Gone since approx. 2017

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Celthon, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Started playing mid-2016, during which I bought/created a PoT (Player owned Town) https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nstead-holdfast-now-open-for-residents.59898/. Waiting on download/install and while doing so would like to ask if there are any 'major' changes to the game that I should be aware of that may affect my access to the game/account?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

EDIT: Logged in to the game (first time since 2017) and into my PoT...town is empty, as in all structures I'd previously built are gone. Apparently the game's been 'wiped' or reset, etc. since I last played -- so everything I'd purchased/installed are probably gone because I've not logged in for so long?

EDIT-2: Found this forum post/thread...looks like I have a LOT of research and re-learning to do...https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ges-to-the-game-for-returning-players.164048/

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the final wipe was july 28, 2016. going by your open for residents post, your last login was after that, so structures on town land should still be there. anything that was on lots, though, would be gone by now. even tax-free/founder deeds expire eventually if the owner doens't log in. it''ll all be in your bank.

3. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

My first log in was in 'off-line' mode, so I was a naked character, and the town was empty (as I noted in first post above)...then after fumbling through my old brain I logged in, in multiplayer mode, and my town is intact although as previous post by Alley Oop indicates the things I had on a lot are now in bank...so much to re-learn.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

Time Lord, Anpu and FrostII like this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Celthon
    Lots of things have changed since 2017. Glad you found @Anpu post on Changes. Lots of things have changed with POT also. Net time you are in your pot type "/slew" and you will be able to fly all around your POT. Just hit ESC to get out of it. Also you can upgrade your POT from nested to overworld for $50 with the Major Work Request Token in the Add-on store. The text says

"Change a nested POT to become an overworld POT. POTs nested within Novia or the Hidden Vale can move to the overworld map of either Novia or Hidden Vale. POTs nested within Mistrendur can move to the overworld maps of Mistrendur, Novia, or Hidden Vale. Note that POTs without Episode 2 access that move to the overworld may find themselves too far from old interconnection targets, so please keep this in mind when choosing an overworld location."

If I can help message me, in-game name is Warrior B'Patrick. I have had a POT for some time and love changing things in it. Also upgrading the size is cheaper now but really still expensive :eek:.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  6. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Couple more questions...not sure if it's better to add them here or start a new thread?

I'd pledged at the 'Edelmann' level in 2016, and had a house that was included with misc. other 'rewards' -- now going through both the bank window and rewards window I cannot find it. Were the houses given via the pledges able to be sold? If yes, then I may have sold it and don't remember. :(

Coto merchants are all gone from the game now?

Regarding the P.O.T.: I do not remember the process I went through to set the available lots in place and NPC buildings, decorations, etc. -- can someone remind me how that is done (looked through UI in-game and not finding it)...if available point me towards a guide/instructions.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sometimes it's hard to miss those deeds. I would filter your bank and inventory by the word deed to see if you find your deed. You need to have the deed in your inventory to claim a lot. If you don't have any luck after typing in filter in your inventory and bank then perhaps a dev can track it down. I wish you good luck on solving the mystery. Also we do all now get 2 free deeds through questing. These deeds are taxed not tax-free so FYI.

Welcome back. I'm Majoria in game if I can help.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In response to your question about the house that came with your Edelmann pledge, yes, such houses can be sold, so you may have sold it. With regard to the previous response by @majoria70 , the tip to search for the word "deed" is a good one, but if I remember correctly, deeds are only for lots, not for houses. You need a lot deed to claim a lot in a town, and the lots come with default houses (at least they used to back when I was actively playing). In my bank's inventory, all the houses that I have purchased (or received with a pledge) are labled "home", so I find the houses in my bank by filtering for the word "home".

I can't answer your question about Coto merchants since I haven't been playing for a while.

Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Indeed, Welcome Back @Celthon !:)

I too took a break for more than a year (yet it didn't seem that long), which caused all my housing and lots to fall back into my bank.

I now play Offline as well as Online, and I can tell you that they are very different from each other.

• POTs do not now exist in Offline Play though their accessories will still appear in your Offline Bank.

I can however report that it's only taken me about 3-4 weeks to get back into the SOTA swing of things, "yet I still have many newby questions because I can't remember everything I once knew about our game".

I still Truly Love Our Game! I think all the polish of the game was it's most striking difference after having not been playing for so long.

Truly, Welcome Back!
    ~Time Lord~:D

11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Celthon
    So a couple of questions for you. Are you in the time zone of the US? What is your in game name? The reason I am asking is that I can meet up with you and give you steward rights to my POT. Then we can go to an area noot developed and you can watch/do place some lot markers and deco. It is the easiest way to get back into doing it. Problem is I am +9 hours ahead of Austin Time so it would have to be good for both of us.

Alternatly I could do a post that would walk you thru it but it is harder to grasp some of the concepts in still photos. For instance, the DEVs gave up a command that lets us fly over called /slew. Let me know if you want to meet up and I can work with you to show you how it is done. It looks like this:

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.