Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No sir, but it's something quite a bit more flexible to help me refine searches mixed within all the other data. I can now search for fishing data specifically :)

Net and Anpu like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Excellent... I ask because the log isn't always accurate. ;)

3. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

@Elgarion just a heads up. I have been watching this thread for some time to keep up with the weekly events. I am not sure when but at some point in the last several weeks I stopped getting alerts for new comments. I am not sure why but i stopped watching and then started watching again, my hope is that will fix the issue. But I wanted to reach out and let you know what happened. I also wanted to reach out and thank you for this weekly Catnip Games fishing event. Good luck everyone!!

FrostII and Elgarion like this.
  4. Elgarion

Sounds good -- and you're quite welcome! I'm glad to be back into contest mode. Fun times ahead!

FrostII and Net like this.
  5. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

!Question for you @Elgarion - I am working on a spin off event for the rest of this week’s Catnip games fishing contest. Wondering if you could help with some of the final data with you new toy. Can you pull the data for who catches the most of any fish for the week in Rock Ridge or any POT? I was thinking of a contest for the most trout caught during the weekly event in Rock Ridge... Is that something that can be tracked? If that works can you maybe track the individual with the most clothing items caught in the weekly event? Might something like that be possible? I will save those until the next time Rock Ridge comes up as a fishing event POT.

For now Rock Ridge will award 300 crowns to each angler that catches the largest Fetid Water Trophy Fish of each type in Rock Ridge. Anglers can turn potential winners in as often as needed... We have 6 turn in chests at the main dock area. The contest will end when the Catnip Fishing event ends Friday at noon. All fish must be turned in before the Friday Live Stream to Qualify. All fish will be returned after the winners are confirmed and announced.

The entries must be caught in Rock Ridge during this week’s fishing event! If you pulled a big one already it counts as long as it was pulled after noon on Friday September 11th 2020 and before noon on Friday September 18th 2020. Good Luck to everyone!!

FrostII, Sorgin Txakal, Flair and 4 others like this.
  6. Elgarion

Clothing items would need experimentation, but it isn't part of the same logging improvements I'd be using for the fishies. Let's hold off on doing spin-off contests based on giving me more things to look through in the data. Initially I think my first few weeks with this will be slow going until I figure out a good routine. Then I can start considering pulling data for other people.

ONE GOOD THING, now that I don't need people's fish, all spin-off contest fish can go directly to the spin-off contest facilitator, even if its the largest fish. People won't need to wait on me to compare fish one bit ;)

7. Elgarion

I put this in the main post, Friday's update, and on the event page ;)

8. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Greetings!! I have a new town, named Duanor (that is pronounced Doo-ah-nor), which is the Mountain 01 template. My town is easy to find - just take any Cross Continent Galleon to Noreach. Duanor is on the Noreach island, just outside of Noreach.

@Elgarion , I would like Duanor to be added to your list of "fishing towns." :) I also have the magical fish statues!

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  9. Birko

Birko Avatar

Does that mean that anyone that catches a fish in a qualifying zone receives a participation reward?
    It sounds like a lot of work for you mate !

10. Elgarion

Haha yup :) Currently, each week has from 50 to 75 participants. I'm curious how much the number goes up ;)

Sole, FrostII, Birko and 4 others like this.
  11. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Greetings all, I want to send out a thank you for everyone who fished in Rock Ridge this week! I will be working on tabulating the results of the spin off event after it ends at Noon tomorrow. I hope to have prizes and fish returned before the end of the weekend. Please remember to turn in your biggest catch of each type of trophy fish sometime Friday. Only fish caught before noon game time will qualify for the prizes. Hope you all had fun and for those still fishing Good Luck. Thank you all :)

Sorgin Txakal and FrostII like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Elgarion
    It would be nice to know which 3 towns have been selected for the current week's tournament prior to the tournament beginning at noon CST.
    Example: The current tournament ends in approximately 30mins from this post and the next one begins then, yet we won't know which towns are involved until later today.

Loki Geitner likes this.
  13. Elgarion

It's always the next three towns in the list on the first page of this thread :) I'm about to push it out with the update. The update, this thread, and the events page will all be updated within the next 30 minutes as I work through all the update spam and postings I need to publish ;)

14. Net

Net Avatar

Well, we can quite reliably guess it will be:
    And most likely it will be FRESH water this time, as it is SALT-FETID-FRESH-SALT-FETID-FRESH... rotation.

I agree it would be nice and convenient, if we got announcement about the next week fishing spots in advance, to save @Elgarion some work, maybe the best time would be with the current towns announcement as a heads up to governors and to have it firmly set in palce without having tho check the list and guess it. Something like this.

Serenia and Elgarion like this.
  15. Elgarion

This week's objectives starting about 3 min ago... Happy fishing, anglers!

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event timeframe is Friday the 18th at Noon CT to Friday the 25th at Noon CT, and these are the prizes and goals for the indicated week:

Largest FRESHWATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy
    Devil's Lair (@Trinity)
    Rinzai (@Griffler)
    Knightmare Falls, Mistrendur East Island (@shadowvice)
    RECOMMENDED: Please put a mailbox for your anglers to use by the water. For salt or fetid water contests, town owners can receive a loaner statue to convert the water type of their town to that of the contest, if required.​
    Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Dysborg Ruins
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Verdantis Mines
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who caught at least 1 trophy fish in this week's locations
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

CROSS-OVER EVENTS:
    Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for participants and winners of the Fishing event, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Please submit links to event threads which take place in the spotlighted towns, PvP zone or PvE zone.

Current Crossovers:
    -- No crossover events yet announced.

Anpu, shadowvice and Net like this.
  16. Elgarion

Ooop! And you're right, the normal rotation would make it Fresh again... not sure what I was thinking. Updating all locations :)

Net likes this.
  17. Elgarion

I like that -- I'll adjust to that format soon. Showing current and next week... especially since we're no longer submitting new towns into the list until the week after.

Net likes this.
  18. Loki Geitner

Loki Geitner Avatar

Rinzai is currently saltwater

FrostII likes this.
  19. Elgarion

Something for @Griffler and team to work out ;)

20. Elgarion

Alrighty, I've added a forecasted section for POTs as requested:

These towns are up next Friday!

NEXT WEEK'S ROUND OF POTs:
    To aid governors better plan, the next round of POTs to compete will be from Noon to Noon, Friday to Friday, September 25th to October 2nd:
    Outlander Welcome Center, Novia Near Soltown (@Bayard)
    Logan's Farm (@Gridseed)
    Fallin' Green (@Chirp)​

Sonja, Redhammer, Net and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.