1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Inspiring Yell - new Heavy Armor skill

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

As heavy spec, I always envisioned my role as inspiring others to push ahead as I dive headfirst into the fray. So with that I wish for a new heavy armor skill called Inspiring Yell that enhances other players attributes (as in not your attributes) that I felt were how someone would respond to such a yell: Strength, Attack Speed, and combat focus regen. Since we don't have a concept of endurance I felt combat focus regen made the most sense. For something different and something that makes sense at least to me, I see this as a top-end skill for only heavy spec players meaning I wouldn't be able to train it unless I was heavy spec (above 1). If my heavy spec was 1 or below then this skill would be set to untrain and disabled. I see this as hanging off of taunt or provoking shout. Here are my initial thoughts on what it could look like:

- Only available to heavy spec > 1, otherwise unusable or values all at 0
    - Only affects other players in a party, not the player using it (except the aggro gen)
    - Is not reciprocal so if two players in a party both inspired, they could not inspire each other
    - Does not stack, so if already inspired a separate inspire will not affect you
    - Inspired at the point inspire is activated so if two players both inspire there cannot be a continuous inspire for party members
    - Long cooldown to prevent continuous inspire
    - Chatlog entries so lua devs can know when the skill is activated and expired :D

Level 1
    30 second duration, 60 second cooldown
    5.0 Radius
    +5 strength
    +1.0% Attack Speed
    +.5 combat focus regen
    100% chance to increase aggro on player activating skill by 100

Level 140
    30 second duration, 60 second cooldown
    20.0 Radius
    +50 strength
    +50% Attack Speed
    +5.0 combat focus regen
    100% chance to increase aggro on player activating skill by 300

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

doesnt a spec'd bard do this already?

3. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

greetings devilronin :) certainly some aspects are similar yes but that would be like saying no skill tree could have any similar skills to another tree.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Isn't it hard enough to keep aggro off other players, without adding more buffs to them that increase their aggro? Using a tank, I'd want to either decrease the aggro of my party, or increase my own, not increase my party's. The additional hits from haste and damage from strength is already going to make keeping it up more difficult.

5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

thanks @Browncoat Jayson! my apologies i was not clear on that. the aggro is for the tank, not the other players. everyone targets the screaming combatant driving everyone forward :) i have updated the OP to hopefully better reflect that.

6. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

the other problem is the downright OP aspect STR AND AS on one skill entails, we already have an instant taunt and buff taunt(the more recent addition below the instant), a tactics and earth buff set for muscle junkies(not sure how high you need to get them to hit 50 str with both), ludicrous speed(surpasses many buffs in combination, with or without bard and stance, also makes light armor obsolete), and focus regen... maybe useful(?), if you dont have ep2 access for bard recovery, or suck at aetheric feedback(i dont care for weirdo skill anyway:p)
    theres also other twisted ways to taunt for others, heal burst(you), [insert moon/sub stealth, or cc skill here](everyone else, likely cocoon*shrug)
    but there plenty of redundants, like 3 ele fists and arrows(4 if you include death touch/ray)...[redacted list of ideas to fix weapon and magic redundancies]
    or my wishlisted hybrid skills<_<(i have a billion more ideas... make that a billion an 3:p)
    edit:not all devs can do what gw2 did with least redundants, or inversely swtors mirrored classes

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

of course those values were just ideas. to come up with the top-end numbers i pulled from various sources: flurry, strength of earth, and the harp of invigoration... two of which all have much longer timespans than 30 seconds. with a potion of might and strength of earth alone i am at nearly +50 STR for a full 15 mins. i think that OP could be controlled by length and cooldown. if one member of the party is heavy spec, the most boost could come with a 30 second delay in-between as written above but tweak it a bit more on the cooldown and less OP. i envision this skill as a boost in the final push to kill a boss or to sway the battle if the party is being overrun, not as something meant to be continuously activated during the course of a fight. nevertheless you are absolutely correct as with anything like this it needs careful implementation to prevent having an OP skill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.