, nor has there been any indication SotA will have that.

Caliya likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.