Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I forgot to send out the participation trophies this week -- done! Sorry for the delay :(

Also, here's the winners from last week's contest for those that missed Friday's livestream:

Week 17

Jugg Head, Large King Salmon, 2.74 (Island of Wonders)
    POT Towns (Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy)

Carpe Noctem, King Salmon, 2.12 (Libris Ruins)
    PvP (2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy)

Sorgin Txakal, Small Mosasaurus, 4.9 (Sunless Barrens)
    Lava (Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy)

2. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Incidentally, the Beran's Reach branch of LAMP Libraries has a new exhibit on Late Cretaceous Squamata :cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Sean Silverfoot, Sonja, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  3. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Rock Ridge Spin off fishing event for the week starting September 28, 2020

Welcome to the 2020 SOTA Team Fishing event. Thanks Phamyns, Elgarion and all the Player Owned Town Governors who are sponsoring this year’s event! Also, I want to send out a big thanks to everyone fishing this year. See the main event page for details on the overall Team Fishing Event!

Rock Ridge is located in the new lands – we have several fast travel options, check for boat access in Crafters Town, Central Brittney, Crossroads, Noreach, Stormsong Vale and Serenite.

We in Rock Ridge want to welcome you to our little town. Be sure to turn in your largest fish caught in Rock Ridge Each day during the team event for a chance to win Crowns.

The event starts Friday August 28, 2020 at Noon CST and ends September 4th at Noon CST.

Turn in your largest Rock Ridge fish each day! The largest catch caught in Rock Ridge each day* will win 500 crowns!! (Turn in boxes are at the end of the docks in front of the devotionals)

Sorry only one winner per day.

*Real world day, starting Friday at noon, until Friday at midnight, then all Saturday, all Sunday, all Monday, all Tuesday, all Wednesday, all Thursday and until Noon on Friday Sept. 4th

Good Luck and Have fun as you fish!!

Dougan Redhammer

4. Elgarion

Awesome! Be sure to post this in the team event (run by @Phamyns) post if you haven't already. I'll be announcing this shortly, but this contest (the Catnip Games contest) will not run this upcoming week starting at Noon on Friday CT to Noon next Friday there will be no weekly tourney from my end. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ual-team-fishing-contest.164181/#post-1298507

When this one starts back up the following week, be sure to check for new contest format and rules.

5. Elgarion

This contest is postponed and will resume on Friday Sept 4th at Noon CT.

Please participate in the team fishing contest fun by @Phamyns and crew which starts on Friday Aug 28th at Noon CT and runs until Friday Sept 4th at Noon CT.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/second-annual-team-fishing-contest.164181/

Also, I might be late getting out this week's prizes to the 3 winners. I'll try to send out Saturday morning since I won't be on the stream, but it'll be Monday morning at the latest for those. Expect a new contest format when this contest returns in a week ;) I'll leave a message with Chris who the winners were so he can announce on the stream :)

6. Net

Net Avatar

@Elgarion There are two trophies you are not handing out - small bronze and small gold one. There are also many beautiful scenes which are not part of this contest.
    How about having each week 1 NPC town for the bronze trophy and 1 adventure scene for the gold one?

Sonja, Elgarion and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Elgarion

I've used one for an "ooooops" award/consolation prize, hehe. The other I'm saving for a rainy day as a special one too. They're tiny like the participation trophies so not special enough for a full contest category. Good thinking to give it purpose though. Soon! Maybe I'll factor that into the new contest's rewrite this week.

8. Zeek Latreck

Zeek Latreck Avatar

Who won week 18 i missed that on stream and need to send out some prizes @Elgarion

Sonja and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  9. Elgarion

Thanks for the reminder! ;) Grats to the wininers, and I just sent out all the participation trophies, enjoy! (Which no longer stack, yay :p)

Week 18

Astrithr Amsel, Tiger Shark, 4.38 (Dragomir Mori)
    POT Towns (Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy)

Big Mac, Tiger Shark, 4.15 (Verdantis Shardfall)
    PvP (2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy)

LiJuan Zhang, Plesiosaurus, 7.11 (Spectral Mines)
    Lava (Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy)

10. Loki Geitner

Loki Geitner Avatar

The trophy is already sitting outside my fishing dungeon entrance =)

Sonja and Elgarion like this.
  11. Elgarion

Guys, I need 1 more week to prep the new contest. I fell behind this week on a few things since I was squeezing in training and practicing the training items. So if anyone wants to run a fishing contest this upcoming week as well, please let me know -- I'd be happy to post it :) Guaranteed though, 100%, I'll have this ready to go by next Friday at noon, and it'll be announced in the weekly update next week as to the new format. Apologies! Also, it's a good time to suggest contest changes. I forgot to ask for feedback as to how the contest has been going ;)

Sonja, Anpu and Net like this.
  12. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

@Elgarion

ill be happy to be fill in for this week. rajazel will be hosting a fshing tournament from september 4 ,18h00 Cst. It will end on september 11, noon Cst. I will post prizes to be win this evening.

Lijuan Zhang

It will be saltwater.

FrostII, Sonja, Net and 5 others like this.
  13. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

Hi again,

Rajazel is located right outside soltow. devottionnals fishing are in place.

Lijuan zhang

FrostII, Sonja and Net like this.
  14. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

biggest fish or what?

Sonja and Net like this.
  15. Loki Geitner

Loki Geitner Avatar

I'm in the town now and there are 4 chests marked Tiger shark, Swordfish, Sailfish, and Marlin tournament

Sonja and Net like this.
  16. Net

Net Avatar

FrostII and Sonja like this.
  17. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

Thank you NET was about to link it also

Lijuan zhang

Net likes this.
  18. Elgarion

Alrighty, the contest is back on starting at Noon CT on Friday:

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event timeframe is Friday the 11th at Noon CT to Friday the 18th at Noon CT, and these are the prizes and goals for the indicated week:

Largest FETID WATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy
    Caer Dracwych (@Bowen Bloodgood)
    New Britannian Market, Novia West of Brittany (@Lord Andernut)
    Rock Ridge, Mistrendur Middle Island (@Redhammer)
    RECOMMENDED: Please put a mailbox for your anglers to use by the water. For salt or fetid water contests, town owners can receive a loaner statue to convert the water type of their town to that of the contest, if required.
    Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Kas Ruins
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Sunless Barrens
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who caught at least 1 trophy fish in this week's locations
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

CROSS-OVER EVENTS:
    Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for participants and winners of the Fishing event, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Please submit links to event threads which take place in the spotlighted towns, PvP zone or PvE zone.

Current Crossovers:
    -- No crossover events announced.

HOW TO PARTICPATE:
    To participate, players need merely catch trophy fish in the 5 locations indicated above. The locations will change every week at Noon CT on Friday, so be sure to pay attention to the announcements for new locations each week! Please do not send your fish to Elgarion via the in-game mail system. Through data logging, he'll be able to determine the winners. SO please hold on to your fish, and feel free to use them in any fashion after the catch.

19. Elgarion

Please note, you no longer need to send me your fish in the in-game mail system. I'll track the sizes using a data logging feature going forward. :)

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Elgarion
    Would that data logging be our current Fish Leaderboard ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.