Questions re: Permissions and crafting stations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celthon, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Reinstalled the game few days ago, after having not played since mid-2017, and need clarification about setting 'Permissions' for my lot. I have this Pavilion: https://sotawiki.net/sota/Village_Pavilion, which I've put on a lot in my P.O.T. and placed 'Crafting Stations' on the ground alongside the Pavilion as well as a 'Hatch' to my Basement.
    My questions:

If I click the option to 'Block Doors' via the lotstone that will lock the Hatch leading to the basement (which is want I prefer)...but will that stop the 'public' from entering into the Pavilion? My understanding of that 'Block Doors' option is that in a structure with actual doors having that option clicked on prevents others from entering a door, even if it's left open. So, would enabling the 'Block Doors' option work the same way on the Pavilion (stop public from entering) even though it doesn't actually have doors? I want the public to be able to access the Pavilion, as it's being used as an 'open-air Pub', but no access to my basement.

Regarding the Crafting Stations on the ground next to the Pavilion: will public be able to use them (which is what I want)? When I r-click on a crafting station the permission option is for 'Move or Modify' (which I have set to co-owner)...but I cannot find a setting/option regarding allowing others to use the stations.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

In wizards rest we have 3 crafting pavilions set up. Anyone can use all crafting stations without messing with permissions. They just can. Multiple types of permissions in one residence has always been the tricky part of it all. You can't really block one room from letting anyone in except for locking the door. Right click on the door to lock.

We have so many options on one lot. You can have a basement, you can have a dungeon, and of course the house. Plenty of places to have permissions. Anyway just some thoughts that came up in my mind. Good luck with your project. It sounds great.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, no doors, no door blocks. everyone can use the pavilion. majoria mentioned rightclicking an individual door to lock, but that doesn't work for basement hatches/dungeons. blocking the doors from the lotstone is what you want.

4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you for replies/information.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

the lock is only for doors. they do not prevent people form accessing the lot area. Its a realism thing as well so that PVPers can't use blank lots etc as safe zones. have to get into a house with walls and doors to try and save yourself. keep in mind if you have big windows on a house with some rings and or jump potions those could be used for people to get into the house. but they can't open any doors if the house is locked so they may be stuck only in a room they jumped into.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.