1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Crowns should always restore 100% of major durability

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Barugon, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Repairing an item with 100 crowns should restore 100% of major durability every time. Here is my rationale:
    • I won't pay big gold for even the nicest piece because I know that it will ultimately break.
    • Even if I have a great piece of gear, I'll always be on the lookout for something that I feel is better or will work better with my current build.
    • Skills change and new item properties get added (as well as new items), which will potentially drive me to buy new gear.
    • Turn over in this game is pretty high, so there are always new players to sell gear to.
    • Crown sales help Catnip develop the game.
    Before you write your scathing reply, please think hard about that first bullet point. I know that I can't be the only person who feels that way.

Dogbert, Wilfred and Superbitsandbob like this.
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

There is already too much gear for the player base and no way crafters can profit purely from making gear. Having "forever" gear is not likely to improve that.

That said, I do think the increasing cost for major repairs is a good idea. However, there should be a well known/communicated max.

Paying 500 COTOs a month to repair a full set wouldn't be too bad. So far, I do major repairs about every 3 months or so. If I was playing enough to need to do them once a month, I would probably be collecting enough COTOs from drops to pay for it.

If it maxed out at 300 COTOs per repair after say 10 majors, I'd start making/shopping a new set soon after hitting that. At the moment, it would take me years to get to that point. The recent durability changes will likely increase that. But, I would know that could keep that armor set for 1500 COTOs a month.

Elrond likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I currently craft my own gear, even though it's inferior. If it remains status quo then I'll just continue to do that.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    StarLord and Wilfred like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here are some more arguments from my point of view (because I only speak for myself).

If crown repair remains the same (or is even removed):
    • I continue to hoard my crafting resources and craft my own gear.
    • I continue to improve my own crafting skills to support myself.
    If crown repair always restored the full major durability:
    • I sell my crafting resources to others.
    • I buy gear from others.

It's not just about perception (gear ultimately breaks); it's also about the fact that anyone can craft their own stuff. I really can't be the only person that sees this?

Wilfred likes this.
  5. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

How much is a legendary vex wand ? 10-20 mil gold ?..... 100 crowns and you get another one .... do that 15 times and you just saved yourself 300 mil gold just by paying 1500 crowns .... its an aberration that shouldnt exist in the game ..... having crowns repairing gear , having tools (best ingame) sold by store are part of the reason why the crafting economy is dead and burried . On the other hand the game has to make money ... i dont like the way this got forced on players but it is what it is .... Path of exile for example has mirror of kalandra... it allows you to make a copy of an item ..its a very rare loot drop ... thats something i could live with as a crafter ....but enforcing a system that degrades gear at insane fast rates only devalues crafted items , does not encourage players to get better gear ...but it does make players spend more crowns to repair gear ....

..to answer the op...

Repairing max durability should not be done with crowns but with a repair skill ingame..the higher the skill the more durability repaired .... also more max repairs..less gets repaired ...

Since thats not gonna happen ... my reccomandation is crown repair should start at 1000 crowns then increase incremently 1500...2000 up to 5 max repairs then the item is destroyed .

All crafters suffer because of this and making gear degrade faster wont help crafters will just help the store.
    If that were to happen you wouldnt need to buy or make gear ever again..once you get the set you want you can repair it forever with crowns , which is what all players currently do .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    Chiasma, Anpu and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Until I find something that I like better. As it is, I buy zero gear.

I also feel that artifacts should not be enchantable or masterworkable. Crafted gear should be the best.

7. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

None buys gear anymore... all the easy craft xp turned everyone into a crafter .. none buys.. everyone wants to sell....and your suggestion is ?...lets make gear last forever instead of 10 years....sorry....dont agree.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, we could certainly try it both ways. Turn off crown repair for a while and see how good the economy does.

[edit] Also, I have yet to actually repair a piece of gear using crowns. I usually just make more gear as my skills improve.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Wont change much...as i said one of the reasons not the main reason ....and i didnt say remove and lets see how it goes i said replace it with skill repair and a max limit of repairs .

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Then do that and see how well the economy does. For me, it won't change anything. As I said, it's all perception.

I only posted what I think would spur me to buy gear from other players. As I said, I only speak for myself.

11. Osunn

Osunn Avatar

Hmm if I go to erg for two hours I will lose at least half of my shield and weapon durability. I have durability skills but I need full repair or I will be replacing gear on a one to two month basis. There would be little point to high end gear without full repair.

12. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Coto repairs are not an issue: I have many crowns and never use them to fix gear. Ancient essence works or repair kits work. I have had gear for years with zero major repairs and it is still amazing. I use obsidian potions to help but gear works well especially with air shield. Pay to win does not exist here (sadly) else I would win! The iron bank loves me :) Let gear be repaired forever - Elrond makes such amazing stuff now you all will pay to get the new stuff. He is an extraordinary crafter and a great player of the game. Coto fix all day long. I never do and I have almost unlimited coto with all my pledges. Those coto don’t get me to level 143 or the best gear; playing does as does patronizing Elrond and other amazing crafters who are an extraordinary part of this game. #pigsareevil #watchyourbrotherinlaw

Elrond and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.